+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree245Likes

Thread: 10/31 Show Thread *Spoilers*

FORT Fan

Re: 10/31 Show Thread *Spoilers*

Oh, I also agree with the Carter is boring and definitely NOT hot camp. His fish mouth makes it difficult for me to even look at him without thinking "poor boy" and I can't bear anyone with a vacant stare.
    PWS likes this.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by judibug View Post
    I watched the votes carefully and I could have sworn Jeff Kent voted for R.C.
    You're right, judibug! According to Wikipedia, here's how the votes broke down:

Voted for:
    Pete = Jonathan, RC
    RC = Artis, Carter, Jeff, Pete
    Jonathan = Abi-Maria, Denise, Lisa, Malcolm, Michael

It was clever of Jeff and Carter to go with the alliance and split votes between RC and Jonathan but direct their votes at RC so that technically they didn't betray their alliance with Jonathan.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by kev89 View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I like RC and would have loved to have seen Abi get blindsided, but I can see the logic in keeping her around in this stage of the game. Abi's got no chance of winning with her awful social game, which is probably why Pete wants to bring her to the end.
    And Peter has no chance of winning for the same reason! Perfect pair. Artis, too.

Quote Originally Posted by judibug View Post
    I watched the votes carefully and I could have sworn Jeff Kent voted for R.C.
    Oops sorry you are right.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    You're right, judibug! According to Wikipedia, here's how the votes broke down:

Voted for:
    Pete = Jonathan, RC
    RC = Artis, Carter, Jeff, Pete
    Jonathan = Abi-Maria, Denise, Lisa, Malcolm, Michael

It was clever of Jeff and Carter to go with the alliance and split votes between RC and Jonathan but direct their votes at RC so that technically they didn't betray their alliance with Jonathan.
    The editing was choppy. I got no sense of who was with who. Still not sure because things are going to change.

The majority just wanted the II gone; it doesn't mean they will not align with Penner next week. I understand the need to do that. I just don't understand Jeff voting RC. We have seen little interaction on either tribe so who knows what happened to make so many dislike her.
    Last edited by Shoepie; 11-01-2012 at 01:51 PM.

First of all, I find it shocking that none of the guys recognize who Jeff Kent is. Do they not watch baseball? Is Jeff on some minor league? Did he radically alter his appearance before coming on the show? I would have thought more people than Dawson would recognize him.

I'm not surprised a lot of people didn't recognize Lisa. Her show was on years ago and she looks very different to me. I wouldn't have recognized her as a celebrity.

Second of all, Abi's story about why she had a falling out with RC is BS. Abi already betrayed RC and went idol-hunting with Pete before the clue was planted at camp. I'm very ticked and saddened that RC got voted out before Abi. I really wanted Abi to get blindsided with an idol in her possession before RC.

Third, I don't understand Jeff's beef with the veterans. Yes, they had their chance to win Survivor before but they got taken out early due to injury (withe the exception of Penner the first time he played Survivor). It could equally be argued that Jeff himself doesn't deserve to win because he's probably earned more than most of the other contestants playing sports and doesn't need the money. I think he's going to shoot himself in the foot taking out the veterans, who happen to be closer to his age, and leaving himself alone with a bunch of youngsters who will probably vote him out.
    I've been stunned from the beginning that no one but Dawson has recognized Jeff Kent. He's been retired for only a few years and was an MVP. Several people recognized Gary Hogenboom in his season and he was out of football for a long time.

I AM surprised, however, that more of them don't know Lisa. She looks very much the same to me and her voice is instantly recognizable. Facts of Life is still shown on a few channels and she's been on several talk shows this year and last.
    sclilred1 and Midol like this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

- Thanks to those who corrected me on the number of votes cast for Penner. I need to pay better attention!

- I'm married to a big baseball fan. I wouldn't have recognized Jeff Kent if he'd been wearing a uniform, with a flashing neon sign with his name around his neck. Hubby would have known him in a heartbeat. I'd have known Lisa for sure.
    wannasee likes this.

Eh, I can understand why Kent wants the veterans to be out. They did have their chance, they got to play already, so I agree with him why he wants them out. What I don't agree, is how he went along with Tangdang so quickly just to oust, Penner.

I really wish he, Carter, Denise, Malcolm, RC and Skupin formed an alliance. Right after finally seeing Kalabaw, I began to like their tribe, Tandang? Not so much, (well, okay maybe it's more of Abi/Artis/Peter)

Carter doesn't strike me as hot, either. He reminds me of Chet from Survivor: Micronesia and he didn't appeal to me, either.
    Wow, they do look alike now that you mention it. Chet pissed me off because in the same episode Penner was forced to leave the game despite his desire to stay, Chet basically quit and asked to be voted out. Now Carter has pissed me off for betraying Penner, so they now have something else in common too.
    Moontat and Midol like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    And Peter has no chance of winning for the same reason! Perfect pair. Artis, too.
    I used to think Pete had a decent shot because I was under the impression that he was going under the radar while Abi and Artis played awful social games. When he planted the idol clue for example, he took the focus off himself and forced it onto Abi and RC. Now it's looking more and more that he's been just as mean as Abi and Artis, so I really don't know what his plan is. A final 3 of Pete, Abi, and Artis could be the worst final 3 in the history of Survivor.

+ Reply to Thread