+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree104Likes

Thread: 10/24 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 10/24 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    I'm hoping they merge and Denise and Lisa hit it off, with the "older women" vibe. And I'm hoping that Denise sticks with Malcolm and they somehow make a play on the annoying ones - Artis, Abi and Pete.
    Well, it looks like Malcolm and Lisa bond next week based on the preview, if that happens, I could easily see Denise and Lisa hitting it off. I put Lisa down with the main Tandang alliance, but really she's another wild card vote, I don't know where her loyalties lie. She's certainly in a better position right now than RC and Skupin since they are being targeted by the annoying ones, but at the same time she doesn't seem very close to the three, it's hard to guess what she'll do. This is shaping up to be an interesting game after the merge, I really can't predict how things will go. I'm just hoping anyone but Artis, Abi, and Pete do well
    Shoepie, Moontat and jucamer like this.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

My guess is that when these tribes merge, they'll be falling apart all over the place.

That will leave Denise and Malcolm plenty of options.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata
    I also think Lisa may go far. She may not be the best athlete but she tries and put her heart in it and I slowly but surely she is becoming a valuable member of her tribe. I am liking that both Lisa and Denise are showing and being recognized that as older females they do contribute to the tribe and can be sly as Penner.
    Agreed! If she makes the merge, and I think she will, she is just the right person to go far. She's not considered a huge challenge threat (oh, Malcolm.), she's likeable and useful around camp, doesn't bother people much, and plays a strategic game that no one can see... I'm liking her game actually.

And we need to get this representation of older females on the show... if just so they can break the habit of people wanting to vote them off early. Lisa was LUCKY that her tribe never went to tribal in the beginning.
    Last edited by spockwhat; 10-26-2012 at 08:32 PM.
    Bearcata, Shoepie, Allie and 2 others like this.

I think Katie's desire to maybe get some "celebrity" boost from being on Survivor didn't pan out ...because she just wasn't made for that show and what it requires.
    I was sure Penner was going....glad he didn't....have a love/hate thing with him (reminds me of an ex) but he's a good player.

I never see the value in grouping in gender, old/young, newbie/veteran.........if you really want to win, use your head/logic and pick people for alliances about their talents instead.

I don't get how when Penner goes out fishing, the rest sit around. I think I would get a long branch, find some thread or something, something to use as a hook. And put that into the water while I sat around and complained about the lack of food.....probably wouldn't catch much but it's something!!!
    Jonathan himself talked about how the younger ones tend to complain the most and are the worst at deprivation.
    Uncle David and malthus like this.

Quote Originally Posted by march View Post
    Maybe it's that lack of food that led him to ask Penner who he wanted to vote out "Katie or Penner"?
    Way to go Carter!!!!! ask one of the people you are considering voting out if they want to vote themselves out. ha,ha
    First thing of I thought of was on Big Brother this year when the guy from Kentucky rolled over and said, "Dan was just in here, blah, blah, blah . . ." and then Dan goes . . . "This is Dan" . . . and then Kentucky goes "Wassupp" LOL
    sweetpea, Shoepie, Moontat and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    I never see the value in grouping in gender, old/young, newbie/veteran.........if you really want to win, use your head/logic and pick people for alliances about their talents instead.

I don't get how when Penner goes out fishing, the rest sit around. I think I would get a long branch, find some thread or something, something to use as a hook. And put that into the water while I sat around and complained about the lack of food.....probably wouldn't catch much but it's something!!!
    Jonathan himself talked about how the younger ones tend to complain the most and are the worst at deprivation.
    I don't see the value in that either, it also annoyed me back in the first All Star season when the winners were targeted simply because they didn't need the money...I don't think one winner made the merge. I do see the value in going along with that way of thinking if others already are. Kim for example from last season, I remember in the first episode she said she didn't care for the men vs women idea, but she ultimately used that to her advantage.

I remember hearing somewhere that Penner put on a lot of weight before going on the show to prepare for very little food. I'm no expert, but the fact that Penner seemed to do okay, while Carter really struggled, suggests that Penner had the right idea. I agree about the lack of food too, for one thing, it appears that both tribes had very little rice left. They were on day 15, so less than halfway through, and both tribes are almost out of rice? Doesn't seem right to me, either they're eating so much rice because they're unable to find other foods, or they're just doing a terrible job rationing the rice. Either way, this group doesn't seem to have very impressive survivial skills.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Yes, how can everyone be out of rice? Are they expecting a big new bag at the merge? Did someone tell them this supply only had to last halfway through the game? If not their math is terrible!!!!!!!!

Maybe one reason Denise and Malcolm do well in challenges is that they were on the incredible shrinking tribe, so their "share" kept getting larger and larger!
    spockwhat and scoot13 like this.

Yeah, I don't know, that's a good point. They do get a meal at the merge, I wonder if more rice is included as well. Still, I don't remember there being a food shortage this early in the game, except maybe for those seasons where they didn't even get rice to start with. Good point about Matsing too, I wonder what happened to their rice supply, maybe they'll just give the merged tribe whatever they had left lol.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Matsing probably planted all their rice, hoping to grow more.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Yes, how can everyone be out of rice? Are they expecting a big new bag at the merge? Did someone tell them this supply only had to last halfway through the game? If not their math is terrible!!!!!!!!
    To a large extent they're short on rice because only Matsing was being voted out.

Quote Originally Posted by kev89 View Post

I remember hearing somewhere that Penner put on a lot of weight before going on the show to prepare for very little food. I'm no expert, but the fact that Penner seemed to do okay, while Carter really struggled, suggests that Penner had the right idea.
    Penner is a smart dude...the body will use all the fatty deposits and [some folks argue] all abnormal deposits for fuel before moving on to lean muscle. BUT, that doesn't mean hes not feeling the hunger just like the young kids--he's just not whining as much about it.

+ Reply to Thread