+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree104Likes

Thread: 10/24 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Re: 10/24 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

I thought it was a smart move on Jonathan's part, too. I think if the challenge had proceeded, Kalabaw would have ultimately lost, the challenge would have gone on for another hour or more, and they would have nothing more than the rice back at their camp they started with. His tribe ended up with better food and letters from home to boost their morale. Surely that was worth the cost of a little rice.

It wasn't a total loss for Tandang, either. They at least doubled their supply of rice and got to save their tribe the wear and tear of a more prolonged reward challenge. They might not have won the immunity challenge if they were spent from the previous challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie View Post
    I'm thinking Penner made that deal because he knew a merge was coming. Don't they get a big feast when they merge? If (according to Abi and the gang) there was only enough rice for maybe 2 or 3 days for those 5 people, what happens when they merge? Are they given more rice? I'm not sure it's ever been mentioned.

I was sweating for Penner last night, I felt for sure he was going, even though they really did need to keep him around for the challenges. I was yelling at my TV for him to play the idol just in case and when he didn't, I thought he was a goner. He must've had some sort of inside scoop that he was sure he was staying...or he has some brass ones. I did appreciate him telling Jeff that if he was the one blindsided, he wouldn't take it personally, and good for the rest of them for getting him out. After that forshadowing i felt for sure he was gone. So glad he's still there.

I'm generally not a fan of returning players (love me some Penner, though!), but if they have to have veterens come back I would like to see Survivor: First Boot Island- all players that were given the heave ho at the very first tribal council. It would barely be like they were veterens since they were only there 3 days and never really played the game. They can also add in that person that was once eliminated before they even played ANY Survivor (I think it was a woman)- that was just not right.
    Not me - most of them were voted out because they were so annoying. That would probably be the only season I would check out early.
    Midol likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie View Post
    I'm generally not a fan of returning players (love me some Penner, though!), but if they have to have veterens come back I would like to see Survivor: First Boot Island- all players that were given the heave ho at the very first tribal council. It would barely be like they were veterens since they were only there 3 days and never really played the game. They can also add in that person that was once eliminated before they even played ANY Survivor (I think it was a woman)- that was just not right.
    You mean that woman last season who was hurt in the first challenge? I wouldn't mind that, but I don't think she'd come back, from what I've heard, she was very unhappy with the treatment she was provided and wants nothing more to do with the show. There was that man and woman who barely got to play in Palau...they started out by picking tribes, and the one man and one woman not picked were eliminated right off that bat, I always thought that was an unfair twist. I think it would be interesting if they brought back two players who were voted out early, but put them on their tribes right away and Probst would never say anything, just to see if anyone actually reconized them, and if not, then it would be up to them if they wanted to reveal that information.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    That's exactly what I thought, as well. She doesn't look like she's arguing to compete, and then blames others for not competing. She's one of those people who never takes any blame, it's always someone or something else that is at fault. Her whining about the rice after the fact was really irritating. She doesn't speak up so she can moan and complain and b*tch about it afterwards. It would be exhausting being around her 24/7.

I wonder why nobody is searching for mussels or clams...didn't they do that previously, or am I remembering another season? They have coconuts, and possibly there might be other sources of fruit or food in the area. I remember way back when I tribe earned a visit from a local who showed them what could be eaten and how to prepare it. That would be a huge advantage. I agree, Penner is no Ozzy when it comes to fishing, but we didn't see anyone else offering to take a turn. They need to conserve energy, but if everyone tried to find some food periodically throughout the day they surely could come up with something.

The mud challenge looked completely exhausting. When they were all standing discussing the deal, and Pete and Carter broke apart from their deadlock, I was yelling for one of them to just make a run for it at the ball and try to take the others by surprise. I can't imagine being held down in the cold mud for an hour. Yuck.

So happy to see Penner, Malcolm, Denise, Skupin and RC still in it. I like RC/Skupin, and I hope they don't get taken out by the wackos on their tribe. RCs plan of letting Abi dig her own grave with her outbursts is a good one. Hopefully it will work and she'll be blindsided. That would be lovely. I can hear the language now as she takes the walk of shame out of the tc area!

Malcolm needs to stick around as long as possible so I can watch him. He's so lovely. I have a feeling, though, that all cleaned up he won't be as attractive.
    Penner might not be Ozzy when it comes to fishing, but from what I remember, he was a pretty good fisherman his previous seasons, though he didn't have very good luck this week. I agree, Carter and Katie especially came across as lazy whiners, there had to be other food sources around.

I'm also hoping Penner, Malcolm, Denise, Skupin, and RC do well
    Moontat likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Boy what bitter people are Artis and Abi Maria. Does Abi even realize that if her tribe ever lost a immunity challenge she would be one of the first to go because of her horrid negative attitude. When the tribes merge this one will eat itself.

I also think Artis and Abi Maria have no chance of winning because they don't have any kind of social game.

I also think Lisa may go far. She may not be the best athlete but she tries and put her heart in it and I slowly but surely she is becoming a valuable member of her tribe. I am liking that both Lisa and Denise are showing and being recognized that as older females they do contribute to the tribe and can be sly as Penner.
    Agreed on both points, Pete probably wants to take Abi and Artis to the end to give himself the best shot at winning. Lisa's been doing very well lately, she really held her own aganist Denise in the reward challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by kev89 View Post
    You mean that woman last season who was hurt in the first challenge? I wouldn't mind that, but I don't think she'd come back, from what I've heard, she was very unhappy with the treatment she was provided and wants nothing more to do with the show. There was that man and woman who barely got to play in Palau...they started out by picking tribes, and the one man and one woman not picked were eliminated right off that bat, I always thought that was an unfair twist. I think it would be interesting if they brought back two players who were voted out early, but put them on their tribes right away and Probst would never say anything, just to see if anyone actually reconized them, and if not, then it would be up to them if they wanted to reveal that information.
    yes- those two. I had forgotten there was a man and a woman. I thought that was a total Survivor bait and switch for them and they should get to at least play.

Ever notice that the ones that complain the most about how hungry they are and lack of food etc are the ones that are always sitting around doing nothing?

Quote Originally Posted by march View Post
    Ever notice that the ones that complain the most about how hungry they are and lack of food etc are the ones that are always sitting around doing nothing?
    Like clockwork. I am always amazed that people could watch the show and then go out there and start bossing people around or laying around camp. Find a happy medium. Penner, Malcolm, Denise, even Jeff Kent are people I would want to surround myself with. Lisa seems nice enough but you've got to be more social (even if you have to fake it).

Quote Originally Posted by march View Post
    I know, & it really bugs me .I would be voted off first, because I know I would say something
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

I would be out first because I'm too much of a loner. I don't follow the herd and I don't have people skills. If I was hungry, I would go get something to eat and I wouldn't bother to feed the people bitching back at camp. Now if I had a tribe full of sheep, I might have a chance to survive in a leadership rule. I'm not type of person that when I see something that needs to be done and no one is stepping up to the plate, I'll do it. I'm not afraid to give orders to others if it's too much for me to do all on my own.

+ Reply to Thread