+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Russell - Philippines (returnee)

Re: Russell - Philippines (returnee)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeGH View Post
    I never made an actual pick for this season, but had I done that I believe I would have taken Swan. What I remembered from Samoa wasn't what he was doing in the premiere. That could just be me not having watched that season since it was on. It's cool to lead, but you can lead without being overbearing. When he kept shushing people before the challenge telling them to calm down I wanted to shake him. You know who never comes off as calm? The jittery guy who doesn't want you to talk who keeps insisting you CALM DOWN RIGHT NOW.
    I was hoping he would go. Zane intrigued me a little. I hope for his sake that Russell snaps out of this. But he seems to be this guy in his real life so I wonder if he can hand over control or not.
    Wasn't impressed with him the first time and he does not have good leadership skills. I think he overestimates himself. That and his whinny voice bothers me.
    Hyper likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Kocky_Kamikaze View Post
    His problem is that he doesn't listen and he doesn't respect his team mates to the point he probably doesn't know anything about them. He probably only knows their first names and could care less about finding what talents they have. A good example is that he hardily insisted that Roxy and the blonde (can't remember her name) do puzzles when they both said that they're horrible at puzzles. Come to find out that those two ladies are probably the best runners! For whatever reason he assumed that Zane (a former smoker) would be a better runner than the ladies! His ego (and probably latent sexism) made his under/overestimate them. Lordy!
    I was surprised that none of this was brought up in camp as far as what skill sets a person has so they could put the best person in the best spot during a challenge. That reminds me that Lisa W had no help from her partner during the puzzle making challenge.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I liked him on Samoa, but yeah, he's way too much of a dictator this time. Granted he was kind of dealt a bad hand, with Zane, Angie, and Roxy making up half the tribe, but his decision making is still part of why his tribe can't seem to win a challenge.

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

Ok, I'm thinking that I want to cut the guy some slack. With the personalities on his tribe, I think it's hard for him to repress his innate desire to lead. Plus, he's the returning contestant, so he knows more about the game than the rest of his tribe. Roxy said that she automatically fell into "obey your superior" mode with him and I think that may have been a tipping point. If the rest of my tribe wass just muttering and futzing around when they needed to be making decisions on who would do what in a challenge, I think that I might step up and get a bit bossy also.

Who here has ever served on a new committee or ever tried to get a group of strangers to make a decision? It isn't easy.

Of course, he COULD just be a jerk!
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Quote Originally Posted by RBmumsie View Post
    Ok, I'm thinking that I want to cut the guy some slack. With the personalities on his tribe, I think it's hard for him to repress his innate desire to lead. Plus, he's the returning contestant, so he knows more about the game than the rest of his tribe. Roxy said that she automatically fell into "obey your superior" mode with him and I think that may have been a tipping point. If the rest of my tribe wass just muttering and futzing around when they needed to be making decisions on who would do what in a challenge, I think that I might step up and get a bit bossy also.

Who here has ever served on a new committee or ever tried to get a group of strangers to make a decision? It isn't easy.

That is a good point, he has been dealt a bad hand, Zane, Roxy, and Angie made up half the original tribe, perhaps the fact that no one stepped up, and nothing was getting done compelled him to step up. And to be fair, I did think he was a good leader in Samoa. His tribe did dominate the challenges, though of course the whole tribe deserves credit for that. He also seemed well liked by his entire tribe, even Shambo liked him if my memory is right. Who knows, maybe if he stayed in the game, his tribe would have picked off Russell Hantz and the other tribe easily, we'll never know.

He does need to be careful though, getting himself exhausted was part of what led him to collapse in Samoa, and his leadership could have gotten himself voted out first had Zane not thrown himself under the bus.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Wasn't impressed with him the first time and he does not have good leadership skills. I think he overestimates himself. That and his whinny voice bothers me.
    Agreed. I think that last time he ended up being edited as the "Good" Russell vs the "Bad" Russell. I never liked him, but thought I would give him a chance this time around... didn't take me long to realize I still don't like him.

Quote Originally Posted by RBmumsie View Post

I think its a bit of both.I wouldn't do well in this tribe, they couldn't organize a p*** up in a brewery
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123