+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: 10/17 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 10/17 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

I hated this episode. I wanted to see if Matsing could win at least one challenge on their own before being moved around and then Dawson being evicted, when it was all Katie's fault? Leaves a bad taste in my mouth. She should have gone straight to him with blackmail about knowing his real identity.
    Last edited by Endit; 10-18-2012 at 02:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Endit View Post
    She should have gone straight to him with blackmail about knowing his real identity.
    I'd like to see a lot more blindside outings as folks are voted off. I used to think there must be a rule against it but apparently not.

FORT Fan

Remember they haven't had to vote anybody out before. There may be reasons unrelated to the challenge for voting out Dawson.

I don't know why they could not decide between Katie and Dawson when Katie totally sucked the last challenge. She should have gone home and I guess very little that the guys know that Katie is the more devious one. They probably didn't show it but I think Katie made a deal with the boys that as long as it's not her, she will vote with them because I think she wrote down Dawson's name.

Dawson wasn't strategizing. She lost sight of the fact that knowing who Jeff is would have given her room to manipulate the tribe's decision on who to vote out. Instead he played with Jeff's mind and that setup a red flag so in Jeff's paranoia, he suggested to vote Dawson off instead. The girls didn't even talk to Denise (maybe Katie did and that's how she found out how the boys were voting). If Dawson set the others aside and told them who Jeff is, then it could've at least planted a seed in their minds whether she gets booted off or not. It was the time to create a commotion because she was not in a good position. She was depending on the fact that Katie performed so poorly in the challenge that she thought the vote will be between Katie and Denise.

She assumed she was never in danger. However she made a Survivor first by touching Jeff Probst (even gave him a peck on the cheek) at TC and yea that was creepy.
    Last edited by jammyjoe; 10-18-2012 at 03:50 PM.
    Moontat likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Endit View Post
    She should have gone straight to him with blackmail about knowing his real identity.
    It was bad enough that she was playing mind games with Jeff Kent and it's the main reason why she was booted off. Jeff Kent got paranoid and made the call to vote her off instead of Katie. So if Dawson tried to blackmail him, then the more that Jeff would want to blindside her.

As for the puzzle, I don't see why Jonathan said that she didn't perform well when they almost won the challenge losing only by a second or two. I thought she did great.

Does anyone else think that the reward was in any way a nod to Angie and her cookies comment? Malcolm sure seemed to enjoy his chocolate chip cookie!
    rfromp likes this.
    Don't let the small things sweat

I was surprised they still held a TC. I admit to taking a few years off in the middle of this series (I have actually never seen Russell Hantz play this game), but I seem to remember in the past when contestants were removed/pulled out of the game, that there then wasn't a TC?

I was stunned that Dawson did not reveal Jeff's identify, first before the tribal council to gain an advantage, and if not then, on her way out to set him up for elimination. I also find it hard to believe that she is the only one who has recognized him and that Mike is the only one that has recognized Lisa. I recall when several contestants recognized Gary Hogenboom and he was less well known and longer out of the limelight than either Jeff or Lisa.
    Midol likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Maybe she was afraid that if she "outed" him, he wouldn't buy her a motorcycle with a sidecar. LOL.
    Florimel and shyra like this.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe
    As for the puzzle, I don't see why Jonathan said that she didn't perform well when they almost won the challenge losing only by a second or two. I thought she did great.
    This is not only in regards to your comment but a number of others about the subject of voting off Dawson. When the guys were talking about whom to vote out, they also mentioned that Dawson was pretty useless around camp. I believe they also felt that Katie had done well at previous challenges. I think Dawson playing cat and mouse with Jeff, combined with the other factors... that was enough for them to kick her to the curb.

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom
    I was surprised they still held a TC. I admit to taking a few years off in the middle of this series (I have actually never seen Russell Hantz play this game), but I seem to remember in the past when contestants were removed/pulled out of the game, that there then wasn't a TC?
    I was wondering if they would have a TC as well. However, sometimes it has happened that they skip the TC and sometimes not. I guess it depends how the schedule compares to the amount of people they have.

+ Reply to Thread