Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Denise - Philippines

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Denise - Philippines

Name (Age): Denise Stapley (41)

Tribe Designation: Matsing

Current Residence: Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Personal Claim to Fame: The decision to leave the safety and stability of my previous job to open my own business is without a doubt my proudest accomplishment. It took planning and preparation to make that transition smooth and successful. It also took some serious courage to risk the financial security I had.

Inspiration in Life: At this point in my life, I struggle to identify any one hero, but a hero in my eyes is someone who follows their passion.

Hobbies: Sprint triathlons, reading and playing dress up/goofing off with my kiddo.

Pet Peeves: My number one pet peeve is laziness and people who expect that change will happen without them having to put in any real level of effort. Life is what you make it folks... dig deep!

3 Words to Describe You: Determined, energetic and goofy.

If You Could Have 3 Things on The Island What Would They Be and Why?
    1) A seriously sturdy jogging bra – no one needs to see my 40 year-old ta-ta’s dangling out. This is for function, not fashion.
    2) My baseball cap or pink dew rag – sheer comfort and a reflection of who I really am.
    3) My favorite picture of my husband and daughter for motivation and connection with them.

SURVIVOR Contestant You Are Most Like: I really like Stephenie from “Survivor: Palau.” If that wasn’t “digging deep” I don’t know what is. She has sheer will power and determination. That is what drives me.

Reason for Being on SURVIVOR: Believe it or not, for the experience!

Why You Think You’ll “Survive” SURVIVOR: At work, I have to be able to engage and connect on some level with every person who walks through my door. I’m also a worker bee who will seek out ways to help camp life run smoothly.

Why You Think You Will Be the Sole SURVIVOR: I have a job that requires the ability to engage people to share very personal information and gain their trust to know it will remain confidential. Survivor will require that same skill set and honestly, I’m good at it. My motto in business, life and now Survivor is “keep it simple, keep it smart.”

Survivor Cast: Denise

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Re: Denise - Philippines

I think I'll like her.

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

I like her, too. Upbeat and positive without being arrogant.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Sex Therapist? Well, she'll make for some interesting late-night around the fire conversations.

She's the one Probst thinks could win. Says she is really good at talking to people and getting to know them - and sizing them up.

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    She's the one Probst thinks could win. Says she is really good at talking to people and getting to know them - and sizing them up.
    and a sex therapist? *giggle* Sorry my mind just went there way too fast lol.
    JohnnyK likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    LOL . . . guess I walked right into that one, didn't I?

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    LOL! Mesa

I also like her, now watch, I have jinxed her
    Dukie likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I like her, too---although not sure how much confidential info people will share with the camera running! And a good bra--what a sensible choice over a string bikini top!
    Kocky_Kamikaze likes this.

I dunno how much real say they have in their wardrobe...didn't someone once post that their clothing is chosen for them? I find the colour-coded tribe outfits off-putting - especially the trampy one's yellow bra.

Anyway, so far I like this one. I'm going to choose to ignore her favourite Survivor pick is Stephenie (urrgggghhhh).
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast