+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By pikachu

Thread: Survivor Phillipines Preview airs tonight (9-10-12)

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Survivor Phillipines Preview airs tonight (9-10-12)

I was looking at the tv listings for tonight and, at least in my area, there's a Survivor Phillipines Preview on TV Guide Network at 9:00 pm.

There's also a new episode of Hoarders listed to be on at 9:00 so I'm not sure which I'll watch. I might have to record one and watch the other.

Haha, I just had an idea! Maybe one season of Survivor should be all hoarders. Take them away from their trashy houses to live on an island for a few weeks and see if they can rid them of the need to hoard. Even if it doesn't work, it might be entertaining to watch them start accumulating a hoard on the island. lololol!

Re: Survivor Phillipines Preview airs tonight (9-10-12)

Love it when Survivor moves to the top of the FORT board!!!!!!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Ditto---seeing those ads gives me the urge to type! And BB is on trivia for the next day, so nothing interesting to read there.

Pikachu--I like the hoarders idea! Not for real, but as a concept. Anything interesting on the preview? I didn't see this, or it.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Not anything real thrilling on the preview. We got to meet some of the contestants this season. We heard the three returnees' back-stories. Jeff told us a bit about how the set is prepared for tribal council, how things are brought to the island for the show, how challenges are put together. It was worth watching anyway because it got me excited for the start of the new season. That was what kicked into my mind that I should do a Survivor pool.

I might also do an Amazing Race pool when it starts, if people at this forum are interested in playing. Most of the work of a pool is setting up the point system, preparing a scoresheet, and getting players registered for the pool. After that, it's pretty smooth sailing. You watch the show, jot a few notes, plug scores into the scoresheet, and post the results.

What I've always wondered about these preview shows is whether Jeff films them before or after the actual show is done. He talks about how well he expects the various contestants to do. If the preview is filmed first, then he is speculating based on his knowledge of the show, but if it is filmed after, then he knows the outcome and is either giving the viewers real information or trying to trick them. I hope it is the former. Does anyone know?
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Florimel,

I would venture to say that Jeff films his part on these shows long before the outcome is decided.

I always like to watch them & see some of the behind the scenes stuff. Lot's of logistics & things have to happen to get the show together.

I think they invite a lot of press in as they are building the set and the first challenge, then the press get to play the first challenge. It is just before the contestants arrive on the island.

+ Reply to Thread