+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: Carter - Philippines

Re: Carter - Philippines

Quote Originally Posted by kev89 View Post
    To be honest, I really don't remember much from that season, so maybe that means Vecepia was invisible That's a possible exception then. Maybe you could make a case for Natalie, the winner of Samoa, who got less screentime than other winners. But even then it wasn't like with Carter or other invisible players where I was asking "who is that?" whenever I saw them, even after the merge.
    That and cringing every time he talks because he usually says "aren't we voting you out".
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    He's pretty forgettable, but not as much as that guy from a couple of seasons ago (I don't remember his name!) who made it to the F5 or something similar, without really talking at all. My girls and I were like "who is THAT??!!"

I don't mind Carter. He seems sort of simple and harmless, not all that interesting, but definitely not a bad person. I would agree, him over Abi any day!
    I assume you are talking about Rick, the Cowboy? I liked him, but yes, you forgot about him a lot! He was in Coach's alliance from the beginning and just rode along as far as he could.

I don't know how I feel about Carter. He wins challenges, so he is a threat. But when he does talk, he always seems so stupid. So is he just lucky that he rode along with Penner as long as he did? If the alliance is smart, he will be voted out tonight. They may not like Abi but Abi is not a threat in challenges and Abi stands no chance of winning. They can get rid of her at any time. If Carter doesn't win immunity tonight, the smart decision is to vote him out now.

Rick was memorable to me because I was expecting him to be an interesting character, and was so let down by his edit.

I'm not so sure Carter's as stupid as the edit is making him look. Yes, those slip ups like "Katie or Penner?" are stupid, but we all get tongue tied and say dumb things sometimes, and I imagine they're more prone to those mental mistakes with little food or sleep. I'm not saying he's a genius by any means, and he might really be stupid, but we've seen so little of him.

I agree, I think they gave Carter a lousy edit
    RBmumsie and redsox girl like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    He's pretty forgettable, but not as much as that guy from a couple of seasons ago (I don't remember his name!) who made it to the F5 or something similar, without really talking at all. My girls and I were like "who is THAT??!!"

I don't mind Carter. He seems sort of simple and harmless, not all that interesting, but definitely not a bad person. I would agree, him over Abi any day!
    There was a guy on the Samoa season that made it to final 4 or 5 and when he was voted out everyone was like who is this guy and where did he come from. He wasn't on Russell's tribe but the other one and no I can't remember his name either.
    sweetpea likes this.

Carter seems like a nice guy. But would not count him to win it!
    Happy New Year 2015!

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

I'm with Fanny on this one - I don't think Carter's as stupid as he seems and, for whatever reason, he got stuck with a bad edit. Maybe his screen time went to Abi?
    Florimel and kev89 like this.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

I don't think he's stupid either. He just doesn't give as good "tv" as some of the others do. He seems quiet, so you know how the quiet ones are often overlooked by the editors and the players sometimes. I wish they had kept him over Abi but I understand why they didn't.
    kev89 likes this.

Apparently there was more to Carter than we saw. Everyone seemed to like him. Even Abi didn't mind him. They all said such nice things about him & mentioned that he was nice & entertaining to have around. Skupin even said he was like a son to him. They seemed to have wished they could have him around more, but his abilities in challenges & likability were working against him.

All in all we never saw or heard anything negative about him. He just seemed invisible, dull & dumb as a box of rocks.

I wish we would have gotten to see the guy they all talked about. He was probably quite likable.
    redsox girl, kev89, ilja and 1 others like this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

FORT Regular

Count me in as being on the Carter love train. I find him to be so nice and unassuming. He had some off moments, but have proven to be physically fit and had nothing bad to say about anyone else. He is someone I would like to hang out with in real life. I was also very touched to see the warm reception he gave his mother last week, as opposed to Abi's reaction to her mom.
    Florimel, kev89 and Daisoo like this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast