+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Russell - Philippines (returnee)

Re: Russell - Philippines (returnee)

Why does he look so much different to me now? I don't remember him being that buff during his first go round. I do remember all that fainting though and it was pretty scary to watch.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

I never cared for this guy much. I never liked him, but I didnt dislike him either.

that being said... I do have to add.... this is the first season of ANY of my favorite reality shows that I'm actually not disgusted by cast reveal. I am tired of rehasing old contestants, but the evacuees I can get behind. We (fans) have been screaming for "second chance" for quite a while (whether it be first out on BB, or these evacuees. Skupien's name has been tossed around for years). Glad to know someone actually does listen.
    scoot13 and Lolli like this.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

For Penner though this would be third chance. I want an actual "Second Chances" season where all the contestants are people that either got medevaced or screwed by some twist or were memorable early boots.
    scoot13 likes this.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Uh, oh. Apparently Russell's evil twin came to play this season. He isn't as likeable as he was his first season on Survivor. I kind of wish he hadn't come back so that I could remember him as he was. Oh, well. I'd still rather have him out here than Colton.

I never made an actual pick for this season, but had I done that I believe I would have taken Swan. What I remembered from Samoa wasn't what he was doing in the premiere. That could just be me not having watched that season since it was on. It's cool to lead, but you can lead without being overbearing. When he kept shushing people before the challenge telling them to calm down I wanted to shake him. You know who never comes off as calm? The jittery guy who doesn't want you to talk who keeps insisting you CALM DOWN RIGHT NOW.

I was hoping he would go. Zane intrigued me a little. I hope for his sake that Russell snaps out of this. But he seems to be this guy in his real life so I wonder if he can hand over control or not.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    Why does he look so much different to me now? I don't remember him being that buff during his first go round. I do remember all that fainting though and it was pretty scary to watch.
    I agree, he seems buffer...maybe he had some warning he'd be back and worked out a lot.

His problem is that he doesn't listen and he doesn't respect his team mates to the point he probably doesn't know anything about them. He probably only knows their first names and could care less about finding what talents they have. A good example is that he hardily insisted that Roxy and the blonde (can't remember her name) do puzzles when they both said that they're horrible at puzzles. Come to find out that those two ladies are probably the best runners! For whatever reason he assumed that Zane (a former smoker) would be a better runner than the ladies! His ego (and probably latent sexism) made his under/overestimate them. Lordy!
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

I didn't like Russell the last time he was on Survivor, altho felt very scared watching him pass out that time...looked far too close to dying for me.
    One of the problems then that he continues to have is his take on "Leader".....he expressed the same sentiments back then.
    He says he doesn't want to be leader....over and over and over....then he acts like a Leader and demands total attention when pontificating.
    Good way to get voted off the island.
    Hyper likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    I agree, he seems buffer...maybe he had some warning he'd be back and worked out a lot.
    The three retuning realised how quickly you lose weight( muscle mass) so all three at more and worked out.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I felt bad when he passed out & had to be taken out of the game...don't like to see that happen to anyone whether I like them or not...so was glad they brought him back...but so far not impressed with the way he is playing & doubt he will make it very far at all this time either
    scoot13 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast