+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree135Likes

Thread: 9/26 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 9/26 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    What happened to little miss track star (Angie)? Last week she was complaining that Russell didn't give her the part in the challenge to run. This week, he asked her to run twice and she said she couldn't.
    Thanks! I thought I had heard that Angie had a track history so I was very surprised when she refused to run 2 X but too lazy to research it.
    That girl looks and thinks like she's 12, not 20, evidenced clearly with the cookie comment. Maybe she once answered one of her pageant questions with "World Peace can be found when there are enough cookies to go around to Everyone."
    (that was plain ol' mean of me)

I also think that Roxy was right about breaking up a couple but she was a little TOO passionate about it. Think there was a little jealousy there for that and for the jibes about the "booby" trap.
    I did like how Roxy didn't accept any BS but pointed out the truth at TC but that's about it. She was lazy, whinny and not an asset.
    But Cookie Girl needs to go.

I agree with those who think Russell was commenting more about Roxy's not-so-strong spirit, rather than her praying.
    I don't necessarily think Denice was an atheist for her comment. I'm not but I still don't pray for things like "Let me win this game."
    I think God has better things to do.
    Dukie, Moontat, rfromp and 3 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    Thanks! I thought I had heard that Angie had a track history so I was very surprised when she refused to run 2 X but too lazy to research it.
    That girl looks and thinks like she's 12, not 20, evidenced clearly with the cookie comment. Maybe she once answered one of her pageant questions with "World Peace can be found when there are enough cookies to go around to Everyone."
    (that was plain ol' mean of me)
    I also think that Roxy was right about breaking up a couple but she was a little TOO passionate about it. Think there was a little jealousy there for that and for the jibes about the "booby" trap.
    I did like how Roxy didn't accept any BS but pointed out the truth at TC but that's about it. She was lazy, whinny and not an asset.
    But Cookie Girl needs to go.

I agree with those who think Russell was commenting more about Roxy's not-so-strong spirit, rather than her praying.
    I don't necessarily think Denice was an atheist for her comment. I'm not but I still don't pray for things like "Let me win this game."
    I think God has better things to do.

on the first bold!!!!

I also agree with your statement about Denise, her comment and the stupid prayer request to God. Yes, He does have better things to do!
    Last edited by waywyrd; 09-29-2012 at 02:01 PM. Reason: fixed quote tag
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

Quote Originally Posted by maul52 View Post
    Angie DID go twice, which is more than anyone other than Russell did. There's a big difference between running & pulling a sled in the sand. The sled adds resistance and pulling it requires strength in addition to stamina. Malcolm should have definitely gone twice with Russell.
    The way I understood it, one TEAM had to go twice. If that was the case, putting both Russell and Malcolm on the same team in order for the two of them to go twice would not have worked because Roxy and Angie couldn't have pulled the sled by themselves, not even once.

I could be wrong, of course, but that's how I understood it.
    Hyper and Dukie like this.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

Russell's tribe's in trouble, I actually liked Angie and Roxy after the first episode and thought they had the potential to be clever players, not anymore lol. Denise and Malcolm are the only ones on that tribe playing good games so far, and I wouldn't be suprised if no one from that tribe made the merge.

Skupin's tribe I think could be interesting once they're forced to go to tribal council. Lisa's the obvious target now, but I easily see RC and Abi Marie turning on each other. Skupin also seems to be in the best position of all the returning players at this point, assuming he doesn't get medevaced again.

We haven't seen much of Penner's tribe yet, Penner, Jeff Kent, and Dawson are the only players on that tribe I've really noticed. Looks like Penner will really be needing that idol, Jeff appears to have gotten everyone else on board with voting Penner out their first tribal. Penner excels at weaseling his way out of bad situations, I hope he pulls something off again.

I'm guessing we'll see some sort of tribal shuffle into two tribes soon. Russell's tribe is doing so bad, and I don't believe Survivor's gone beyond the first few episodes with 3 or 4 tribes.

I've been wondering if Swan's team is going to continue to self-destruct. And if they keep hemorrhaging members, will that occasion a merge, perhaps earlier than there would have been, if they were losing people from each tribe? It'll be interesting to see how that plays out.

I'm not a fan of the three tribes either, but I do think TPTB had to try SOMETHING to break up the winning but boring strategy of rock solid alliances that stick together beginning to end. Even Redemption Island didn't change that enough. What else can they try? Rearranging the tribes after every challenge? That doesn't seem like a good idea to me.

Yeah, I'm kind of wondering as well, I mean, statistically, they have a better chance of avoiding tribal council by getting first or second in challenges, and they did get rid of two of their weaker players. I'm guessing that if they do keep losing, then maybe they'd just dissolve that tribe and send its remaining members to the other 2.

Yeah, the 3 tribe format's okay with me since they have done it so rarely, but watching this, I can see why they stick with two tribes. The editing is kind of messed up, Russell's tribe has gotten a lot of screen time since they've gone to both tribal councils, and Skupin's tribe has also gotten a decent amount of screen time, but as I mentioned, Penner's tribe hasn't gotten much attention at all. Also they don't do the separate reward challenges with more than 2 tribes, which is also one of the reasons I didn't care for the redemption island seasons. Rearranging the tribes after every challenge is an interesting idea, but it might be too chaotic. I did like the one world idea with both tribes on the same beach, I also had an idea of just having no tribes at all, but I don't know, having 16 or 18 people voting at the first tribal would probably be too much to keep track of.

I was very surprised that "cookies" wasn't voted off. I would have bet the farm that she was a goner. Poor thing looked like she wanted to cry after Jeff's tongue lashing. I didn't see much criticism of Roxy, they must have heavily edited that TC. Glad to see their foreshadowing not being as obvious as in previous seasons.

I realize that the losing tribe gets all the screen time after the challenge, but I'd like to see a little of the winning tribe(s) some time.
    Endit and Dragonlady like this.
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    I just watched a pregame interview with Roxy and she mentioned that there was a cute boy she liked...I'm thinking that was Malcom and hence why she was a little over the top with her dislike of the couple thing. I have no probs with getting rid of couples but it was way too early to be so gung ho.
    It was Pete that she was crushing on.

I am so glad Roxxy is out.

I don't think Angie is using her sexuality to her advantage at all or even trying to make a relationship. If she is, she's fooling me. I simply see her as a young, attractive female who is in over her head and doesn't know the signals she's giving off. Innocent people really do still exist. The thing that made this most apparant was tribal council. Angie didn't know how to really answer the question Jeff proposed to her and was hesistant to speak up at all, when there were plenty of times she coudl have countered Roxxy. I got the impression that she was simply nervous and/or her mind was going blank and she didn't know what she was "supposed" to say. I think she said "cookies" to lighten up the mood, but didn't realize that it could backfire on her. There's always a person or 2 every reality show who thought they could do it but their head will not get into the game.

I am so glad they kept her over Roxxy though. What's more dangerous than a so called relationship is a newbie in an alliance with an ex player (even if said ex player is dopey). If anything, Angie will start less drama, could probably be controlled, and would make a good pawn. I don't want to see that happen but it's a lot safter bet.

The returning guy on the Yellow team drives me insane. He's a ticking time bomb. I am 99% sure he will be removed from the game again. The foot cut, the hand, the head, the face (next episode)... it is only a matter of time until he gets a nasty infection. The yellow team doesnt' have to worry about voting him out, his time will come biologically.
    Last edited by Endit; 10-01-2012 at 06:23 PM.
    Lolli likes this.

+ Reply to Thread