+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree132Likes

Thread: 10/3 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 10/3 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

It also takes a lot more fuel/energy/food to sustain those muscles and since they are eating very little, it would be more obvious to someone very muscular that you just don't have the strength that you used to. Your body just can't compensate for that kind of a drastic swing in nutrition and it reacts accordingly by making you a very weak person that still looks like a very strong person.
    Midol likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    Men like to just bulk up their muscles, rather than concentrate on endurance a lot of times. I see it all the time at my gym.
    Penner said he did that- because he lost muscle mass so fast last time he was on. I wonder if Russell did the same thing, and isn't used to all that weight.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by buttahfly View Post
    is that the other black guy? i saw him last night and was like where the heck did he come from?
    I think that is Artis - Peter is the cute guy with the yellow board shorts or whatever. He called Abi his "righthand man," though, didn't he? That turned me off and that she screwed RC the way she did. Don't care so much for RC either but she sure did some swimming! Was nice to see more of the other teams, though.

Bloody Mike...sigh.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    Well, that's one thing to consider, MsFaninNJ. I bet Abi would make a very interesting and scathing speech to the finalists as a juror. Meowwww!!! Hiss! Hiss!!

Oh my goodness, she would zone in and out and probably start going off on her fellow jurors. LOL She's an entertaining character.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    Getting up a ladder from the water is deceptively hard.

I went snorkling for the first time a few years ago. I'm a pretty good swimmer, too. Learned to swim in pre-school and swam regularly while growing up. The water was too murky the day I went out on the boat so after a short time, I decided to swim back to the boat. I had the worst time trying to pull myself up on the ladder!! It would have helped if there had been a step lower in the water but as it was I had to reach up just to grap the sides of the ladder and use my upper-body strength to pull myself into the boat. After several failed attempts, I was getting afraid that I wouldn't be able to do it and would have to hold onto the boat and be dragged into shore. I gave it one more shot and managed to pull the upper half of my body into the boat. That was enough for the others in the boat to help me get the rest of the way in.

After my ordeal, I can certainly empathize with Russell about how hard it is. Sure, it's no big deal if you're young, fit, and have good upper body strength. If you're not, it's a challenge.

That's why I didn't even question his difficulty getting up the ladder. I know he gives his all, really wants to win and that he knew if his team did not win, there was a better than good chance that he'd be voted out. One of the first things I learned when taking actual swimming and diving lessons, is how much breathing techniques play a large part... Prior to the lessons, I taught myself how to swim underwater, but, I had no clue about what was proper. I'm presuming that since Russell's a poor swimmer/diver, he used up most of his energy holding his breath while trying to loosen the puzzle piece.
    Last edited by MsFaninNJ; 10-05-2012 at 12:07 AM. Reason: missing line(s)

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I have never understood why anyone would tell another about finding the idol.

Abi could have easily kept that for herself; Peter wasn't anywhere near her. And why set off on a mission to find it with someone else in the first place?

Penner should have joined in with the others suspecting that someone had it. He didn't so it was clear they knew he had it. He set himself up for a blindside. Telling Jeff won't help his game or Jeff but it was the only thing he could do.

I agree with you about the idol. I also don't get the sharing of the clue, the looking like you're searching for a clue/idol, and having discussions so near the other tribemates. As far as I'm concerned, I'm going to the "bathroom" or gathering wood.
    Shoepie likes this.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by tbamom View Post
    you should see me (or maybe you shouldn't) trying to haul myself out of a pool without a ladder. Picture old lady extra support swim suit, fat butt in the air, one leg stuck on the wall and the other still in the pool and then a not so graceful roll over.

lol

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet but isn't it refreshing to see more than one or two people with an actual brain playing this time? So far I've identified several players who are actually strategizing and production hasn't even given screen time to half the cast! Off the top of my head there are some serious thinkers really trying to WIN the game including: Denise, baseball man, Malcolm, engineer dude, Penner, RC and the walking disaster. When is the last time we had this many mentally functioning contestants at one time instead of a bunch of silly kids looking for fame and/or crazies just cast for the heck of it?
    So refreshing.
    waywyrd, pikachu and spockwhat like this.

Quote Originally Posted by buttahfly View Post
    is that the other black guy? i saw him last night and was like where the heck did he come from?
    No, he is the one that went looking for the idol with the girl

Rusell was just as useless as Angie during the challenge... it didn't really matter which one went home. I think they were just both spent and exhausted. And this point was not brought up about Russell but it stood out to me: you can have muscles and be "built like an ox", but it's also another thing to be able to use them. Muscles take more energy to maintain, they're not just instantly available once you have them. With the limited diet they have, I can guess it's affecting him.

I wanted Angie to stay, but mostly cause I'm bias against the whole veterans vs newbies concept in general (I liked the coach concept on BB before they reentered the game though). I can't falter them for trying something differnet (bring back less than successful veterans, whereas most bring back good players), but since I haven't watched Survivor for many seasons (I only got 4 episodes into last season then forgot that I was even watching it LOL), I still want to see completely new groups.
    Last edited by Endit; 10-05-2012 at 12:33 AM.
    Shoepie likes this.

+ Reply to Thread