+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree191Likes

Thread: 11/7 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

He activates my yummy!!!! yourefired's Avatar

Re: 11/7 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Scrappymom View Post
    "Lisa is so naive." You keep thinking that, buddy. Lisa's "naivety" may propel her far into the game.
    Not after tonight. She played too hard too fast, and she trusted the wrong group. Last week Jeff blew his shot at the million by not taking out Pete. And this week Lisa blew hers by flapping her gums. I love both players. I love students of the game who come to play and win. Both of these players did that.

Jeff Kent was not well liked in any clubhouse he was in. That doesn't change the fact that he's a die hard competitor and I love that about him. Lisa has played a good game up until tonight. She talked too much tonight trying to make sure she was with people she could beat. It wasn't the time for that yet. The thing she really forgot is that by sending her former tribe to the jury that might be stacking the votes in her favor. She should have continued bonding with people and playing the nice church lady. This style of play is going to cost her.

Getting out Jeff Kent was smart from a competitive standpoint, but getting out Pete would have been smarter. Not only is Pete younger, but he's also the ringleader of the dominant alliance. I see why Lisa wanted to be at the end with the people nobody liked, but you can't play for the end with double digits left. Play it smart and cut off the head of the snake. That would have been the smart thing to do.
    march, Monte71, mindy384 and 1 others like this.
    Geisha Ninja Sparkle Dance
    Twirling Ninja Sparkle Dance

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by yourefired View Post
    Not after tonight. She played too hard too fast, and she trusted the wrong group. Last week Jeff blew his shot at the million by not taking out Pete. And this week Lisa blew hers by flapping her gums. I love both players. I love students of the game who come to play and win. Both of these players did that.

Jeff Kent was not well liked in any clubhouse he was in. That doesn't change the fact that he's a die hard competitor and I love that about him. Lisa has played a good game up until tonight. She talked too much tonight trying to make sure she was with people she could beat. It wasn't the time for that yet. The thing she really forgot is that by sending her former tribe to the jury that might be stacking the votes in her favor. She should have continued bonding with people and playing the nice church lady. This style of play is going to cost her.

Getting out Jeff Kent was smart from a competitive standpoint, but getting out Pete would have been smarter. Not only is Pete younger, but he's also the ringleader of the dominant alliance. I see why Lisa wanted to be at the end with the people nobody liked, but you can't play for the end with double digits left. Play it smart and cut off the head of the snake. That would have been the smart thing to do.

Good points.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Colour me confused.

Question 1: Why did Penner vote Abi? If he had voted Pete with the rest, it would have been at least a tie.

2. Why in the heck did Abi reveal HER idol? It wasn't even in question, not exposed in any way. What a weirdo.

3. Related to that, why didn't Abi give her idol to Pete? He was in trouble, her whole alliance was, yet she doesn't do anything to save it? She's an unmitigated moron.

I'm not sure that Lisa blew it. She tried to make a play but just didn't see how far Pete the mastermind was blinded when it comes to Malcolm. Any other reasonable person would have tried fishing for the truth... but right away Pete runs off and tells Malcolm. Opportunity wasted.

Really Pete and Abi are just a couple of illiterate tools. The way Abi drops information on a regular basis is hilarious. Between her and Carter, my mouth is hanging open in shock half the time while I watch. You could say I do my Carter look.
    NFL1, sweetpea, sclilred1 and 2 others like this.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Scrap my earlier question about Penner. I guess it makes sense. He is a free agent now and by voting Abi his number one enemy (Jeff) is now out of the game. In fact, Penner is in a decent position... free to play with whomever he likes.

I'm not quite sure why Skupin stuck with his original tribemates, though.

ETA: Just wanted to add, though Lisa's move against Malcolm was definitely premature, it did draw the line between her original tribemates and Malcolm and Denise. I doubt Malcolm will be considered an ally for Pete and his trio of idiots anymore. But considering how DUMB they are, maybe he'll be back kissing Malcolm's butt next episode.
    Last edited by spockwhat; 11-08-2012 at 12:08 AM.
    malthus likes this.

I'm not so sure about the bolded. Jeff is a pretty good competitor physical...about on par with Pete, but I think he is smarted than Pete. Pete has not really shown himself to have any strategy...he paired up with Abi, got rid of his own alliance member RC, and then blabbed to Malcom about the hidden immunity idol...and then believed Malcom when he lied and said he didn't have it. Jeff was stupid to want to get rid of Penner and Mike just because they are returning players and could not see beyond that. They would have been natural to pair up with, along with Lisa and Denise. The older folks working together to get rid of the youngsters and then every person for themselves. He was blinded by that obsession, but still I think Jeff was a much more devious player and therefore, a more dangerous player than Pete.

I will really enjoy seeing Pete scrambling now that he knows he isn't exactly running the show anymore.

I also have to add that I am really enjoying this season so far and I hope it keeps it up because this could turn out to be one of the best in a long time.
    Last edited by Midol; 11-08-2012 at 12:38 AM.
    pikachu, Hyper, spockwhat and 5 others like this.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

My Jeff vs Pete comparison came down to 20's vs 40's and Jeff's ailing knee. But I agree he's no slouch. I wish he hadn't been so blinded with his Penner obsession because it really did cost him the game. I doubt he'll ever admit that though.
    Jexter and Midol like this.

My Jeff vs Pete comparison came down to 20's vs 40's and Jeff's ailing knee. But I agree he's no slouch. I wish he hadn't been so blinded with his Penner obsession because it really did cost him the game. I doubt he'll ever admit that though.
    I forgot about Jeff's knee. It couldn't have been that bad because if you didn't know about it, it would not have been obvious...at least from what they showed. They only seemed to focused on it a bit in the first few episodes. I wonder if people at the camp knew? or did he hide it well?
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Penner's Fantastic Two take out their opposition! Mmhmm! MMhmmm! mmmhMM!

Athletes are trained to play through the pain so I think he hid it well. I hope one of the interviewers asks him about that though. I'd love to know.
    Midol likes this.

FORT Fan

"Lisa is so naive." You keep thinking that, buddy. Lisa's "naivety" may propel her far into the game.

I'm not sure that Lisa blew it. She tried to make a play but just didn't see how far Pete the mastermind was blinded when it comes to Malcolm.
    I guess I spoke too soon! LOL Part of Lisa's problem tonight was that she decided she was done holding her cards close to her vest. She couldn't stop flapping her gums. It was like she drank a truth serum and would not even think of hiding anything. She said things at tribal council that would have been better left to private camera interviews. Well at least she doesn't have to worry about anybody thinking she's playing under the radar...

+ Reply to Thread