+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: 10/17 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 10/17 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Maybe there was more on Dawson that didn't get to see. They edit the heck out of these shows, choosing only what they want us to see/ think Could be she was really annoying.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

With 18 contestants I think they assume there will either be double eliminations or someone will quit or be pulled by medical. It may be one of the reasons they're starting with 18.

So, they went with the predictable route of just putting Malcolm and Denise on the other two tribes. I would have preferred mixing the tribes up, and maybe even making Malcolm and Denise captains who got to pick their new tribes, oh well. Looks like they both fit in pretty well on their new tribes, especially Malcolm. Pete's playing a real dangerous game, not so sure what his angle is. If he thinks he can control Malcolm the way he controls Abi, I think he's in for a rude awakening.

It's always sad to see a player have to leave the game due to medical reasons, poor Dana I liked Dawson as well, would have rather seen Katie go, who seems rather useless. Oh well, at least Denise is still there. Also enjoyed seeing the more senistive side to Penner. On another note, I found it funny when Probst called Abi out for sitting out almost every challenge, wasn't she too tired to look for the idol with RC as well, I guess doing nothing really exhausts her. Anyway, I hope Probst starts giving Penner a hard time in a challenge this season, I found the banter between the two during challenges Penner's previous seasons amusing.
    Midol likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    I was surprised they still held a TC. I admit to taking a few years off in the middle of this series (I have actually never seen Russell Hantz play this game), but I seem to remember in the past when contestants were removed/pulled out of the game, that there then wasn't a TC?
    First of all, don't worry, you didn't miss much by not watching Russell Hantz Second, Survivor's been very inconsistant when it comes to people getting evacuated. Skupin was the first, and no one was voted out in that episode. Then, no one was evacuated (though a few people quit) for ten seasons, until Bruce was evacuated from season 12, and once again, no one was voted out in the episode he was pulled. The next person was Gary from season 14, and in that episode, he was pulled, then someone was later voted out. Since then, Survivor's been very inconsistant, sometimes a person will be pulled, then someone else is voted out...others only the person evacuated leaves the game in one episode. It probably depends on how many episodes CBS wants to air, and it wouldn't surprise me if the decision isn't made until after they're done filming.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Check out Dana's thread for a report on her condition--4 days in the hospital being rehydrated! That's definitely not just an anxiety attack or getting tired of the rain!

I also found it sweet that she put her head in Penner's lap. He's probably close to her dad's age. Good that she didn't take off her wet clothes though I think--not like there were extra dry ones to get into, and it would take a lot of energy to get them off, and as for cuddling with others to get warm...they are all wet also. Was that a tarp they were calling a blanket?

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Check out Dana's thread for a report on her condition--4 days in the hospital being rehydrated! That's definitely not just an anxiety attack or getting tired of the rain!

I also found it sweet that she put her head in Penner's lap. He's probably close to her dad's age. Good that she didn't take off her wet clothes though I think--not like there were extra dry ones to get into, and it would take a lot of energy to get them off, and as for cuddling with others to get warm...they are all wet also. Was that a tarp they were calling a blanket?
    I'm using part of a post I left in Dana's thread since this was brought up in the show discussion and adding a few more thoughts...I really want to understand the approach from the medical staff, the guidelines CBS is using and what really happened out there!

First, if the contestants are sequestered for any amount of time before the game begins then her exposure to viruses and bacteria would have been severely limited. Second, if she was actually displaying symptoms on day one then I can't imagine that TPTB would allow her to participate...all of the medical staff would be aware that she was out of the incubation period (when she [still] would have been contagious (but not as contagious as when the symptoms actually set-in since you literally begin spewing copies of the virus or bacteria everywhere)) and therefore more contagious to the other contestants. Can you imagine trying to produce a show when a majority of the "survivors" are dealing with the common symptoms associated with most infections including massive diarrhea, vomitting, headache, fatigue, runny noses. etc... no one wants to see that on tv and if a "mini pandemic" occurred then there would be a giant problem in terms of lost time/production/and so on. Third, what day did Dana go out of the game? A normal virus will run its course within 2 weeks. Obviously, there are some considerations for Survivor that aren't present in normal recovery--the fact that her body was denied essential comforts, food and rest as the primary culprits--but 2 weeks is a long time for a human to battle something under these conditions. And the big question mark is that she seemed to be getting worse 10 days in rather than showing any improvement--that's not a good sign. When you see (or have) someone with the flu they seem like they are on the verge of death and thats how many viruses make folks feel...I just have a hard time understanding how any person could stand two weeks of that punishment. Of course, if it was a bacteria then there is a good chance the symptoms/onset would have been extremely dramatic/quick and she would need antibiotic treatment; more importantly, when you are suffering from a bacterial infection that absolutely requires an antibiotic it can manifest into some other serious problems if left untreated (scarlet fever for example) and the medical staff didn't seem overly alarmed. Finally, if she was suffering from a virus or bacteria then there is a very strong chance that someone else from her tribe would get sick...they aren't exactly out there washing their hands and monitoring shared utensils, sleeping spaces, etc... All in all, this just doesn't add up.....

Update--there is an interview up on another site where Dana says she was sick before starting and continuously ill throughout filming (like dangerously ill). I really liked Dana and I feel like she is being genuine but this just doesn't make any sense to me. If she was that bad off for that long I don't understand how production or the medical staff could allow her to endanger herself or others, and its not like they don't have camera crews out there capturing and relating back every single thing that is happening in the game...again, it just doesn't add up.

Pete said he had the Hidden Immunity Idol I thought Abi found it which means it is hers??????
    spockwhat likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Spoose View Post
    Does anyone else think that the reward was in any way a nod to Angie and her cookies comment? Malcolm sure seemed to enjoy his chocolate chip cookie!
    Ha! Ha! That is hysterical!! Someone has a really great sense of humor. Love, Love, Love IT!

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    4 days in the hospital being rehydrated! That's definitely not just an anxiety attack or getting tired of the rain!
    All that rain, exactly! How can any of them be dehydrated???

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kev89
    So, they went with the predictable route of just putting Malcolm and Denise on the other two tribes. I would have preferred mixing the tribes up, and maybe even making Malcolm and Denise captains who got to pick their new tribes, oh well.
    I'm fairly happy with how things went down. As much as I like Malcolm and Denise, they were a part of a losing tribe, and in no way were deserving of any special favours (making them captains) after their tribe was decimated.

mindy384 thanks so much for sharing the information. I had assumed that Dana had picked up a bacterial infection while being on the island, (certainly could cause vomiting and fever), and did not have something before the show even started! Is there any information as to whether they had determined if it was contagious or not? You're right that it wouldn't make sense for them to put someone on the show with a contagious illness.

+ Reply to Thread