+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: Carter - Philippines

Re: Carter - Philippines

Yeah, Carter seems like a good guy...too bad we didn't get to see more of him. And the fact that he stayed loyal to Penner is also a plus in my book lol

Yeah it sucks that we didn't get to see more of Carter.

Carter was never stupid, I think the majority of audience pegged him to be 'dumb' because of his voice (in which Carter did state something about him being judged by his voice in a video) and because of the tiny slip offs ('Penner or Katie?'). Not to mention his crappy editing.

If you watch insider videos, he was always alert at what was going on.

Unfortunately for him, he got a bad edit, which is stupid because he had personality, I was just listening to Rob has a podcast, and it really showcased what he knew and he was pretty funny according to the cast.
    Florimel and redsox girl like this.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

A lot of topless interviewing of Carter at Ponderosa--turns out he had quite the 6 pack--who knew? He seems to be making nice with Abi, who is looking good --maybe some cause and effect there. It certainly can't be anything she says...she hasn't changed.

I think Carter is being nice to Abi because he's smart enough to look past how people behave under pressure. Maybe I`m explaining it wrong. Okay, Ill try this, Carter strikes me as someone who is introspective and thoughtful rather than reactionary while also being non-judgemental and open to understanding that people are not to be judged wholly on their behavior in certain situations. I also think he`s far more patient and forgiving than some of his older counterparts on the show. I really could care less who wins the million since my reaction to the final four is `meh.`Let's face it, the cameras were busy caressing Malcom or fretting with Lisa while Probst was so busy inflaming the Abi/Denise melo-drama that Carter was unfairly shortchanged in the edit. He may go down as one of the most under rated players in survivor history. in thye mind of many viewers. I honestly believe had he not been voted out he would have won the whole thing-which is exactly why he was voted out. People were afraid to go against him in the final 2.
    " I'm a Republican. I only seem liberal because I believe hurricanes are caused by high barometric pressure, not gay marriage."- Will Macavoy The Newsroom

I like Carter, but personally I think he's realized it's easier to "get along to go along" with Abi at Ponderosa. What's the point of fanning the flames any further, particularly in a confined situation where they are forced to live together.

I think the older folks have been more than patient with her. She resorts to such childish antics: sticking her tongue out at Denise's back, calling Skupin names, stubbornly refusing to discuss conflict aside from "I'm right. You're wrong." When she called Mike names at TC he clearly held his tongue and refused to engage with her, which is what you do when a young child is trying to bait you into an argument. I think they did the best they could under the circumstances to not go off on her.

I do agree that Carter was voted out because he was a threat to win. He should be pleased to know it wasn't because he was useless, but because nobody wanted to be sitting with him at the FTC. That's a compliment in this game.
    Shoepie, sclilred1 and Photobabe like this.

I don't think Carter would have won. I think he's a nice kid, but I think he was a follower and not a leader. jmho
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I don't think Carter would have won. I think he's a nice kid, but I think he was a follower and not a leader. jmho
    Very much so as a follower. Maybe more like a floater in the clouds. Half the time clueless as to what was going on. The reason why I said that is because, not once but, TWICE he told Penner that he thought the vote was for him. Really... what kind of player does that??? Sometimes I have ditzy moments but NEVER like that!

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    I like Carter, but personally I think he's realized it's easier to "get along to go along" with Abi at Ponderosa. What's the point of fanning the flames any further, particularly in a confined situation where they are forced to live together.

I think the older folks have been more than patient with her. She resorts to such childish antics: sticking her tongue out at Denise's back, calling Skupin names, stubbornly refusing to discuss conflict aside from "I'm right. You're wrong." When she called Mike names at TC he clearly held his tongue and refused to engage with her, which is what you do when a young child is trying to bait you into an argument. I think they did the best they could under the circumstances to not go off on her.

I do agree that Carter was voted out because he was a threat to win. He should be pleased to know it wasn't because he was useless, but because nobody wanted to be sitting with him at the FTC. That's a compliment in this game.
    In the respect of Carter not wanting to fan flames, he's like me. Why start something that won't end up in a satisfactory ending? Abi is who she is. The fact that what we saw during the game is her genuine personality. I can tell by her personality at the Ponderosa. Most people when they're playing Survivor have their gameface on. When they come to Ponderosa, they're completely different. Night and day! Abi has been consistently like a prepubescent mean girl from the first day to the last. And I seriously doubt that when she looks at the footage of herself, she's not going to see what others have endured. She'll just call them morons as well.

I honestly couldn't see Carter winning at the end. Maybe if they had the car curse challenge he could win that and then get voted off. He won a couple of individual challenges but, that was it. No gameplay whatsoever. Even "floater" Sandra made herself known put herself out in the forefront with her mouth. Carter played a wallpaper game outside of challenges. Winning a couple of challenges doesn't amount to "deserving" the win, in my opinion.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 12-14-2012 at 07:48 PM.
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

FORT Fogey

I adore Carter. Seeing him and his mom was really touching. She did a good job with the kid.

I don't blame anything on editing. Carter was quiet and thoughtful. Not so good for drama needed for a TV show, but there is no shame in it.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Interesting---Carter's gotten way more posts in the last few days than throughout the whole rest of the show!

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post

That's a generalized opinion. Remember, the last two challenges Carter participated in came down to the wire between Malcom and Carter , it`s not that Malcom won because he dominated Carter, its because luck was on his side and had luck been on Carters side instead, we would have a totally different game. Apparently, much of Carters time on the Island was edited , according to not only Carter but other cast mates who attest to the fact Carter was very much engaged with everyone and was the go to guy for clever one liners and the guy who kept things positive. Carter planned to play an honorable game coming in-so he stayed away from the double dealing. He also made a strategic decision to disengage from any tensions. I guarantee you that when the reunion show airs you are going to hear Carters cast mates talk about him being the most under rated player by viewers because viewers did not see Carter the way they did. He played a nuanced game. Sometimes, that type of subtle play is unfairly dismissed as lack of game play because it`s not big and obvious -and the folks who produce Survivor know their bread and butter depends on BIG CHARACTERS.
    Florimel likes this.
    " I'm a Republican. I only seem liberal because I believe hurricanes are caused by high barometric pressure, not gay marriage."- Will Macavoy The Newsroom

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast