Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Jeff - Philippines

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Jeff - Philippines

Name (Age): Jeff Kent (44)

Tribe Designation: Kalabaw

Current Residence: Austin, Texas

Occupation: Retired Major League Baseball Player. I played for the Toronto Blue Jays, New York Mets, Cleveland Indians, San Francisco Giants, Houston Astros and Los Angeles Dodgers.

Personal Claim to Fame: Being a husband and a father to four kids with the ability to provide them with every opportunity to be successful.

Inspiration in Life: My dad is my hero for instilling in me the desire to be the best you can in all that you do, and setting a great example for a happy family.

Hobbies: Hunting, motocross and golf.

Pet Peeves: Stupid people and people who talk too much.

3 Words to Describe You: Competitive, resilient and hard-headed.

If You Could Have 3 Things on The Island What Would They Be and Why?
    1) A lounge chair to lounge in and sleep in.
    2) My iPod to motivate me and tune things out.
    3) A pillow to put my most valuable body part on a soft spot.

SURVIVOR Contestant You Are Most Like: Colby Donaldson - for our athletic ability, southern charm and gamesmanship.

Reason for Being on SURVIVOR: To challenge my talents and survival skills under isolated circumstances, and to prove to my family that being resilient pays off.

Why You Think You’ll “Survive” SURVIVOR: I enjoy hunting and fishing. I know how to cook outdoors, and I’m good at improvising.

Why You Think You Will Be the Sole SURVIVOR: With my survival skills and instincts, living on an island for 39 days will be easy. Utilizing the other survivors in alliances and/or challenges will take skills that I’ve mastered throughout my baseball career. Motivating and manipulating people is what I did best in the locker room and on the field.

Survivor Cast: Jeff

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Re: Jeff - Philippines

The Boss

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

Maybe a wee bit arrogant. We'll have to wait and see.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

He was not very well liked in any of his locker rooms, so I suspect he won't be much different on the show. However, that was quite a while ago, so maybe he's changed.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Pet Peeves: Stupid people and people who talk too much.

3 Words to Describe You: Competitive, resilient and hard-headed.
    Uh oh. This should be interesting!

Probst said he actually thought he could go really far and make it to the end. But if the person sitting next to him doesn't immediately bring up that he earned in the seven figures while he was playing ball, they are stupid. So, thinks he could go really far, but probably won't win.

Although Jeff was an MVP 2nd baseman, he was not very well liked in the locker room. My son said he was always known as a real harda@@, so I'd think we'll see some of that personality come out. He also has not been retired very long, so any baseball fans among the contestants should recognize him.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

He is a hot head for sure. He would fly off the handle and get in an ump's face at the drop of a hat... He argued with his coach a lot too. He seemed to have the "My Way or the Highway" type mentality.

In his defense... he hated Barry Bonds and was a loud voice in favor of testing MLB players for steroid use. He is strong, VERY fast on foot, and a fierce competitor.

He may not be recognized, I am sure that he won't tell them who he is. Even casual sports fans will recognize the name. If they sniff out who he is, I think that they will vote him out pretty quickly first time (or shortly after) he tries to establish leadership. If they don't sniff him out, he may do okay if they accept his leadership. He probably won't accept someone else's (unless he feels that he is pulling the strings on it)
    Florimel and redsox girl like this.

I will always respect Jeff Kent for standing up to those teammates who acted like spoiled kids and for insisting MLB test all players for steroids. That took guts to be one of the few players to stand up against the players union. He took so much heat for it. I think he was disliked because he wasn't a clown in the clubhouse-he was all-business and didn't participate in any club house shenanigans that are common on most sports teams. He wasn't quiet about his disdain, either. Some players dint approve of the goofing off, but they stay quiet. He expected his team mates to play the game at 110 percent. He also didn't play to the press and when you do that the press loves to stir things up and make you the `the guy the rest of the team hates.` He was a hot head on the field but thats where he put all his emotions.
    Monte71 and scoot13 like this.
    " I have a simple outlook-leave every person I meet with a smile on their face."-Donny

I wonder how messed up his knee is? What a shame to injure it right off the boat. From the sounds of it, it's likely it could pop out at any time, and these challenges are tough enough as it is without having to worry about your knee going out. I can't remember, was he in the boat during the challenge last night?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast