+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 22 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree90Likes

Thread: Survivor 25 Spec & *SPOILERS* thread

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Survivor 25 Spec & *SPOILERS* thread

Thanks for the approval, mods.

As we know, three medevacs are returning next season. Who they are have been speculated a while before this twist was even revealed, which makes me think those rumors are in fact true.

According to the rumors I have read on multiple places online, the three returnees are all men. So that rules out Kourtney.

Colton is not rumored to be one of them.

So they are:

Michael Skupin - Survivor: Australia

Russell Swan - Survivor: Samoa

Jonathan Penner - Survivor: Cook Islands & Survivor: Micronesia

If this is the case I am definitely looking forward to the show as I like all three. Completely fitting if Michael is coming back as he was the first ever medevac with arguably the most dramatic exit.

Not sure if this is 100% accurate, but we'll find out when the season starts. And how they do is still unknown, although I might have read some possibilities on one or two of them.

And before this info was leaked, people have speculated next season was a fully returning players cast with a "Second Chances" theme. But now we know that isn't true.

Other stuff can be added here.

Re: Survivor 25 Spec & *SPOILERS* thread

as long as Colton doesn't return I will be fine
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

I will say that if these are the three - Michale, Russell (good Russell mind you) and Penner, then overall I'm happy with the three. Penner however, apparently had a second chance, but I kinda feel that in his case, he will make good game play and while sneaky, is at least likable.

Even still, I said in the finale thread I'd give my assessment of the evacc'd contestants chances, so I will do so here:

Michael Skupin, The Australian Outback: I'm SO hoping this is true because he's really truly deserved to come back. I still tear up thinking about his hands and how bad they were. He however fits the whole idea of "Survivor" in that he tried to outwit, outplay and outlast - so much so that he even admitted he tried to REFUSE regular food in the hospital after surgery so he'd still be eligible to compete. It took the doctors pretty much telling him he wasn't going to be coming back because of the severity of his injuries to concede. I just hope that his relook on life stays in play and he doesn't try to be another Richard Hatch in his snarks like he was in Australia. People WANT to see him come back, and have for years - please don't ruin it by acting this way.

Bruce Kanegai, Panama – Exile Island: Bruce I don't think would come back because of his age and how severe this was. He was in agony, and I mean truly agony when he was carried out. He also sadly probably wouldn't bring drama.

Jonathan Penner and James Clement - Micronesia - I'm not too upset Penner is coming back if true, but he did however play twice. He did bring decent drama but yet was at least likable. James, as I mentioned I like, but he too played twice, made JURY (Unlike I think Penner), and won fan favorite twice. I think in his case if he came back a third time people would be irritated with him, and James I think deserves better because he is liked (as odd as that sounds).

Joe Dowdle, Tocantins - I didn't see Joe's season, so unfortunately I can't assess if this is a good choice or not if he didn't come back.

Mike Borassi and Russell Swan, Samoa - Mike's leaving is for a very serious reason that he probably would NOT be allowed to come back. I did like him, but given WHY he left I'm not sad for his sake that he's not back.

Russell - if true, he's a good player and just made a dumb choice that I doubt he'll do again. I also want to see his game play compared to Hantz's (who was on that season).

Colton - HECK NO, not unless "Survivor" has a cancellation death wish. He is vile, disgusting - I mean he makes HANTZ look good (and that's a huge insult of course ). I think that says enough.

Kourtney - she is currently undergoing cancer treatments - or would be at the time this upcoming season was filmed - I believe so she would not be strong enough to come back.

Paschal - his age would be a factor, and given his current personal life issues, I don't think he'd want to return. He has also I believed turned down a previous offer.

There is one other player someone mentioned, but again, I didn't see his season so I cannot assess his chances.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, 7up Pinball Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, Bejeweled® 2 Action Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Thank you for the info, Johnny K and your assessments, jadewarlock.

It is good news, indeed, that it's looking like Colton will not be one of the returnees. (Though I felt they were teasing us during the reunion show, and it frightened me awfully.)

I agree with a lot of the sentiments you both made so I'll just comment on a few.

M. Skupin: Fans have been begging for his comeback for a while, and have been repeatedly disappointed. He was a true Survivor in the outdoorsy sense; his leadership and work ethic, along with his ability to hunt and kill that pig showed he could provide in a survivor setting. It's been so long since he's been on the show, I would hardly feel like he was a returnee. Much has changed in the world of Survivor.

Russel Swan: This guy was also a leader and hard worker. He left fairly early as well, so I think would be interesting and kind of 'new' to watch... just like Skupin.

Jonathan Penner: Well, I think Jonathan is the best known of those three in that he has played the game the longest. He came in as a villian in Heroes and Villians, but never really felt he was one, and I mostly agree. I have a love/hate relationship with the guy as he can be an arrogant tool sometimes, but he has those great one-liners that get me laughing... he's hard to resist. I'd be fine with him coming back, but only as a last chance.

Otherwise, I agree that age will be a huge factor for most of the others, and medical reasons may hold some others back. I did love Paschal though!

Colton, who?
    jadewarlock likes this.

Michael Skupin - Survivor: Australia

Russell Swan - Survivor: Samoa

Jonathan Penner - Survivor: Cook Islands & Survivor: Micronesia

I hope these are definitely the three returning players. They were all interesting.

I don't think Colton will ever be a returning player (maybe just wishful thinking.) I got a strong vibe from Jeff during the reunion show that he seemed to have some serious disdain for Colton when he was questioning him about his actions. He also made it a point to get the audience's reaction (all negative) when the comparison was being made between Colton and Russell. Producers love drama, but they most certainly don't want to damage their franchise by actively courting an obvious rascist (yes, Colton, that is what you are, despite your weak pronouncements otherwise).
    jadewarlock and AZChristian like this.
    "Everything you do matters. Every moment, every decision you make – it affects the people around you – it changes the world in a million imperceptible ways. No matter what your reality, you can make it better." -- Richard Castle

I think it's set up for Colton to return, I really do. They cant have taped it yet can they, they are still taking applications
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Well, scratch my theory that Colton will never return. I just read a Q&A with Jeff and he said, "...but I do think Colton will probably be on the show again and I would guess he’ll play a similar game."

So, how can I put my feelings about this possibility nicely? Oh, I can't.

Longhornfan likes this.
    "Everything you do matters. Every moment, every decision you make – it affects the people around you – it changes the world in a million imperceptible ways. No matter what your reality, you can make it better." -- Richard Castle

Colton may find that folks are so willing to humor him next time. His over self-indulgence cost anyone on his original team a chance at the prize.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
    Colton may find that folks are so willing to humor him next time. His over self-indulgence cost anyone on his original team a chance at the prize.
    I think you are right .Perhaps the men and women will play their game, not his
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by mushybrain View Post
    Well, scratch my theory that Colton will never return. I just read a Q&A with Jeff and he said, "...but I do think Colton will probably be on the show again and I would guess he’ll play a similar game."

So, how can I put my feelings about this possibility nicely? Oh, I can't.

And this is time fans petition Jeff, Mark and others on "Survivor" to NOT put him on again and compare him to Fairplay.

Heck, I think people would rather FAIRPLAY return than Colton and we KNOW he will never be allowed to return again. (and for justified reasons).

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'd rather a HANTZ (not Russell but Brandon or Russell's brother...) come back or play.
    Longhornfan and jucamer like this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 22 1234567891011 ... LastLast