+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 76
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: Ponderosa Philippines

  1. #31
    FORT Fogey march's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    868

    Re: Ponderosa Philippines

    Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I understand now why RC was allienated by her tribe. She is still bitter.
    I don't think that is why she was allienated by her tribe. But look at who she was at Pondrosa with until Penner arrived. Pete and Artis (who were in an alliance together that she was not part of) and Jeff Kent who is not talking to anyone including the cameramen from what we see. Her and Penner seemed to be getting along so maybe now that she has someone to socialize with she can stop thinking of the whats ifs of the game and enjoy herself.

  2. #32
    Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Just south of Hollywood
    Posts
    1,616

    Re: Ponderosa Philippines

    I can understand RC feeling snootered by Pete & Artis. It's obvious that they were smug and condescending and just plain mean to RC, without any reason. And, now Pete's falling back on the "it's just a game" defense. Sorry, dude - being deliberately mean is NOT part of the game. Being mean is a weak man's "crack cocaine" when he has more power than others.

    However, from RC's interview it sounds like Pete finally manned up and admitted he was wrong.
    Kocky_Kamikaze and Shoepie like this.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

  3. #33
    FORT Fanatic kev89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    503

    Re: Ponderosa Philippines

    Yeah, I can understand why RC wouldn't really want to talk much with Pete and Artis, and neither of them seemed to want to talk with her either. Jeff Kent seems to be the real bitter one though...where was he anyway? He was there the night Penner arrived, but I didn't see him at all in the second video.

    Penner's been great though, finally everyone else seems to be enjoying themselves a little. Until now this has been a fairly boring Ponderosa. If he wasn't an actor, I think Penner might have been a good therapist...both the way he consoled Lisa and broke the ice at Ponderosa were awesome.
    Kocky_Kamikaze likes this.

  4. #34
    It's EDGY! Kocky_Kamikaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Age
    46
    Posts
    5,870

    Re: Ponderosa Philippines

    Quote Originally Posted by RBmumsie View Post
    I can understand RC feeling snootered by Pete & Artis. It's obvious that they were smug and condescending and just plain mean to RC, without any reason. And, now Pete's falling back on the "it's just a game" defense. Sorry, dude - being deliberately mean is NOT part of the game. Being mean is a weak man's "crack cocaine" when he has more power than others.

    However, from RC's interview it sounds like Pete finally manned up and admitted he was wrong.
    Actually I'd like to see him man up and admit to sabotaging RC and Abi by slipping that clue in RC's bag!
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

  5. #35
    Dark Lord of the Sith maul52's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    BFE
    Posts
    155

    Re: Ponderosa Philippines

    Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post

    I understand now why RC was allienated by her tribe. She is still bitter.
    I think you have cause and effect mixed up. I think RC is bitter with her tribe BECAUSE she was alienated. For cryin' out loud...she found the hidden clue to the immunity idol, shared it with Abi, and the two of them buried it. Then Abi became a paranoid psycho and dug up the clue and shared it with Pete. Abi and Pete then found the idol and hid the clue. Pete then dug up the clue and put it in RC's bag and, when it fell out, Abi became even more psycho and treated RC like $hit while Pete gloated about how he had caused dissension within his tribe. Pete is a manipulative psychopath who failed to make it to the end and Abi is just a freaking antisocial idiot.
    Florimel, Shoepie, GabbyG and 4 others like this.

  6. #36
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    13,531

    Re: Ponderosa Philippines

    Quote Originally Posted by maul52 View Post
    I think you have cause and effect mixed up. I think RC is bitter with her tribe BECAUSE she was alienated. For cryin' out loud...she found the hidden clue to the immunity idol, shared it with Abi, and the two of them buried it. Then Abi became a paranoid psycho and dug up the clue and shared it with Pete. Abi and Pete then found the idol and hid the clue. Pete then dug up the clue and put it in RC's bag and, when it fell out, Abi became even more psycho and treated RC like $hit while Pete gloated about how he had caused dissension within his tribe. Pete is a manipulative psychopath who failed to make it to the end and Abi is just a freaking antisocial idiot.
    My post was not clear. Those are two seperate thoughts. She is bitter now.

    During the game I think her personality grated on them and she was pushed out of the loop because she annoyed them, for the most part. There is something about her that is not genuine. I am fishing for words here. Something signaled them to avoid her. I am not condoning Pete and Artis' behavior, not at all. She is off putting to me so I can imagine that being magnified at camp.

  7. #37
    chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    2,096

    Re: Ponderosa Philippines

    Quote Originally Posted by maul52
    Pete is a manipulative psychopath who failed to make it to the end and Abi is just a freaking antisocial idiot.
    like.

    Personally, and it is personal, I realize, but I don't really like anyone at Ponderosa except Penner. I kind of feel sorry for the guy stuck there with that group. Jeff is the moron who had it in for Penner, Artis and Pete are idiots, though Pete more than Artis, and obviously RC has psychological problems. lol
    Anyway, hopefully Penner will survive until someone decent shows up.
    Lil Bit, Shoepie and jucamer like this.

  8. #38
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    22,838

    Re: Ponderosa Philippines

    Penner (Ponderosa Part 1 & 2) mixing drinks and kicking back. I would be happy to see him if I were there
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

  9. #39
    FORT Fogey Miss Scarlet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,534

    Re: Ponderosa Philippines

    Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    My post was not clear. Those are two seperate thoughts. She is bitter now.

    During the game I think her personality grated on them and she was pushed out of the loop because she annoyed them, for the most part. There is something about her that is not genuine. I am fishing for words here. Something signaled them to avoid her. I am not condoning Pete and Artis' behavior, not at all. She is off putting to me so I can imagine that being magnified at camp.
    I agree. Her personality grated on me too, and something is not genuine. She just seems to have a better-than-thou air about her that rubs me the wrong way.
    Even now, she has such a smug condesencing look on her face at tribal councils.
    It doesn't surprise me at all that she's bitter, and will probably be out for vengeance of some sort at Finals because she just can't let go.
    I would think that someone who's been at Ponderosa for this long would have put things in perspective by now & be willing to accept fellow contestants as just that & have some fun.

    Never was a fan & even less now.
    Shoepie likes this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

  10. #40
    FORT Fogey jadewarlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    4,049

    Re: Ponderosa Philippines

    I don't see this jury being overly bitter unless Abi is in the final three. If she isn't I can see Abi being ugly to just about anyone, especially Skupin (got it right Pikachu - ), Lisa and Denise.

    Penner may show some tough love again to Lisa, but I think it's because deep down inside he truly does care. He has moved up so much in my opinion of him to begin with - understand the difference between game and real life AND has proven himself worthy of the third chance (as some know I didn't like the fact he had already played twice and made jury in the non-injury year, would've most likely had he not been hurt second go).
    jucamer likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.