Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: Carter - Philippines

Re: Carter - Philippines

I just dont like him. I would like him to be gone before Penner
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I want Penner to outlast both Carter and Jeff at this point. Actually, I want Penner to win it all; it would be an awesome underdog story, and it would piss Jeff and Carter off
    JohnnyK likes this.

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

To be fair, we have hardly seen a thing from Carter. For all we know, he can have an awesome personality or be an evil villain. That is what bothers me about when they bring in veterans from previous episodes of reality shows. The majority of diary sessions are from them, the ones we know. When you add in a famous baseball player, child star, and a major villain (abby), we haven't had the chance to get to know the other people at all. When they started talking about Katie, I didn't even remember she was part of the cast. Then she was voted out. Same with the girl with all the tattoos who left for medical reasons. What's-her-name.

Fair enough, it annoys me as well that some players get almost no screen time, and that is one of the problems I do have with mixing new and returning players. It hasn't been so bad this season, Skupin's even been invisible quite a few episodes, but the editing on both of the Redemption Island seasons was awful...Rob, Russell, Coach, and Ozzy were all such camera hogs.

I'll give Carter some credit too, he really impressed me in the last challenge. After coming across as whiny and weak in the previous episode, Carter dug deep and showed that he can be a strong competitor.

Possibly the most boring contest ever on Survivor.

I don't think he has a chance of winning. Every time I see him I go "who is he".
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

PWS
    FORT Fogey

One reason they pick returners is that they can be sure there will be some players who give good interviews--that is, they try to choose talkative interesting returners, so those get more show time than some of the newcomers who may be more boring. So far Carter doesn't seem too scintillating, but I missed the last show and his moment to shine, so maybe he's said something interesting?

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    One reason they pick returners is that they can be sure there will be some players who give good interviews--that is, they try to choose talkative interesting returners, so those get more show time than some of the newcomers who may be more boring. So far Carter doesn't seem too scintillating, but I missed the last show and his moment to shine, so maybe he's said something interesting?
    Hmm, nope, nothing interesting.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I started out not liking him very much but he has grown on me ...probably because his facial expressions each week keep getting better and better lol!

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

I haven't wanted to say this before, because it really isn't fair.... However, I haven't liked Carter from the beginning and I think it all has to to with his nose. To me, he looks like he's perpetually sneering. I know, I know - it isn't fair to judge someone based upon their physical appearance, but nothing I've seen so far has helped change that first impression.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast