+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree164Likes

Thread: 9/19 Survivor Philippines: Premiere **West Coast Spoilers*

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: 9/19 Survivor Philippines: Premiere **West Coast Spoilers*

I think the women on Zane's team are good runners even if they don't have upper body strength--at least one was complaining that Russell made her do the puzzle when she told him she was on the cross country team in high school or something. So they have Malcolm and Russell for upper body and the two young women for speed, and the sex therapist seems to be all around fit... what do they need obnoxious Zane for? I hope they can make Russell's "leadership" a "family joke" now...with a signal for whenever he starts to be too bossy, like tapping the nose...he's talking and everyone else suddenly taps their nose. Then they all laugh... Because I agree, he'll slip and start doing it again.
    He did make the wrong decision on the luxury prize his season... took nice pillows instead of a tarp as I recall...and said he needed to keep his "ladies" happy. Well, they weren't too happy when the pillows were soggy...
    Skupin was also famous for killing a wild pig his season...only time they've killed a mammal on the show and caused huge uproar from fans. I think he teammates enjoyed eating it though! That was back in the early days, when people thought Survivor was actually about surviving in the wilderness, not a mostly social game.
    I liked RC ok...biased for her mostly because she's local, and we went to the same kind of college. I think she has some street smarts as well as school smarts, but we'll see. Her pal...not so much!

Quote Originally Posted by I'm here View Post
    My thought exactly. But then I thought it would be too obvious once a person removes the top. All the other players would notice. So maybe not?
    I remember reading a preseason interview with Jeff P and he said something about idols being hid in plain sight like on the lids of rice barrels. I'm sure that decoration on the lid is an idol.
    Shoepie likes this.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

That's hillarious! I'd love it if whoever becomes the "cook" on each tribe accidentally discovers it when it comes off in their hand.
    Allie likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by catsrule View Post
    I remember reading a preseason interview with Jeff P and he said something about idols being hid in plain sight like on the lids of rice barrels. I'm sure that decoration on the lid is an idol.
    Thanks, good to know.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    I think the women on Zane's team are good runners even if they don't have upper body strength--at least one was complaining that Russell made her do the puzzle when she told him she was on the cross country team in high school or something. So they have Malcolm and Russell for upper body and the two young women for speed, and the sex therapist seems to be all around fit... what do they need obnoxious Zane for? I hope they can make Russell's "leadership" a "family joke" now...with a signal for whenever he starts to be too bossy, like tapping the nose...he's talking and everyone else suddenly taps their nose. Then they all laugh... Because I agree, he'll slip and start doing it again.
    He did make the wrong decision on the luxury prize his season... took nice pillows instead of a tarp as I recall...and said he needed to keep his "ladies" happy. Well, they weren't too happy when the pillows were soggy...
    Skupin was also famous for killing a wild pig his season...only time they've killed a mammal on the show and caused huge uproar from fans. I think he teammates enjoyed eating it though! That was back in the early days, when people thought Survivor was actually about surviving in the wilderness, not a mostly social game.
    I liked RC ok...biased for her mostly because she's local, and we went to the same kind of college. I think she has some street smarts as well as school smarts, but we'll see. Her pal...not so much!

It would be great if Russell's teammates could signal him when he messes up with being bossy, because goodness knows he's bound to do it again. I really don't think he means any harm, but he needs to cool it. I'd be especially bothered if his decision was based on not liking to do puzzles or not being good at them, because IMO that really wasn't a bonafide puzzle.
    Last edited by Critical; 09-24-2012 at 07:31 PM. Reason: removed colored text tags

FORT Fan

The players on that losing team showed bad habits throughout... Zane with that lazy running and wanting to be pulled, all of the team members for not hightailing it down to the "shore" to retrieve the crate, Roxy with the need to sit down while putting the pieces together and both Roxy and Angie for not holding more than one piece at a time while trying to come from behind to fit the pieces together
    Last edited by Critical; 09-24-2012 at 07:34 PM. Reason: removed colored text tags

PWS
    FORT Fogey

To be fair to Zane...if you are out of shape...a smoker no less...it isn't so much a matter of being lazy as just not having the lung/muscle power. I think he was suggesting pulling as a way to speed up the duo, not because he didn't WANT to make the effort. And I didn't like Zane...but smokers really don't have much lung capacity usually.
    mesachick likes this.

Don't like RC the investment banker on the Yellow Team for the way she is bad mouthing Lisa just to make her a target. How Mean Girl of her.

Initially Zane came across like a psycho in his description of why he has a tattoo of Frankenstein. Later he came across as a potential player and then what happened?

Hope Lisa W can go far.
    Midol likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

i'm pulling for lisa, just bc i loooooooooooooooooooooved the facts of life when i was a kid. jo was my fave, but i'll still go for lisa, lol.

So far the yellow team is my favorite. There is a mixture of female cattiness and alpha male along with two older, and hopefully, wiser heads.

It will take me a few weeks to get all the names and team names straight, and by then they will have gone to merge.

I do remember Zane (LOL) as he was eliminated. Talk about playing too fast and too hard. When he showed off his Frankenstein tattoo, I took another look at him and thought it was very close to a self portrait.

Who will discover the first immunity idol? It truly is hidden in plain sight and not in a tree trunk.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

+ Reply to Thread