+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree113Likes

Thread: Lisa - Philippines

Re: Lisa - Philippines

I watched her growing up, but I'm definitely not impressed with her now. She's got some, um, interesting ideas about disciplining her children. I guess her kids are her business, but she's also a homophobe who thinks therapy can "fix" gays. She and Jeff Kent should get along just fine. He made quite a large donation to support Prop 8.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Bleah, I never liked Blair anyway. Bring Jo on!
    sweetpea, Critical, GabbyG and 2 others like this.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

AJane - you KNOW Jo would kick butt on this show!
    Katydyd likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Why is she on this show? On Design Star All Stars the Facts of Life set was redone. Obviously the show is going to make a comback!
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I watched her growing up, but I'm definitely not impressed with her now. She's got some, um, interesting ideas about disciplining her children. I guess her kids are her business, but she's also a homophobe who thinks therapy can "fix" gays. She and Jeff Kent should get along just fine. He made quite a large donation to support Prop 8.
    Really? Well, that's disappointing, at least in my eyes.
    Kocky_Kamikaze and Dukie like this.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Same here. That's quick way for someone to lose my respect, anyway. Homophobic celebs early boots please. I wonder how they'll get along with Dana.
    Kocky_Kamikaze likes this.

Being a straight woman who was told by someone who was gay that I had "gender confusion issues" because some bullies called me a lesbian when I was younger - and it was JUST being bullies - I'd say that the "fix" issue goes both ways. I will leave it at that. (

Personally, I do not care about anyone's personal opinions on this or any other reality TV shows. What I care about is that they play well and I think Lisa can do that.

All that said - this becoming more and more of a social competition instead of physical - if she spews any opinions on the issue she'll probably be voted out anyway so I don't see why anyone worries.

I can't imagine Blair lasting either LOL. I imagine she'll be recognized right off the bat, there are quite a few older folks on the show this season.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

My fear is she will be an early boot because "she doesn't the money". I remember that happening in Africa, I think. The dentist was voted off because he was a dentist and didn't need the money. Stupid reason, if you ask me.
    Florimel and JohnnyK like this.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

FORT Regular

"I guess her kids are her business, but she's also a homophobe who thinks therapy can "fix" gays. She and Jeff Kent should get along just fine. He made quite a large donation to support Prop 8."

Oh Lord...you just helped me cross two people off of my list. I'm disappointed too...I loved her when I was a kid. I always find it ironic that it's always the Jesus-freaks that have the most hate and intolerance for other people.

She might want to take THIS out of her bio..."Pet Peeves: People who judge other people."

Pot, kettle, black.
    Last edited by brycola; 09-18-2012 at 05:08 PM.
    Florimel likes this.

+ Reply to Thread