+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011
Like Tree97Likes

Thread: Abi-Maria - Philippines

FORT Fogey

Re: Abi-Maria - Philippines

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    Very good interview in that we get to see the Abi outside of the game with a repaired ACL. She is not as clueless about herself as we've been saying throughout the episodes.
    I give props to anyone who recognizes their own poor behavior and tries to improve. And I think Abi brings ups a lot of good points in this article - esp. about being tired, hungry, and in pain. People have different thresholds for those things.

I do think she hasn't fully matured socially. I thought it was telling when everyone embraced their loved ones as if they hadn't seem them in years but Abi only walked to her mom and didn't seem all that thrilled to see her. There is something in that relationship that has hurt Abi, I think (arm chair psychologist at work....beware).

I don't think Abi is a mean person. She said stupid and hurtful things but I think she felt boxed into a corner emotionally and it was her survival mechanisms at work.

I love this:
    So, you're now a villain. Learn anything?
    After Survivor, I realize how passive aggressive I can be. That's not a good thing. I'm abrasive in my approach. I am going to work on it, and become a stronger person because of it.
    I can't wait for the finale and see how she and Denise get along.

P.S. I adore Lisa (sans the relgious stuff)
    Last edited by Jexter; 12-15-2012 at 07:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    We were not aware she had a torn ACL. That explains why she sat out most challenges. THAT was editing, definately; it fit the story line she created.
    Her knee injury was mentioned a few times early on in the game. I haven't gone back to watch the old episodes yet, but I do remember in the episode where she & RC were laying on the beach at the beginning Abi said she just wanted to rest her knee. I also remember at the individual immunity challenge she won someone who was out of the challenge, I believe it was Skupin, said something along the lines of watch how good her knee is right before the final round began.

I think some of the other references may have been in the extended/unaired video clips on CBS.com, but I definitely was aware of her knee injury throughout the game.
    Shoepie likes this.

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

I'm curious, if her ACL was that bad, why didn't we see her with a knee brace? Jeff tore his ACL at the same time and we periodically saw him with a brace on his knee.

I think this is definitely damage control, but it DOES sound like she's appalled by her own past behaviour.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

Well, it sounded like she's aware that she needs to make some changes. HOWEVER, that stuff she was saying about being crabby because she was in pain due to a torn ACL? Did you SEE the shoes she was wearing at the final tribal? Trust me - if you've messed up your knee, you CAN'T wear and walk in four inch heels!
    Shoepie and Uncle David like this.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

FORT Fogey

She said she was "sorry" so everyone would like her. At the reunion she did not read genuine in seeing the error of her ways. She said what she thought everyone wanted to hear. She will not change and I think her life reflects what we saw here but she does not pick up on it. My guess is that she doesn't have many close friends.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

The only good sign was that she seemed to KNOW what "everyone wanted to hear"---based on her behavior on the show I'd have bet she'd be unable to figure that out! So either she's really changing her behavior or she's at least tuning into people a bit more than she was on the show. Both signs of progress of a kind, although one obviously greater than the other.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011