+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree191Likes

Thread: 11/7 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: 11/7 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re the earlier question of why Jeff didn't ally with Lisa and Denise if he was so down on the returners and have an "older newbie player" alliance? Sorry, but I don't see Jeff ever counting women as his teammates. He's been kind of a jerk since the start.
    I've now missed two Survivors due to Sandy, so thanks all for your reports here as I've had intermittent internet through various locations. Now back home with both power and internet as of this afternoon, so hoping to catch up on Survivor through one of the various rerun options.
    sweetpea likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Re the earlier question of why Jeff didn't ally with Lisa and Denise if he was so down on the returners and have an "older newbie player" alliance? Sorry, but I don't see Jeff ever counting women as his teammates. He's been kind of a jerk since the start.
    I've now missed two Survivors due to Sandy, so thanks all for your reports here as I've had intermittent Internet through various locations. Now back home with both power and internet as of this afternoon, so hoping to catch up on Survivor through one of the various rerun options.
    I agree, he does come across as a real jerk, I dont know him except for this show

I hope all is well with you PWS
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

He activates my yummy!!!! yourefired's Avatar

I'm still not getting the Jeff Kent hate. All he said was he'd made $60 million in baseball so it wasn't like winning the money was a big deal to him. He just likes winning, and I love a player like that. I'm with the person who said they wanted 15 Kents on a season. I'd love to see Jeff Kent get to play again, and I'd love to see more players like him. If only he wasn't so blinded by the returnee vengeance.
    ilja and Photobabe like this.
    Geisha Ninja Sparkle Dance
    Twirling Ninja Sparkle Dance

I didn't see that he was such a jerk, just really vocal about not wanting a returnee to win. The closing remarks were definitely not classy (yourefired, I think it was adding in Obama that sealed it, although I didn't really care about that). I do wish he'd gotten with the right people to ride along a little further, if only to get some Petes or Abis or even Artises out (although I don't really have a problem with him, either, except for alligning with Pete and Abi).

What I would have loved to see at the tribal was Jeff P. probe a little deeper when Abi showed the idol. I'm sure he could have gotten her to admit she'd shown him the clue to help her search, and then slammed her with, so who all knew to dig up that clue? And you blamed RC? To see the look on her face in the minutes it might take for her to get that Pete played here would have been priceless! Sadly, I don't think it'd change her seeming hatred of RC but I would have enjoyed it.

Quote Originally Posted by yourefired View Post
    I'd love to see Jeff Kent get to play again, and I'd love to see more players like him. If only he wasn't so blinded by the returnee vengeance.
    But if Jeff were to return, what in the world could he discuss in the confessionals, being a returnee and all, LOL.
    march, sclilred1 and Midol like this.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

I wouldn't care to see Jeff Kent play again. He played a lousy game and went out with a bad attitude. He has millions of dollars already so he can suck it.
    Florimel likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by yourefired View Post
    I'm still not getting the Jeff Kent hate. All he said was he'd made $60 million in baseball so it wasn't like winning the money was a big deal to him. He just likes winning, and I love a player like that. I'm with the person who said they wanted 15 Kents on a season. I'd love to see Jeff Kent get to play again, and I'd love to see more players like him. If only he wasn't so blinded by the returnee vengeance.
    I think some of the hate may come from the outside-the-game information about him. Knowing he's a homophobe does it for me. Jeff Kent opens his checkbook and takes a stand against gay marriage

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Hate is an awfully strong word. I don't hate Jeff Kent. I just don't like him. Personally, I'm enjoying Jonathan Penner this season so I don't like Kent pushing so hard to send him home. Plus, I think it's hypocritical of Jeff to sit in judgement of Skupin and Penner and say they don't deserve to win because they've had their chance before. Why doesn't he tell the other castaways that he's a famous ballplayer? Oops, that's right, they might decide he doesn't deserve to win because he's a millionaire and doesn't need the money like some of the other contestants. Glass houses, Jeff. Look it up and keep your stones to yourself.

I thought his attitude during the game was so negative. He honestly rarely looked like he was having fun there. Now maybe that's his competitive game face, I don't know, but to me he came across as smug, arrogant, condescending and his closing remarks sealed the deal for me. I think he just needed to believe he was the alpha male, and having Penner win that immunity challenge unhinged him. So glad to see Penner last longer than Kent.
    Rattus likes this.

I was glad to see Penner outlast Kent as well. Kent's parting shot didn't bother me, in fact we all laughed. The one that is getting to me know is Lisa. I think she played stupidly. Now no one is going to trust her. I sure as heck wouldn't. Abi and Pete are both such sourpusses. I hope we get to see them go soon. I know they are going to be easy to beat for the million if they make it to the final three and all, but bleh - I don't want to have to put up with them until the end lol. Abi is a nutcase. Malcolm is still my favorite, him and Denise. Malcom is just so calm and cool.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

+ Reply to Thread