+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: Malcolm - Philippines

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Re: Malcolm - Philippines

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    He got that far, and was pissed off. I can see that. I would be as well, I am a sore loser
    Through online Survivor game experience, I've found that I am the same way. When I get voted out and am placed on the jury, I usually voted for whoever I hated less.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

FORT Fogey

Why didn't Malcolm and Denise vote for lisa..... then if it was a tie.... they would have at least had a chance in a tie breaker? It seemed the only chance of saving either of them.

They were too blinded by their fear of sitting next to each other in the finals. And let's face it, either one of them would have beaten Lisa and Skupin, so they definitely had a right to be scared to go with the other. Malcolm missed his chance to reassure Denise (even if it was a false reassurance) and she was savvy enough to know she had to go to the F3 without him. Neither one would risk a tie and potentially taking out either Lisa or Skupin.

Just read an interview on EW with Malcolm talking about his experiences. He says he is really good friends with Denise and Lisa and talks with them all the time. He states that Lisa has a beautiful daughter and he is working on that!
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    Just read an interview on EW with Malcolm talking about his experiences. He says he is really good friends with Denise and Lisa and talks with them all the time. He states that Lisa has a beautiful daughter and he is working on that!
    Really? now thats cute!
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    Love this!

I love Malcolm, however I just sense he might be a bit of a player. I'd be telling him to get away from my daughter unless I had confirmation that he wasn't a player and just how would I get that?!!

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker View Post
    Love this!

I love Malcolm, however I just sense he might be a bit of a player. I'd be telling him to get away from my daughter unless I had confirmation that he wasn't a player and just how would I get that?!!
    Perhaps by spending a month on an island with him?
    mesachick and jucamer like this.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

Interesting interview with Malcolm on Zap2it. He says a few things about the show & editing that we've all suspected, if not known:

‘Survivor: Philippines’: Malcolm Freberg is not a good guy ... and more secrets from the fourth-place finisher - Zap2it

"Malcolm Freberg didn't win "Survivor: Philippines" or even Player of the Season (although it was close), but he earned a spot as one of the game's most popular players.

Of course, he'd rather be remembered as the winner -- or at least known for his razor-sharp wit, as he told Zap2it after reliving his defeat on Sunday's finale.

Were you flattered to be compared to Ozzy?
    I know he's a popular guy, so that's cool, but I always thought of myself as a much more strategic player than Ozzy. I want to be known as the strategic guy. The comparison is great -- but really?

Who has better hair?
    Me. That's not even a question.

Are you happy with your good-guy edit?
    There's no way I can be upset about the way I've been portrayed on TV, but I actually am upset, because I said so many snarky things, great little one-liners -- they didn't show any of the mean stuff I said about people. Going into it, I kind of saw myself in my head like maybe coming off more Tyson-ish. I did every other confessional answer in Abi-Maria impersonations.

Was Abi as awful as she seemed?
    I can tolerate Abi more than the older folks, but she's as intolerable as they make her look on TV. Denise would try to fix her and you can't fix crazy. It's because I wasn't being a good person and trying to help her through this phase of her life that I got along with her better.

How surprised were you that Abi voted for Denise?
    That was shocking. Abi fought all three of them, so she didn't have much of a choice. You have to give her some credit -- that idol thing, we all mocked her for it because she was horrible at selling it. But in a weird way, if she was a better actress, that could've been awesome. [Her vote] almost shows maturity on Abi's part.

Were you surprised that the players polled by Jeff at the reunion show said wouldn't have voted for you in the finals?
    No, because they would have. Pete and Carter planned it backstage beforehand to throw Probst off. We knew this question was going to come up -- the hypothetical. Pete and Carter said, "Hey, when Probst asks that question, we're not going to raise our hands. And then Penner was walking by, [and said], "Ooh, I like that! I'm in." It was hilarious.

Do you give any credence to Skupin's insistence that he only lost because a resentful jury colluded against him?
    Richard Hatch said you have to know who you are to play the game. There was no way that Skupin knew how he was perceived. [Even though he and Lisa were strategizing during the game], we didn't know that. We just saw a bumbling Skupin who might as well have been wearing a hat with bells on it, and Lisa who was crying every other day. They're making a TV show [so] they had to make it look like it was going to be close. It was never going to be close. That's the reason I was trying to make a deal with them, because they were just goats.

Did Penner's outing of Lisa as a child actress sway the jury's vote at all?
    I've never heard of "Facts of Life." I know Penner explained it very well but we weren't really listening. I was thinking it was some [failed] pilot. We had no idea of the scale of her stardom until we got back. Penner outing her didn't affect the vote at all.

Did you regret rewarding Lisa in the loved-ones challenge after you saw her plotting against you?
    I absolutely regretted it, before her brother even left. Lisa and her brother were gone the entire time. [At first I thought] He's a pastor -- how is this the guy who is going to tell you how to backstab somebody! There is no way that he's going to be the one who's going to spin you into getting rid of me. That wasn't even on my radar, and I was absolutely shocked to see it.

Have you received any marriage proposals since Jeff clarified your single status on the finale?
    Only from elementary school girls. I'm very popular with the preteen crowd.
    "
    Last edited by Arielflies; 12-18-2012 at 07:31 PM. Reason: added link to article
    Midol likes this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Have you received any marriage proposals since Jeff clarified your single status on the finale?
    Only from elementary school girls. I'm very popular with the preteen crowd."
    Not just the tweens, if all the Malcolm avatars on this board are any indication.

Very interesting interview! I was wondering what was up with nobody raising their hand for a Malcolm vote...
    JohnnyK likes this.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

To the Point

That was a great interview. I love that the guys were very intentional in not raising their hands. I would probably have liked Malcolm even more had they shown more of the snark. My whole family leans toward snark.

And a month on an island might begin to give me some perspective on his true player tendencies or lack thereof....
    jucamer and Midol like this.

+ Reply to Thread