+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree164Likes

Thread: 9/19 Survivor Philippines: Premiere **West Coast Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post

Looking forward to many episodes of shirtless Malcolm!

That's pretty much what I took away from the show....

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    Congratulations Mickey and Pete!

Zane's "strategy" wasn't quite as brilliant as he thought....

Like most of the you I found myself disliking Russell. He needs to cool it with the dictating. Penner needs to calm down too. I liked the sex therapist, the cutie, and I can't remember who else was on the show

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    Congratulations Mickey and Pete!

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Re: 9/19 Survivor Philippines: Premiere **West Coast Spoilers*

I'm looking forward to many episodes of shirtless Artis <3. He looks epic either way, though.

Penner got a bit larger.

Good premiere. I really liked Denise and I wasn't sure I would. A few of them are annoying, but none I really hate (yet ).
    Dukie likes this.
    "All right, my turn." -Zach, BB16

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

These shows get really predictable after so many seasons. I knew Zane was a goner within the first half hour of the show with him talking about his alliances with everyone. Change up some of the editing Burnett!!

I like Lisa and hope she stays awhile, but she may not be as ruthless as Dan from BB. While she was on The Talk today she mentioned that she trained with a Navy Seal and a psychologist to help her cope with the "game." Also, she bought a Tshirt off EBay saying 20__ triathlon winner. She wore it in front of other cast members. Smart woman.

Why is Skupin so clumsy? My goodness, he's going to lose a limb or something. Keep him away from all sharp objects. Mind you, I saw a couple others who were using that very large knife in a dangerous fashion especially when chopping up the fruit. Someone is going to lose a hand if they continue the same way.

The snake sequences aren't bothering me as much as other people, but I don't want to keep seeing that scene with Skupin and the fire. I don't need to see his burnt skin hanging off of him, saw enough of that when I was child. *shudder*
    Midol and Jaceegirl like this.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Interesting bit of trivia: I just noticed that Zane's the first male first boot since Fairplay in Micronesia (16).

I was surprised when Skupin came up to Lisa and told her he knew who she was (and he didn't blab it all over the tribe) that she didn't see an ally in him. Maybe she doesn't realize everyone else has already started playing the game. I think Skupin has a perfect strategy- let the tribe dictate the pace of the game. If they are hitting it hard then he will do the same, if they seem to be playing it low key, then so will he. I think its a good stance to take when you are the returnee and you know you must have a target on your back from Day One. Once you make inroads, make yourself useful, and make some alliances then you can start playing your own game. Good plan.

FORT Regular

"Hey, young guy, she's COOL!!"

Oh, I don't think Lisa's so "COOL". She's a homophobic bigot that thinks gay people need to be "repaired" with therapy. And she's gone on nationial TV advocating putting hot sauce in the mouths of children as punishment. All of that disappoints me because I loved her when I was a kid. Who knew at the time what a nut bag she was. From the previews of next week, I'm glad to see her breaking down...and hoping she's gone soon.
    Last edited by brycola; 09-20-2012 at 09:08 AM.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StarryElf View Post
    What the heck happened to Russell? He wasn't such a jerk the first time he was on. I was hoping Lisa's team would have won, I didn't think I would like her in this, but I am, so far. I hope she gets to stay a while.
    I was wondering the same thing! I was going to choose him as my returnee in the pool but after seeing the way he acted on the premiere, I changed my mind. This isn't the Russell I liked so much before. He kept saying he didn't want to be the leader, but then he went around barking orders. Ego trip much? I don't see him lasting too much longer this season. If Zane hadn't thrown himself under the bus, Russell would have been gone.

Speaking of which...what kind of fool move was that offering yourself up to go home in hopes that it would make people take pity on you and choose to save you? Has zany Zane ever watched a season of Survivor before?? What in the name of Probst made him think that ridiculous strategy would work?? You don't ever offer yourself up as a sacrifice because the tribal gods will take you up on it in a heartbeat. He deserved to go home for thinking like that.

I was so impressed with Skupin. I like his strategy of going with the game. If he doesn't remove himself from the competition due to injury again, I think he'll go far! He and Alana from Face Off are soulmates. I would suggest they get together for a date but I have a feeling it would end with one or both of them in the emergency room.
    Last edited by pikachu; 09-20-2012 at 09:30 AM.
    Current Pools: Face Off 7, Project Runway 13
    New Pools: DWTS 19, Registration deadline: September 22nd, Survivor 29, Registration deadline: October 1st,
    Amazing Race 25, Registration deadline: October 3rd

I think Zane was a bit delusional. He really thought he was a mastermind of the game, but appeared to have absolutely no clue what he was doing. He makes alliances on the first day with EVERYONE in his tribe, then proceeds to tell people that this is what he's done. He throws himself under the bus as part of a plan to make sure everyone keeps him, even though he just told them exactly why they should vote him out. Malcolm tells him "hey, I'll vote you out if that's what you want" and Zane apparently heard Malcolm "begging" him to stay. None of his gameplay made any sense, including his onion speech at TC.

As for Lisa. I don't like what I'm hearing about her viewpoints outside of the show. Definitely NOT the way I see things, in any way. But judging just from the preview last night I didn't mind her. But again, she doesn't seem to have a clue about gameplay. She had the perfect opportunity to strike up an alliance with Skupin and possibly bring in the other older guy (who we barely heard talk), but there was nothing attempted on her part. The other, younger tribemates are playing hard and fast, and she will definitely be left behind. I do think she's right when she said if they knew she was a child star it would hurt her game. They have no idea who she was, probably never saw an episode of the show, and would think she's rich and doesn't need the money.

Looks like next week she's in trouble anyway, unless it's a big fake-out by the editors. The older woman on the outs with her tribe doesn't usually last long.

+ Reply to Thread