+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree90Likes

Thread: Survivor 25 Spec & *SPOILERS* thread

Re: Survivor 25 Spec & *SPOILERS* thread

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    I had to go look him up. I like the idea of bringing back those who were taken out of the game due to injury/illness over bringing past castoffs back because they were fan favorites, controversial, or Probst just wants to give them the million he thinks they deserve because they're the greatest. I didn't care for Mike Skupin during his season, but I always felt he deserved a second chance. I'm actually surprised that they are bringing someone back from that long ago. What's it been, 10 years? Jeff always seemed to like the guy and was sorry to see him go, since he was a real player. It surprised me when he was never included in any of the AS seasons. I liked Bruce from Exile Island, who was taken out I think due to a stomach virus. I would have liked to have seen him back. Then there were those 2 in season 10, where they did the school yard pick 'em for tribes, and the last 2 standing were automatically taken out of the game. They didn't even get a chance to do anything except spend one lousy night on the island. It'd be nice to see them get another chance. In fact, if they ever did another AS version, I'd like to see pre-jury contestants back. Not sure who would be up for it now, but it'd be interesting to see personalities that went too soon or that we didn't really get a chance to know the first time.
    Supkin was in Australia, which is about 11-12 years ago. That was the season I watched the last year I was in college. Given that the incident - per his comments - has changed his attitude on life in general, I think we may see a softer and more likable side of Supkin - BUT STILL the tough as nails player he was before he was burned. Be sure though he will not be getting that close to a fire again when tired unless he has some form of hand protection.

And frankly his gameplay is something the show needs to see again.

As far as the schoolyard picks who were eliminated without really playing... Um... Wanda would've been annoying (she sang as she left the island), and I forgot the other fellow's name. Not sure if we'd really want them to come back (at least her).

Personally - THIS is the only way I want to see anyone come back, if they're injured and had to leave the game that way the first time.

@dagwood your avatar makes me happy.

I had to google Michael Skupin. I remember the fire fall incident but I couldn't remember his name. I got the giggles to see that his wife's name is Peni as that is my silly pluralisation for penis. I am 43+ going on 12.
    KatesMom and jucamer like this.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Some potential newbies are being named now.

Survivorfever has three so far.

Survivor: Philippines - Season 25 - Cast Spoilers SurvivorFever.net is where we'll be seeing updates.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    Some potential newbies are being named now.

Survivorfever has three so far.

Survivor: Philippines - Season 25 - Cast Spoilers SurvivorFever.net is where we'll be seeing updates.
    Have to say in that shot the hsirdresser's hair looks like straw....wouldn't encourage me to put myself in her hands! Do any sports fans know anything about the ball player?
    Jeepers, a 20 year old model and Utahan pageant winner. Real depth there. Well, people in Utah usually spend a lot of time on outdoor sports...maybe she won't be a total loser.

We get the pageant types like almost every season. For once, be the first boot please.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I'd have to do some digging on Angelia, but I almost think she was very much a tomboy. When she competed at Miss Teen USA, she was a very big favorite to win so she'll definitely have the pageant fans behind her. Not that it matters, since we can't vote I'm actually waiting for the day when the returning contestants all leave pre-merge. I'd much rather watch the newbies, even though it's been many, many years since the days of Mike Skupin (odds are no in the cast will remember him), I can't remember Russell Swan, and I remember Jonathan, but he did have one chance to play and get voted out, and then was medevaced his second time.

Jeff Kent-I remember him doing the ABC re-boot 'Superstars' a few years ago. That was the one where they partnered the 'celebrities' with a sports player. He was partnered another pageant girl, actress Ali Landry. They didn't do so hot. I don't really remember much else about him.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Russell Swan was the "good Russell", Russell Hantz's first round---a black guy who fainted during a contest and hit his head on the apparatus as he went down---I think it was one of those tilt boards where you roll balls around...the players were blindfolded and each team had an unblindfolded caller. Very dramatic, eyes rolling up and all that.. it really looked serious but I think it was mostly dehydration/heat stroke type stuff...anyway, he was taken out and rehydrated, etc. He'd been feeling bad but not told anyone, was kind of a leader in his group. Hope that brings it back!

Also for once I actually like all three of the returnees

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Russell Swan was the "good Russell", Russell Hantz's first round---a black guy who fainted during a contest and hit his head on the apparatus as he went down---kind of a leader in his group
    Thanks. Could have been editing, but he was given credit for pandering to the women in his tribe and make poor choices after one or more of the reward challenges (cushions instead of tarp?).

There are more possible contestants being named now, with two more photo updates on survivorfever.

Anybody know actress Lisa Whelchel? She might be on, according to the sites. Her and another beauty queen.

+ Reply to Thread