+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 107
Like Tree135Likes

Thread: 9/26 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

  1. #71
    FORT Fogey I'm here's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,230

    Re: 9/26 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    And because its absence will be so obvious, why not just put it back and make sure it's affixed tightly so it won't be discovered by accident by someone else? As much as Penner had to look EVEN KNOWING THE CLUE, what were the chances someone else would think the handle on the rice lid was the HII? Hiding something in plain sight is sometimes the best option.
    I wouldn't take the chance putting it back. I'd rather have it and have other people wondering what happened to it.
    Dukie and mesachick like this.

  2. #72
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    13,531

    Re: 9/26 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    And because its absence will be so obvious, why not just put it back and make sure it's affixed tightly so it won't be discovered by accident by someone else? As much as Penner had to look EVEN KNOWING THE CLUE, what were the chances someone else would think the handle on the rice lid was the HII? Hiding something in plain sight is sometimes the best option.
    He used a lot of force to get it off. Without glue he could never replace it securely. And it is a risk that someone else might have thought of this.

    If they notice it is missing soon they will be able to figure out Penner was left at camp alone when they were in the cave. If many days go by it could be anyone.

  3. #73
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    25,139

    Re: 9/26 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by I'm here View Post
    I wouldn't take the chance putting it back. I'd rather have it and have other people wondering what happened to it.
    Same here - I'm here
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

  4. #74
    Read The Clue Bearcata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Edge of the Beltway
    Posts
    16,332

    Re: 9/26 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

    Hope the rest of the Yellow Team is embarrassed how mean they were to Lisa when she went off to be by herself. Luv'd that she was responsible for them winning the challenge.

    Abi Maria - threatening your two person alliance during day 4 thu 6. Yeap, that is a really smart move. IT MAKES YOU LOOK CRAZY, and no one wants to be in an alliance with crazy.

    I do wonder how long before someone on the Red Team notices the wooden image on top of the rice container is missing? Hope Jonathan hide it somewhere better.

    Blue Team. I was surprised that they kept Angie over Roxy. I was very surprised how harsh both Russell and the sex therapist were towards Roxy when she was praying and that Russell said it showed a lack of character and yet he prays??????? I thought the sex therapist was an intellectual snob as far as poo pooing praying to God. Does it really matter if you believe or not as long as it helps you get through the day? As far as Roxy goes some of her comments and the harshness of them leads me to believe she is a religious snob. Just because she believes she thought that it be easier for her to survive the harshness of Survivor. Roxy also seemed very down on sex or touch for comfort or warmth. Bet she casts the first stone at anyone she singles out to be a sinner. Comes across as very judgmental.

    Just waiting for Mike from Australia to cut off a finger or foot. Think I might start calling him Bloody Mike.
    Last edited by Bearcata; 09-27-2012 at 10:34 PM.
    Endit, rfromp and wannasee like this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

  5. #75
    Read The Clue Bearcata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Edge of the Beltway
    Posts
    16,332

    Re: 9/26 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
    Roxy announces at TC that Angie is a booby trap and it's bothered her from day one. And that Malcolm and Angie snuggling is creepy because she wouldn't do it with her brother.

    And then Roxy calls jeff "josh".
    During the challenge she call Jeff "Jack".
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

  6. #76
    Dark Lord of the Sith maul52's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    BFE
    Posts
    156

    Re: 9/26 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    What happened to little miss track star (Angie)? Last week she was complaining that Russell didn't give her the part in the challenge to run. This week, he asked her to run twice and she said she couldn't. Her thing about wanting cookies was ridiculous, too. She's totally worthless.
    Angie DID go twice, which is more than anyone other than Russell did. There's a big difference between running & pulling a sled in the sand. The sled adds resistance and pulling it requires strength in addition to stamina. Malcolm should have definitely gone twice with Russell.
    Dukie and tabandmike like this.

  7. #77
    FORT Fanatic wannasee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    489

    Re: 9/26 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    I was very surprised how harsh both Russell and the sex therapist were towards Roxy when she was praying and that Russell said it showed a lack of character and yet he prays??????? I thought the sex therapist was an intellectual snob as far as poo pooing praying to God. Does it really matter if you believe or not as long as it helps you get through the day?
    Yeah, that kinda piqued my interest; I know it's editing but for all she said she was accepting (or something like that), she sure made a lot of comments about the praying. Her "speaking in tongues" comment was funny, though.

    I started to like Roxy the first few minutes but it was short-lived; she was too judgmental and totally made herself a target. Like others have said, BoobyTrap came off clueless and not a threat at all.

    So glad Lisa helped the yellow team with the victory. And then even gladder that the red team made it. I'm with Fanny Mare, though, not liking the small teams divided into three.

    So...we have "BoobyTrap" and "Bloody Mike;" I like it!

  8. #78
    FORT Fogey Coco46's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    1,074

    Re: 9/26 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Hope the rest of the Yellow Team is embarrassed how mean they were to Lisa when she went off to be by herself. Luv'd that she was responsible for them winning the challenge.
    Abi Maria - threatening your two person alliance during day 4 thu 6. Yeap, that is a really smart move. IT MAKES YOU LOOK CRAZY, and no one wants to be in an alliance with crazy.

    I do wonder how long before someone on the Red Team notices the wooden image on top of the rice container is missing? Hope Jonathan hide it somewhere better.

    Blue Team. I was surprised that they kept Angie over Roxy. I was very surprised how harsh both Russell and the sex therapist were towards Roxy when she was praying and that Russell said it showed a lack of character and yet he prays??????? I thought the sex therapist was an intellectual snob as far as poo pooing praying to God. Does it really matter if you believe or not as long as it helps you get through the day? As far as Roxy goes some of her comments and the harshness of them leads me to believe she is a religious snob. Just because she believes she thought that it be easier for her to survive the harshness of Survivor. Roxy also seemed very down on sex or touch for comfort or warmth. Bet she casts the first stone at anyone she singles out to be a sinner. Comes across as very judgmental.

    Just waiting for Mike from Australia to cut off a finger or foot. Think I might start calling him Bloody Mike.
    First bold: Unless it was all editing, I noticed that the yellow team, minus Lisa, were all celebrating. Of course, I know she was on the podium at the end of the win. Hopefully she was thanked later on and we didn't see it. Maybe it doesn't go along with the story line since so far she has been portrayed as a loner and not well liked. Hope she goes far.

    Second bold: Religion is an individual preference and whatever gives you peace, so be it. Some believe, some don't. That's the way it is.

    Third bold: Mike, Mike, Mike I expect him to be medivaced any moment. His family must keep all sharp objects away from him at home !!!
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

  9. #79
    Red Sox Nation Brooks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    4,379

    Re: 9/26 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

    I didn't see Denise and Russell deriding Roxy for praying, rather that it didn't seem to give her any inner strength. I did think Roxy's description of her comfort zone was spiritually immature. I wish her well in her spiritual quest but I think she has a long ways to go. At 28 I would have expected more overall maturity. Denise and Russell both have the experience to understand where the strength to get through Survivor's hardships has to come from.
    Arielflies and sparklete like this.

  10. #80
    Read The Clue Bearcata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Edge of the Beltway
    Posts
    16,332

    Re: 9/26 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Coco46 View Post
    First bold: Unless it was all editing, I noticed that the yellow team, minus Lisa, were all celebrating. Of course, I know she was on the podium at the end of the win. Hopefully she was thanked later on and we didn't see it. Maybe it doesn't go along with the story line since so far she has been portrayed as a loner and not well liked. Hope she goes far.

    Second bold: Religion is an individual preference and whatever gives you peace, so be it. Some believe, some don't. That's the way it is.

    Third bold: Mike, Mike, Mike I expect him to be medivaced any moment. His family must keep all sharp objects away from him at home !!!
    I felt it very hypocritical of Russell to watch Roxy pray make a comment to Denise (sex therapist) about it showing a lack of character and then later we see him praying. Editing sure, but still it comes across as her way to pray is weird and mine is not.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.