View Poll Results: Could you stand watching Colton once again?

Voters
112. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sure, I'd give him another shot.

6 5.36%
  • No. Just, no.

19 16.96%
  • Hell no!

87 77.68%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Would you want to see Colton in a future Survivor?

Re: Would you want to see Colton in a future Survivor?

Quote Originally Posted by petzl View Post
    I want to see if, when placed in exactly the same situation, if they learn from it or backslide and become the same monsters we saw in Season 24. Even if they wanted to, it would be hard for them to go straight into Attack Mode because the other survivors would already know all about them and would have a ready defense.
    Allowing Colton back would only reward him and I'll have none of that! And we have never been able to count on the others to do the right thing with returning contestants. And so long as Colton's smug face is there he's likely to monopolize the confessionals and that could ruin the season as well.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

I wish you hadn't posted a Big Brother spoiler. I try to avoid spoilers and I hadn't seen Sunday's episode of Big Brother yet. I never expected to see that here, in a thread about Survivor.

And I wouldn't want to see Colton on my tv again in any reality show, talk show, informercial, whatever. I don't agree that they have to have him back for Heroes vs. Villains. Unlike previous villains who you might argue people love to hate, Colton wasn't just playing a villain on tv. I believe he really is a racist bully in real life. People like him don't deserve a starring role on a tv show to spew their hatred. I'd be happy if I never heard from Colton again, and very disappointed in Survivor/CBS if they did ask Colton to return for a future edition of Survivor. I guarantee I will not be watching that season if he's included.
    Last edited by pikachu; 07-23-2012 at 02:19 PM.

FORT Newbie

@Brooks, I take your point that his behavior is not to be rewarded. His presence would only be on a "Villain"-type season. I can guarantee this in writing if necessary.

@Pika Sorry about the spoiler. I'd heard about it in the news prior to seeing the episode myself, so I assumed it was widely known.

Look, we all agree Colton is odious for his racist opinions and vindictive character assassination. But while he was in the show, no one called him on it. Even in the Reunion show, everyone was making nice and it really wasn't resolved. (His mother defending him, by putting words in his mouth, was particularly pathetic.) I'd just like to see him as a villain among villains, and see how quickly he gets shut down, should he continue his malformed behavioral patterns. I mean, there are plenty of odious characters that've been rewarded with return tickets: Jerri, Fairplay, Tyson, Russell, Hatch.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Yikes...just realized that because Colton was medevaced out of Survivor he could have been invited back this year! Well, maybe they were only going with the fondly remembered injured.
    waywyrd and jucamer like this.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

That's a Big Phat YES!!! As long as the two tribes banded together and burned him at the stake in the first episode. Otherwise, Hell to the No!
    dagwood and Hyper like this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Colton can return as long as he signs a contract stating that he will immediately fall into the fire. Pull a Skupin or stay off my TV!

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Yes. Colton can return. But only if he trips and breaks his leg trying to step off the boat or whatever at the start of episode 1, causing the earliest evacuation ever.

FORT Fogey

No!

I didn't vote because A) I don't care (Colton just didn't inspire anything in me except indifference) and B) He would have been a completely different player with a completely different attitude. Returnees always try to repair any damaged images...hellloooo, Coach, I'm talking to you. Some with more success than others. And then, there's Russell (Evil Troll Russell, not Bossy Dreadlocks Russell). But he's in a class by himself - mind you, for me, it's the Evil Misogynistic Troll class.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123