+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Michael - Philippines (returnee)

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Michael - Philippines (returnee)

Name (Age): Michael Skupin (50)

Previous Season: “Survivor: The Australian Outback

Previous Finish: Medical Evacuation due to severe burns received after passing out into a fire from smoke inhalation. After inhaling a thick cloud of smoke, I passed out and fell forward into the fire suffering severe burns all over my body, the worst of which was on my hands.

Tribe Designation: Tandang

Current Residence: White Lake, Mich.

Personal Claim to Fame: I have seven of them that I feed everyday – my children. And, ranking 23rd on TV Guide and TV Land's List of the 100 Most Unexpected TV Moments. It’s an honor to have been there when it all started!

Inspiration in Life: My dad, a true warrior who lost a battle to cancer when he was 28 and my mom who battled emphysema for 17 years and never complained. She taught me what tough was.

Hobbies: Sports and fitness, coaching my kids and anything to do with water… in it, on it, over it, looking at it or listening to it.

Pet Peeves: Negativity and pessimism. The glass is always full.

3 Words to Describe You: Adventurous, spontaneous and competitive.

If You Could Have 3 Things on The Island What Would They Be and Why?
    1) Animals to hunt for food.
    2) An impenetrable shelter.
    3) An unbreakable alliance.

Reason for Being on SURVIVOR: To avenge a long-standing internal battle, wondering if I can win this game in spite of the changes and my 12 year absence. No matter what any returning player may say, you never stop thinking about going back. And: 7 cars when they turn 16, 7 college educations, 7 weddings… I want to be there for my kids at all times when they need me.

Why You Think You’ll “Survive” SURVIVOR: The physical part I’m ultra prepared for. I never stop moving. The survival part won’t be an issue. I grew up in the woods. My crazy family life has prepared me exceptionally for the mental part. I’m surviving seven kids!

Why You Think You Will Be the Sole SURVIVOR: There is no other returning player in the history of this game with more to prove than me. I’ll find a way to win, whatever it takes! I won’t give up… ever, ever , ever, ever!

Survivor Cast: Michael

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Re: Michael - Philippines (returnee)

Jeez, this guy was last on 10 years ago on just the second season, and finally he gets another chance.

Him then:

So excited he is back! Love me some Skup.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

I loved him then and am so excited he is back. Plus he lives about 40 minutes from me, so I gotta root for the hometown guy!!
    karalott and jucamer like this.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

First, Mike is still looking pretty dang good after 11 years since he filmed the show. He doesn't look all that much different. While being a returnee hasn't exactly hurt any recent players (except Russell, but that's a bad example), I wonder if the contestants would be more sympathetic to the cast offs that were taken out the first time because of medical issues?

Second, I've never been a big fan of Mike's. And I still cringe over the pig incident, though I've always been skeptical that a piglet just wandered into the campsite anyway. I didn't really care for his whole over obsessing with being a leader the first time, either. However, when the first AS season rolled around, I always felt that if anyone deserved a second chance, it was him. Same with Fans vs Favorites (which we can use both terms loosely-Fairplay? Really?). So I'm glad he's getting another chance, that the producers haven't forgotten those contestants completely from the earlier seasons, and I hope Mike does well this time around. I remember reading an interview with Jeff Varner, who said had Mike not been taken out via injury, and had his tribe lost that last pre-merge IC, Mike was getting voted out because he was a threat. However, I think he would have been final 4 possibly. It would have been interesting to see how it played out. The other tribe would have been Pagonged, except for Colby, who probably still would have kept up his winning streak in the individual IC.

I agree with what another post said, I at least like all 3 returnees this time Either I haven't like any of them or just 1, but my favorite would fail miserably. Except Ozzy, although he didn't have much in terms of strategy.
    jucamer likes this.

I was wondering when this guy would be back...I am excited to see how he does this time around! Just STAY AWAY FROM THE FIRE!!!!
    karalott likes this.

I'll never forget that scene. *shudder* I am glad he's back, and hope he has been able to take what he learned from his first go-round and from watching since, and maybe make it far in the game.
    Kocky_Kamikaze and karalott like this.

Glad he's back. I always thought he should get another chance.
    karalott and Dukie like this.
    "All right, my turn." -Zach, BB16

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I agree, if ever anyone deserved a second chance, he did. I wonder if he was asked before, but couldn't because of the ages of the 7 kids (7??? Really?? ANd your job is what? Motivational speaker? No wonder he needs the money.).
    Kocky_Kamikaze and karalott like this.

I'm glad to see him back too! I like all of the returnee's. I have high hopes for this being a good season!
    karalott likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast