+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree191Likes

Thread: 11/7 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 11/7 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I have it recorded, I will have to watch it all again.
    I will be watching again as well as I am still confused as to what happened. I have always liked Malcolm and Denise and just last week thought when Lisa found Malcolm's HI thought she would be a good addition. Never thought she would start telling everyone and really thought Malcolm was going to be a goner. Not sure if what Lisa did will hurt or help her and after watching the previews of next week will she really flip to the other side? I agree with Jeff when he said he has never, ever seen a TC like this one. This is a great season of Survivor and can't wait to see next week and what is going to happen. I think Penner really moved up from the bottom at the start of the show and ended at the top at the end.

I agree about Jeff Kent's speech at the end and after hearing he made 60 million and saying how you only get $600,000 after taxes and blaming it on Obama I was glad he was voted out. He was a jerk.

FORT Regular

Sad to see Jeff go as imo he's been the most entertaining player so far this season. I would have liked to see him make it to the final two (yeah, yeah, it'll be three again, but one can always dream). I do agree he brought it upon himself with the obsession about getting rid of the returning players because they "had their chance" (I'd disagree w/ that statement in regard to Skupin as well, but...)... He should have kept his obsession in check for 3 or 4 more episodes (rather than having it come out a week ago).

Not sure if I'll watch the remainder of the season, though I'll catch the final for sure. The only other mildly interesting player as far as I'm concerned is Penner, but when there's only one player, it ain't much fun watching.

I've read some of the comments on here and I don't think this is some brilliant Lisa 'master plan', I just think she's throwing darts. I would call it the most 'amateurish' season of Survivor I've seen since..... Africa?

I hope they find some more intelligent players for next season.

(oh, and I liked Jeff Kent's speech... now if they could just find 15 other ppl that would play the game with such fervor, it just showed how much he wanted to win.. his gameplay was solid, except for the one obsession... a season full of jeffs sans returning players would probably rank up there in the top 5)

oh, one more thing: lisa is like russell, without any direction to her gameplay. how exactly would she win a jury vote now? the .000001% chance that survivor goes back to a final 2 and she's up against abi? and since i may forget to post on here again for a few more years, GET RID OF THE FINAL *THREE*. PLEASE! it is the single biggest factor causing these godawful players to win. please allow the good player (or players, russell vs parvati vs some small piece of kiwi fruit or whatever that was coming to mind here) to get rid of that godawful third that everyone loves because they did nothing.
    Last edited by Darkhosis; 11-08-2012 at 07:18 AM.
    Monte71 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Endit View Post
    Why would Pete come to Malcomn out of the blue saying that Lisa told him about the idol? What the hell does that get him!? ... He even could mentioned his/Abi's idol and suggesting they create a super alliance with BOTH HIIs in the game!
    One of the first conversations after the merge was Pete telling Malcolm that Pete and Abi had an idol. (I'm surprised it was in Abi's pocket at TC. I would have expected Pete to usurp it.) So I think Pete was driven to ask Malcolm whether Malcolm had an idol because if true it means Malcolm had been holding out against him.

Jeff P's last comment at TC was along the lines of potentially one of the biggest squanders ever. Who did he have in mind??

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Brooks, I think Jeff P. was thinking Malcolm. But ANYone who has an immunity idol is a greater threat. Malcolm and Abi are both guaranteed 6 more days in the game. With only 9 left, that cuts everyone else's odds quite a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies
    Pete has straw for brains and Abi is psycho. At least Artis wasn't shown much tonight. THESE people are who you want to play with, Lisa?
    I think Lisa would like to play with Malcolm and Denise. They're likeable, good people, and not crazy. However, she knows she doesn't have a chance to beat either of them in the final three, that's just realistic. Her best chances are with Abi and Pete, but it means playing with crazy and crazier. Scary.

I think a better choice for Lisa would have been to try to align with Penner and Skupin and see what they can do there. She has a fair chance to beat Skupin (beyond RC, who really likes him from his former tribe?) and everyone seems to have it out for Penner. They are more reliable than the Pete/Abi twosome, and still she would have a shot against them.

Judging from the previews, Pete and Abi lose it on Lisa. This I'm also not getting. She helped them immeasurably by revealing Malcolm's idol and she has shown great loyalty to them. Why in the world would they turn on her??

What a crazy episode. At the end, I wasn't sure who I wanted gone more, Pete or Jeff. But after hearing Jeff's confessional after getting the boot I was really glad it was him. Arrogant much? That guy was practically foaming at the mouth. Oh, and bragging that you have made 60 million dollars playing a game and that winning Survivor would be nothing really, money wise (and that crack about Obama, ) is definitely not going to earn him the fan fave prize at the end, that's for sure. His crack at Penner after Penner won the immunity challenge (and beat Jeff? gasp!) was just immature. He's a douche. I hope he stews in it at Pondorosa. I'm so glad he went before Skupin and Penner, and thrilled Penner lives to see another day.

I think Abi threw her HII out there because she's desperate for attention: "see! I'm a serious player too!!" - her and Pete have a higher opinion of their own gameplay than it warrants. Her look of pure hatred directed at RC was seriously crazy. That chick needs a reality check.

Still not sure if Lisa did the right thing or not, but she certainly set things on fire at TC.
    waywyrd, march, GabbyG and 4 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    Judging from the previews, Pete and Abi lose it on Lisa. This I'm also not getting. She helped them immeasurably by revealing Malcolm's idol and she has shown great loyalty to them. Why in the world would they turn on her??
    This is the funniest comment I've seen so far. You're expecting rationale thought from Abi???

I'm relieved RC isn't dealing with Abi at Ponderosa. Jeff won't be much fun for her either but he's so self-absorbed all he'll need is a mirror to keep himself company.
    march, spockwhat, mindy384 and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    What a crazy episode. At the end, I wasn't sure who I wanted gone more, Pete or Jeff. But after hearing Jeff's confessional after getting the boot I was really glad it was him. Arrogant much? That guy was practically foaming at the mouth. Oh, and bragging that you have made 60 million dollars playing a game and that winning Survivor would be nothing really, money wise (and that crack about Obama, ) is definitely not going to earn him the fan fave prize at the end, that's for sure. His crack at Penner after Penner won the immunity challenge (and beat Jeff? gasp!) was just immature. He's a douche. I hope he stews in it at Pondorosa. I'm so glad he went before Skupin and Penner, and thrilled Penner lives to see another day.
    Eh, that's the way Kent is. He's a nice enough fellow in real life, but he is quite competitive on the field, and yes this attitude.

To me, it was funny as I mentioned, but certainly NOT worse than Hantz' rants about not winning and yet being a millionaire.

I don't think he would win fan fave anyway - I really think if it were any of the "celebrities" on the show it'd be Lisa, though I think Supkin may have a fighting chance.
    Monte71 likes this.

But Hantz isn't playing this season. I go by what they say as they leave this season, and so far Kent was a knob
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    Well, you know logic never figures into Abi's decisions. Lisa doing something nice for her is probably what make Abi target her. Pete probably turned on Lisa because he looked like a fool when he didn't believe Malcolm had an immunity idol and it was proved otherwise. Paranoia will be the downfall of both of this evil duo.

Speaking of Lisa, I am really enjoying her. Now that she's confident about playing Survivor (verses her emotions getting in the way at the start), you can tell she's not merely content to follow the tracks others put down and is getting creative. The last couple of tribals she has been one of the most logical and outspoken players. And after everything she did, she didn't get a single vote - despite the fact that she flat out said she was making a power move and playing both sides! It will be interesting to see what she is now viewed as, with her sweet/naive/motherly image ripped off.

Yes I really like her. I like Denise, but so far those two havent talked( that we have seen) I like Penner more than Skupin, but again Lisa must have talked with Skupin, and we haven't seen it

I see Abi and Pete turn on Lisa next week. Oh goody! Abi makes no sense is going to beak off.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread