+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree97Likes

Thread: Abi-Maria - Philippines

Re: Abi-Maria - Philippines

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    My life, including family and friends are so much more aware than what I see on reality TV. I don't know, and never have known, people who are vicious gossips or vindictive or entitled. And this goes back to my early 20's. Where do they find these people?!

I appreciate the people in my life everyday I watch and see these train wrecks on TV. Tyra is probably the most guilty of casting nasty people but many shows are not far behind.
    I am very surprised that you have never known folks that are vicious gossips or vindictive or entitled. It could be that you know these folks you just have never seen or looked for that aspect in their personality.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    I am very surprised that you have never known folks that are vicious gossips or vindictive or entitled. It could be that you know these folks you just have never seen or looked for that aspect in their personality.
    Yes, these people on reality shows are under very close scrutiny. Traits that others in real life could keep hidden
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    My life, including family and friends are so much more aware than what I see on reality TV. I don't know, and never have known, people who are vicious gossips or vindictive or entitled. And this goes back to my early 20's. Where do they find these people?!

I appreciate the people in my life everyday I watch and see these train wrecks on TV. Tyra is probably the most guilty of casting nasty people but many shows are not far behind.
    I think you are just lucky ...unless maybe I'm just unlucky! Haha we keep noticing how similar Abi is to our best friend's ex-girlfriend... not a complement for Abi.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I agree with you. A very safe bet. I know they edit this show, they have hours and hours they can edit We see good vs evil every time. I just think Abi would be lousy in real life .
    I get that distinct impression as well! Do not like this chick one bit! Such a nasty, spiteful, paranoid, arrogant, selfish woman. Am I missing anything? lol
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by holly71 View Post
    I get that distinct impression as well! Do not like this chick one bit! Such a nasty, spiteful, paranoid, arrogant, selfish woman. Am I missing anything? lol
    LOL. Not a thing. In the previews she looks like she lays into Lisa.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

When they have their home visits or phone class, Blair should send for Jo to come and put Abi in her place. I might pay to see that one.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I know I'm chiming in late, but I just have to say a few words about the human-mound of unlikeability known as Abi-Maria.

First off, she's probably one of the most grating, annoying, selfish players in the history of the game. Every time she opens her mouth - EVERY time - I cringe.

The one thing we can learn from her is how the amazing power of being well-associated can get you in this game... because if not for her (now former) power alliance, she'd be long gone. I've never seen a contestant play such a stupid - and I mean STOO-PID - game and hang in this long.

Her first major error was convincing herself the RC had betrayed her. Early in the game, you need numbers. But no, Scabbi does a 180 on her strongest ally just because her unbelievable ego and sense of paranoia say they should. And no amount of words from RC (or anyone for that fact) could change that. Girl, stubborn and stupid is NOT a good mix.

Next: The merged tribe is at 9, and has a clear 5-4 split... when you're on the 5 side, and 2 of those 5 (Skupin and Lisa) are tenuous, what should you do? Treat them like royalty. You NEED these people. What does Scabbi do? Treats both with contempt and condescent, continuing the streak of making these people feel like they should praise her for still being in the game. NOT. SMART.

Seriously... what a tool this woman is. And the cherry on top of all this? She's mean about it. I'd pull my punches here if I thought for a second that, underneath it all, this was a descent, kind-hearted individual. Yeh... I don't think so.

Skupin gets all sort of new cred for flipping to the "good guys" last night. And I can't wait until Abi loses... her only chance is that she'll get to the finals because she's so ridiculously unlikeable and no one would ever vote for her. Then again, I kinda hope she does so that we can see RC level the b!$@h.

My least favorite player to date has been the dreaded (and I can't believe I'm even mentioning his name) Russell Hantz (aka Russa Hayntz), who exhibited the same kind of stubborness, meanness and ego. But at least with Russell, there was a method to his madness, flawed as it was. He thought that if you were clearly diabolical, in the end, people would respect you for it.

Abi isn't diabolical... she's just outrageously selfish. And being that self-serving allows you no in-roads to win a social game.
    holly71, waywyrd, march and 1 others like this.
    Coach Ken: "Kid, you make this kick and you die a legend."
    Curt: "Can I pee first?"

I'm rather enjoying Abi. At least now, when really no one left can take her seriously and therefore can't be upset by the crap she spews. RC is amazed by the TC Abi side show. Lisa has fatherly Penner for support. No one is being harmed by Abi except herself. I don't want her to have the satisfaction of making it to Final 3 (plus I don't like that every day more she stays she'llbe that much better compensated for having played the game). But meantime I savor each Abi-ism and Abi-eruption. The most amazing thing to me about her is she's 32. How did this wad of cluelessness get that far?

No question she'll lose if she makes it to Final 3, but I don't think she's safe to take there because she's too unpredictable. It's also not safe to discuss strategy in front of her. They need to lose her fairly soon.
    march likes this.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

My most disliked player ever is still Colton by a long shot, but Abi has certainly made it onto the short list!

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    My most disliked player ever is still Colton by a long shot, but Abi has certainly made it onto the short list!
    For me, Colton was mean in the way a cat is mean in toying with its prey before killing it. Abi is mean in the way a nasty little dog rabidly attacks any hand that's extended its way. Neither is very appealling.
    Coach Ken: "Kid, you make this kick and you die a legend."
    Curt: "Can I pee first?"

+ Reply to Thread