+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree104Likes

Thread: 10/24 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Re: 10/24 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

And just like that, the Girl Power alliance torch is snuffed.

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    Really! I'm not impressed with the survival skills by either tribes. If you're hungry, instead of sitting around carping about it, go foraging for food in the woods. There are plants they can pick and animals they can catch. They can also go fishing. If I was Jonathan, I wouldn't have even bothered to bring back those little minnows. I would have stayed out until I caught at least one decent-sized fish. And I wouldn't have shared my catch with all of the complainers sitting on their asses back at camp. They would need to be participating in the hunt to enjoy the spoils.

I don't understand how Jonathan's tribe could be so hungry after coming back from reward. It looked like there was plenty of food at that spread to keep them stuffed at least for the day.
    I thought the samne thing...they talked about the traded rice as though it was a pantry of food that would sustain them til the end of the show. Wouldnt they each just get a tiny rationed out portion once or twice a day til it ran out? they were going into the next immun challenge after feasting on every food group the day before...as opposed to all the other challenges that they went to after a pinch of rice.

also...every time abi sits out a challenge and Jeff remarks about it...notice how she shrugs las though she's saying..."it wasnt MY choice, I want to compete"...has she even ONCE argued to NOT sit out? lmao

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    Really! I'm not impressed with the survival skills by either tribes. If you're hungry, instead of sitting around carping about it, go foraging for food in the woods. There are plants they can pick and animals they can catch. They can also go fishing. If I was Jonathan, I wouldn't have even bothered to bring back those little minnows. I would have stayed out until I caught at least one decent-sized fish. And I wouldn't have shared my catch with all of the complainers sitting on their asses back at camp. They would need to be participating in the hunt to enjoy the spoils.

I don't understand how Jonathan's tribe could be so hungry after coming back from reward. It looked like there was plenty of food at that spread to keep them stuffed at least for the day.
    Did they eat all the food? I thought they mentioned keeping some for the next day. If I ate like that, and didn't do a damn thing but lay around, I would be full for a week( okay two full days) . Remember when they ate bugs, and icky things from the ground? those were the days of the real survivors. Now they moan and whine, and gripe all the time.. If I was Jonathan, I would have eaten those two tiny fish on my own, and said blank the lot of you.
    Coco46 likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I'm thinking Penner made that deal because he knew a merge was coming. Don't they get a big feast when they merge? If (according to Abi and the gang) there was only enough rice for maybe 2 or 3 days for those 5 people, what happens when they merge? Are they given more rice? I'm not sure it's ever been mentioned.

I was sweating for Penner last night, I felt for sure he was going, even though they really did need to keep him around for the challenges. I was yelling at my TV for him to play the idol just in case and when he didn't, I thought he was a goner. He must've had some sort of inside scoop that he was sure he was staying...or he has some brass ones. I did appreciate him telling Jeff that if he was the one blindsided, he wouldn't take it personally, and good for the rest of them for getting him out. After that forshadowing i felt for sure he was gone. So glad he's still there.

I'm generally not a fan of returning players (love me some Penner, though!), but if they have to have veterens come back I would like to see Survivor: First Boot Island- all players that were given the heave ho at the very first tribal council. It would barely be like they were veterens since they were only there 3 days and never really played the game. They can also add in that person that was once eliminated before they even played ANY Survivor (I think it was a woman)- that was just not right.

Production sure was egging Penner on to playing that idol or to making the others think he would. I was kind of hoping they would just to be smart for a change.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I thought Penner was going to go before Katie - He didn't and I do like him, but catching the fish, really Penner?.You are no Ozzy my friend

Good survivor tonight. The teams were evenly matched in the challenge, I have a feeling they were in the muddy deadlock for a long long time . If they didn't like the rice and sandwich deal , speak up already!

Carter does nothing, "I wish we had food" or "I am so hungry" - did he even try and fish. Damn these idiots on this show. Look at Denise and Lisa working for it!! Abi, I would like her off my screen. I hope she goes soon

Looks like a merge coming next week
    MMM Ozzie

I wasn't impressed by his "fishing skills" but no one else seemed to be trying. I guess they figured he promised to provide for them. Overloading on all that food the day before probably made them even hungrier.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
    Production staff are supposed to practice all the challenges. They must have known it would be deadlocked.
    Probably due to the same thing that happened when they had the "eat the pig" challenge. Production practices all the games and they try to foresee anything that can possibly hurt the contestants BUT they don't always foresee just how determined the contestants can actually be. People not playing for a million dollar won't gnaw at a pig so hard that they break teeth. People not playing for a million dollars won't sit on the heads of the other "contestants", or put their hands up the pants, etc. Even if there was a deadlock, eventually something would give and things would eventually move, but probably with people getting overly tired and very sore. Why waste the energy and possibility of getting hurt on a reward challenge, when it is the immunity challenges that matter more.

Quote Originally Posted by marauder View Post
    Probably due to the same thing that happened when they had the "eat the pig" challenge. Production practices all the games and they try to foresee anything that can possibly hurt the contestants BUT they don't always foresee just how determined the contestants can actually be.
    This is a new challenge, isn't it? It just struck me curious that they might try to design a challenge that could deadlock to see what the contestants would do about it.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCJUDE View Post

also...every time abi sits out a challenge and Jeff remarks about it...notice how she shrugs las though she's saying..."it wasnt MY choice, I want to compete"...has she even ONCE argued to NOT sit out? lmao
    That's exactly what I thought, as well. She doesn't look like she's arguing to compete, and then blames others for not competing. She's one of those people who never takes any blame, it's always someone or something else that is at fault. Her whining about the rice after the fact was really irritating. She doesn't speak up so she can moan and complain and b*tch about it afterwards. It would be exhausting being around her 24/7.

I wonder why nobody is searching for mussels or clams...didn't they do that previously, or am I remembering another season? They have coconuts, and possibly there might be other sources of fruit or food in the area. I remember way back when I tribe earned a visit from a local who showed them what could be eaten and how to prepare it. That would be a huge advantage. I agree, Penner is no Ozzy when it comes to fishing, but we didn't see anyone else offering to take a turn. They need to conserve energy, but if everyone tried to find some food periodically throughout the day they surely could come up with something.

The mud challenge looked completely exhausting. When they were all standing discussing the deal, and Pete and Carter broke apart from their deadlock, I was yelling for one of them to just make a run for it at the ball and try to take the others by surprise. I can't imagine being held down in the cold mud for an hour. Yuck.

So happy to see Penner, Malcolm, Denise, Skupin and RC still in it. I like RC/Skupin, and I hope they don't get taken out by the wackos on their tribe. RCs plan of letting Abi dig her own grave with her outbursts is a good one. Hopefully it will work and she'll be blindsided. That would be lovely. I can hear the language now as she takes the walk of shame out of the tc area!

Malcolm needs to stick around as long as possible so I can watch him. He's so lovely. I have a feeling, though, that all cleaned up he won't be as attractive.
    jucamer and Midol like this.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    He's so lovely. I have a feeling, though, that all cleaned up he won't be as attractive.
    Yeah, I'm frequently disappointed by their attempts to gussy at the reunion show. ;^) Although so much of Malcolm's charm is his smile and terrific attitude. That should still shine through.
    jucamer likes this.

+ Reply to Thread