+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree97Likes

Thread: Abi-Maria - Philippines

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

Re: Abi-Maria - Philippines

I don't like Abi, but I must admit she played well this last episode - she saved her $ for the right item at the auction and then parlayed that advantage into giving her "I found the last idol" some weight.

However, sticking her tongue out at Denise at tribal council was childish.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Well...at least she owns her behaviour...enough to cringe at herself while watching. I thought her last comment about being passive-aggressive and abrasive was bang on, and it looks like she has recognized it and will take something away from the experience.

I read in another interview where she said she needs to polish off two bottles of wine herself just to get through an episode. How much of this is true and how much is damage control, who knows? I wish she had not been such a cow to everyone's faces and instead saved some of her sarcastic remarks for her confessionals, I would have enjoyed watching her more.

Her comments about RC and Denise are interesting.

Survivor: Abi-Maria on Being the Villain : People.com

Abi-Maria Gomes says 'The Demon Abi Came Out' on Survivor
    By STEVE HELLING

Abi-Maria Gomes began Survivor: Philippines with good intentions, but soon became one of the show's most memorable villains. Although her tribesmates considered bringing her to the end, they voted her off simply because she was so hard to handle. In a surprising interview, the 32-year-old business student owns up to all her misdeeds.

You have become one of Survivor's most notorious villains!
    Ugh! Don't remind me!

You didn't know that people would react to you like this?
    I came into the game with the greatest of intentions. I wanted to play a beautiful, strategic game. In my real life, I'm not as abrasive, but something about Survivor brought out the worst in me.

What do you think it was?
    I got a serious injury the first day; I tore my ACL in my knee. So I was in pain the whole time. I was hungry and tired, not sleeping, not eating, lonely, and the Demon Abi came out.

So it wasn't editing?
    I don't want to blame the editing; I was abrasive and passive-aggressive. I didn't think I was being a bully, but then you watch it and you're like [makes cringing noise]. I really didn't think I was all that bad.

But did you know that the tribe didn't like you?
    I knew. They told me that to my face. I knew that people weren't happy with me.

A turning point was early in the game, when you accused RC Saint Amour of hiding an immunity idol clue. Come to find out, it was Pete.
    I think if we had met each other in different circumstances, that RC and I could have been great friends. She's beautiful and intelligent, and she challenges me on an intellectual level. But she was a huge threat, which created a huge amount of fear. So we would have gotten into it regardless; she was abrasive in her own way.

Can you make up and become friends?
    I have already apologized and I have no problem with RC. She is still bitter about what happened in the game, but I would still like to be her friend.

You were known for performing poorly in challenges.
    But I got immunity once! And I had the torn ACL, so that limited my ability.

Let's talk about the final four players

Malcolm is a very charming guy. He's very smart. He held back in challenges, and is now shining towards the end. He's like the one guy who stabs you in the back, and you thank him for doing it. I tried working with him, but he was loyal to his alliance.

Denise and I didn't get along inside the game. She's entitled. She's elite, miss perfect. But at the end of the day, she's trying to win. Everyone is so tired, hungry and delusional. She could have done better as a therapist, but I was so difficult to handle that she didn't want to deal with me. She would never want to have me as a patient, and I would never want her as a therapist.

What about Lisa Whelchel?
    I had no idea that she was a celebrity. I just thought she was a sweetheart. She was fighting her own demons; she had good intentions and it was hard for her to make up her mind. She became extremely emotional. But she's playing a good game. She was aligned with Mike Skupin from the beginning and I had no clue they were a pair.

And Mike?
    Mike Skupin is such an injury freak, I was like, 'What the hell?' How many injuries can he get? Again, he and Lisa had us all fooled. I didn't know they were so tight. That's really great strategy.

So, you're now a villain. Learn anything?
    After Survivor, I realize how passive aggressive I can be. That's not a good thing. I'm abrasive in my approach. I am going to work on it, and become a stronger person because of it.

FORT Fogey

This almost sounds like she would vote for Lisa if she is in F3!

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    This almost sounds like she would vote for Lisa if she is in F3!
    I thought so too. I had to laugh though when she said she had no idea they were a tight pair...how in the world could she have missed that?? They pretty much showed it every single day!?

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

My vote goes for damage control!
    Lil Bit and RBmumsie like this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

If it's damage control at least she's showing she knows what needs to be controlled. She could have just blamed it all on editing or said, What's wrong with that?
    Lil Bit likes this.

Very good interview in that we get to see the Abi outside of the game with a repaired ACL. She is not as clueless about herself as we've been saying throughout the episodes.
    Jexter likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

She didn't seem AS bad when she was on Jeff's show, he even apologized because he said every tribal council, she was in tears.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    I thought so too. I had to laugh though when she said she had no idea they were a tight pair...how in the world could she have missed that?? They pretty much showed it every single day!?
    We saw that but they were talking privately with no one around, apparently. Many others may have not known either. It may not have been clear to Malcom and Denise either. We will find out at the reunion.

We were not aware she had a torn ACL. That explains why she sat out most challenges. THAT was editing, definately; it fit the story line she created. I am glad she has seen herself objectively. I believe she is sincere. I don't think it is "damage control" for that sake. She has been humbled. Good for her.

I feel badly that she is still suffering from the rejection.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    I have seen Big Brother where a couple have been a very tight pair and nobody was any the wiser. It can happen= editing is a wonderful thing
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread