+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree93Likes

Thread: 10/10 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 10/10 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Russell was never long for this game he has absolutely no social game. Did you see everyone look at him after the challenge? You could see they all thought they were looking at a crazy, deranged man. Glad he is not on our tribe. Hope they vote him off soon and wait a minute I would love to go to the finale with him because no one will vote for him.

Abi, would never want her for a friend or relative.

Pete, you are one slime ball.
    spockwhat, Dukie and jucamer like this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by holly71 View Post
    When Stephanie & Bobby John were the last two left on their tribe & went to TC, she beat him. I can't remember if it was starting fire or something else, but she did beat him & was the lone member left from her tribe.
    Yes, and in that season, there were only two tribes, right? Total decimation.

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe
    I think there will be a twist. Denise and Malcolm will be split up. Malcolm going to one tribe and Denise going to the other.
    I think that would be harsh treatment for these two, unless the tribes are both split down the middle. It could be advantageous for whomever ended up on the red tribe, since that tribe IS split 3/3.

I have a question. I thought you can't sit out people two challenges in a row. So i'm confused why the other tribes sat out the girls. Surely at least one girl on each tribe sat out the last challenge.
    I believe that is for back to back reward and immunity challenges. Not for immunity to immunity challenge.

I felt for Russell a bit, he clearly had a lot of passion and wanted to be there. He put himself in that situation though, and I can't say I'd rather see Denise or Malcolm go. It will be interesting to see what they do next week with Malcolm and Denise, I like the idea of making Malcolm and Denise captains to select 2 new tribes. It would be interesting if they just kept going, they lost immunity, and made Malcolm and Denise do a firemaking challenge, though that would be a pretty sucky end to their alliance.

I feel for RC, I don't know what I'd do in that situation. I do find Abi's situation somewhat amusing, she's so paranoid about RC, yet she seems to trust the guy who's playing her 100%. Pete's turning out to be a real devious player, I must admit I'm surprised. I'm not so sure he made the right move though, yes it convinced Abi to abandon her alliance with RC for good, but now RC will probably be scrambling. I do think Lisa's been playing smart, just staying out of it is probably the best thing to do, she's probably in a safer position now than last week.

Finally we got to see more of the Kabalaw tribe, who knew there was a guy named Carter there? Looks like there's a battle of the sexes going on, darn, I would have liked to have seen an alliance of Penner and Dawson. Oh well, maybe Dawson will reveal the truth about Jeff to her girl alliance, that would shake things up.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I wasn't sure all the women were on board with a female alliance. Yes, they realized the guys were teaming up against them, but I'm betting that the straight women were thinking they could hook onto one of the guys in the male alliance. They just didn't seem enthusiastic about the all female alliance.

Another lesson from Survivor:

"Just because a guy has big muscles, that doesn't mean he knows how to use them!"
    march, sclilred1, jucamer and 1 others like this.
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

Dang...the woman alliance talk - I like Dana and kinda understood the direction she went, given the guys' behavior. I agree with previous poster on them being all too happy to sit out the challenge, although I wonder if that was just a decision they let the men make for much of the reasoning she gave in that talk. Definitely think that the "can't sit out two challenges in a row" rule was broken with that and they should have stuck with it. At the very least, make each of the tribes keep one woman. Felt so bad for Malcolm and Denise, and embarrassed for them during Russell's rant but relieved he is gone. I hope they can figure a way to keep going awhile. Denise is a rock star and Malcolm is much more of a thinker than I thought he would be.

As for Russell, his crying out to God and his ranting...I wish someone had told him, "Welcome to the Book of Job," goodbye.

The RC/Abi/Pete thing? Brilliant on Pete's part, really much better than anything I recall Russell H. doing. But for two seemingly intelligent women, can't believe they didn't seem to think about anyone else possibly being involved, especially Abi, since she KNOWS someone else knew. Hoping for an RC slap down of Abi before this is through.

Not sure about a merge...I hope there will be but I could see them letting one tribe die out. Or maybe let the lone survivor try to make it in another tribe. It would be like they were Redemption Island the whole time! But really, I hope they do not do 3 tribes ever again. Too few people and hard to get to know all the players.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe View Post
    I have a question. I thought you can't sit out people two challenges in a row. So i'm confused why the other tribes sat out the girls. Surely at least one girl on each tribe sat out the last challenge.
    From what I understand, it resets after each Tribal Council. If they were doing seperate reward/immunity challenges, they couldn't just sit out all the girls every time, but since there's only one challenge a week (because they have three tribes to film and air) it's not an issure.

I think they'll probably do something to shake up the tribes next week, since they started with three and especially if someone gets removed from the game. I wonder if they'd just send Malcolm to one and Denise to the other, or if they'd draw buffs for completely new tribes.

Quote Originally Posted by pretlitdev View Post
    From what I understand, it resets after each Tribal Council. If they were doing seperate reward/immunity challenges, they couldn't just sit out all the girls every time, but since there's only one challenge a week (because they have three tribes to film and air) it's not an issure.

I think they'll probably do something to shake up the tribes next week, since they started with three and especially if someone gets removed from the game. I wonder if they'd just send Malcolm to one and Denise to the other, or if they'd draw buffs for completely new tribes.
    I really couldn't remember anything about the rule resetting, so found this on Wiki: When one tribe has more players than the other tribe, it must designate players to sit out of tribal challenges so that equal numbers compete. No person may sit out twice in a row or, if this is not possible, no person may compete twice in a row. In some challenges requiring the same number of men and women to compete from each tribe, a tribe may be required to sit out a certain gender as well. This rule applies only to challenges between two successive Tribal Councils (i.e., a typical single episode of the show); a player can sit out a challenge immediately preceding a Tribal Council and the challenge immediately following it.

So, I guess technically, they could sit out but this seems to be more from the days when they had two challenges a show (which since we don't have redemption island, why isn't there enough time for a seperate reward challenge?!). It also says something about the gender and in this case, I think they should have made that a condition of sitting out. Granted, Matsing had a decent lead, Denise lost a bit of it but she rocked through that as well as or better than any of the other women could have.

FORT Fogey

It is possible that they could split Denise and Malcome to the other teams, give them immunity next week and then merge.

I would rather see them compete and win next week.

Someone is taken out of the game next week, or so it appears. That could change the plan, as well.

I liked Jeff Probst's analysis of Russell in his EW interview. Russell promised took a lot on himself but was never able to deliver. I did like that Jeff said the reason Russell passed out during his first season of Survivor is that he didn't drink any water back at camp because he wanted the tribe to be well hydrated. Jeff said that while trying to look like a hero Russell was actually more of a martyr.

For me it was his squeaky voice that drove me nuts.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread