+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree245Likes

Thread: 10/31 Show Thread *Spoilers*

Re: 10/31 Show Thread *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    Sure. Nobody wants Pete, right?

Me neither. I don't want Jeff either.
    It may be the celebratory drinks but I might consider a trade for Jeff. I always felt kinda bad he just missed out on a World Series win with the Giants, and since he left, they've won two. Plus, he did not get along with Barry Bonds at all, so I sense a kindred spirit.

Okay, back on track, here...

Mindy, good point about Skupin, I didn't pay attention to who he voted for. He will not be around much longer, I don't think.
    Allie likes this.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

I'm so disappointed in Michael. For a long time I wanted him to come back and be epic. But no. *sigh*

I'm so glad I chose Penner's Fantastic Four instead of Skupin's Fantastic Four. There wouldn't be anything fantastic about a Skupin-led group.

Jeff Kent's obsession with Penner and returning players is crazy. He is losing sight of the game. There are only 4 of them in their tribe and he wanted to get rid of the one person in his tribe that has the HII. How stupid is that? And what happens if he gets rid of Penner? Then he becomes the 8th or 7th at best person on the other tribe. That is so f'ing stupid!!!! I hope Jonathan device a way to get Denise, Malcolm, Skupin, and Lisa to his side. I wish Denise didn't vote for Jonathan and put Pete's name instead but it seems that she and Malcolm are currently just going with the tide.

I understand Jeff doesn't want a veteren to win, however he played his hand too soon. As many have said, he is now on the bottom of his 'new' alliance and that isn't a good place to be. He should've stuck with Penner and got the Tandangs off and then turned to his own alliance and figured some way of taking Penner down. At that point there would have been more urgency to get rid of the much-liked veteren Penner as they would've been closer to the end of the game and I'm sure several others wouldn't have wanted him to win either. I love Penner and would love to see him win, but I can understand why they don't. Now Jeff basically has broken trust with the few people who trusted him and he is in an alliance with people he just met and has no way of knowing who is trustworthy and who isn't...and worse, as the newbie and a strong male, he has made himself a threat as well as very expendable. Dummy.
    march, Shoepie, kev89 and 4 others like this.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

I came away with two opinions after watching this episode:

According to the previews - Penner is NOT happy next week, knowing that four people voted against him this week - and he recognizes more than ever that he can't trust what anyone says to his face.

I think Lisa really WAS just being nice to hang up everyone's clothes, but I can't imagine EVER going into anyone's personal belongings without permission. That was odd. But (optimist that I am), I believe she will hold to her promise of not revealing what she knows to anyone else. And now that she's solid with Malcolm and Denise, she's in the best place she can be.
    Shoepie, kev89, sclilred1 and 1 others like this.

Yeah. Carter for the most part is a boring hot guy though.
    Boring? Yes. Hot? *shudder*
    sweetpea, PWS, sclilred1 and 5 others like this.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by mindy384 View Post
    Abi, Pete and Artis(?)--do you not realize that if you get to the finals your TRIBEMATES (yea, those other folks that just happen to be hanging out at the same beach (that you ignored/have been rude to the entire time)) actually VOTE for the winner? Obviously, these folks are garbage, practically worthless human beings, but are they flat out stupid as well? I hate the thought of any of them seeing any $$ but I relish the fact that NONE of them can win if they make it that far...

Jeff--tsk tsk. Seems like he has a partially functioning brain and he isn't anywhere near as abhorrent as Abi and Pete but he just can't see the forest for the trees. I honestly think this guy spends 23 hours and 59 mins of everyday obsessing about Penner (the other 60 secs per day he devotes to creating clever baseball/survivor metaphors to share with us lucky viewers) and the fact that a (shudder and gasp!) veteran could make it to the finals. BUT, at the end of the [long Penner obsessed] day Jeff has wasted ALL of his time focusing on the veterans, burning alliances and breaking promises...and that does not a survivor winner make. Jeff, this is you: ..bless your silly heart.

Skupin--what are you, stupid? If he had voted for Pete instead of Penner then his MAIN alliance (RC) would still be in the game AND he could join a new super majority. He had to have known that [at least] Penner was planning to vote for Pete and if he had any sense he should have made a decision based on inteliigence rather than fear and discussed several scenarios with RC including: a) does Penner have an idol b) maybe we should ask Penner since he asked us to join his alliance c) how many votes for Penner and if they are splitting the vote who would the other person be...might be wise to double check those numbers. Plus, they could have easily explored pulling Lisa into their bloc either through their obvious kindred relationship or, if neccessary, by force (we know who you are and we will ensure the jury doesnt give you money if you don't come with us). At the end of the day you are playing with the 3 people you said you couldn't play with and that's just a travesty.
    I thought Pete might be the only one of the three smart enough to realize the jury part of the game and was planning to go to the end with Abi and Artis to give himself the best shot, but if he's been as rude Abi and Artis have been, maybe not. It amazes me that there are still people who play this game without realizing that it is primarily a social game.

I didn't notice Skupin voting for Penner when first watching, yeah, I wonder why that happened. Well, if he had just voted for Pete as planned, then Penner and RC would have tied, but RC still would gone because of the idol. Still, he could have told RC and Penner, they probably would have scrambled a bit, and bringing in Lisa wouldn't have been a bad idea either. Maybe Pete promised him he would stay longer than Jeff, Carter, Denise, and possibly Malcolm, but, still, I'm dissapointed in that move. He could have saved RC and maybe even Penner's idol

FORT Fogey

Those who voted for Penner got way too caught up in getting rid of his II. There is time for that and it wasn't last night. Big mistake for some but a good heads up for Penner.
    kev89 and AZChristian like this.

I'm so disappointed in Michael. For a long time I wanted him to come back and be epic. But no. *sigh*

I'm so glad I chose Penner's Fantastic Four instead of Skupin's Fantastic Four. There wouldn't be anything fantastic about a Skupin-led group.
    Skupin's Fantastic Four would probably be the medical staff tending to his wounds
    Rattus, Moontat, Midol and 1 others like this.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    For a social game it says much when Skupin says that Pete, Abi Maria and Artis are rude to everyone in the tribe and that Pete has only spoken 4 words to him in 17 days.
    Strange strategy by Mike. I've never seen anyone successfully recruit others to their alliance because "those people are rude.". He should know people have one question - what's in it for me?

+ Reply to Thread