+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324 LastLast
Like Tree372Likes

Thread: 5/13 One World FINALE and REUNION **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 5/13 One World FINALE and REUNION **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by CuckoosNest View Post
    The big difference here (as opposed to the original "bitter jury" not giving the $1m to Russa Hayntz) was that Kim didn't go out of her way to make the people she had schemed out of the game feel stupid for it. She showed a level of compassion... whether it was honest or not is irrelevant. What is relevant is that she didn't ever lose sight of the social game... unlike a certain troll before her.
    Yep, and that is another reason I never want to see Colton there again - he'd never win because he lacks that social game, so it'd almost be a waste of a spot (unless you need a goat in the final three).

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M View Post
    While I do love The Big Bang Theory & Amy Farrah Fowler and I enjoy Mayim Bialik's acting roles, I could not possible care less what she thinks about Survivor OR Colton.
    ^This... especially since Kourtney and Nina were ignored in the reunion. Why the hell should Blossom, Colton's mom, and some random guy get some airtime while those two are shafted? I mean, they were actually on the show.

I really wanted to get an update on Kourtney specifically for various reasons: 1) first female medevac, 2) update on her wrist, and 3) update on her cancer.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard View Post
    ^This... especially since Kourtney and Nina were ignored in the reunion. Why the hell should Blossom, Colton's mom, and some random guy get some airtime while those two are shafted? I mean, they were actually on the show.

I really wanted to get an update on Kourtney specifically for various reasons: 1) first female medevac, 2) update on her wrist, and 3) update on her cancer.
    I would have liked to have heard more from Monica.I really likd her. It was suggested the finale be two hours long, and the FTC's 1-2 and 3 be one hour.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Glad to hear others feel the same about Mayim Bialik's opinion at the Reunion....the castaways should have been the only ones to talk. I would have liked to hear from all of them, rather some random has-been. They (TPTB) cleaned her up well....saw her about a year ago on What Not To Wear and although they did a wonderful makeover on her, she definitely seems like the more "earthy crunchy granola tree hugging person" who really doesn't have that much interest in fashion/makeup, etc. Fine with me, to each his own but why, why highlight her in an audience?

As for Alicia, I just didn't buy her apology or her explanation that being cruel and mean, just wasn't who she really is.
    Baloney.
    I believe she was extremely embarrassed and shamed, watching herself on tv. But people who are not unkind/mean just don't start and continue to do that to others...no matter how stressful things are.

Colton was insincere with his apology and did it only because that's what people expected of him....he wasn't sorry...that's who he is, in reality shows and in reality itself.
    rfromp and Longhornfan like this.

CBS REALLY, REALLY, REALLY wanted to restore the gay guy's reputation. I mean they pulled out all the stops.

1. Celebrity Endorsement. Mayim "Blossom" Bialik gave her "impromptu" seal of approval.

2. "Man on the Street". Random audience member guy, who wasn't a plant at all (yeah right), who gave to Jeff on a silver platter the opportunity to "spontaneously" ask the audience if Colton should come back for another season.

3. A Mother's love. Having Colton's Mother there, on Mother's Day no less (that was a happy coincidence for them), to drawn some sympathy and humanize him.

4. Softballs. Jeff gave him every conceivable opportunity to dig himself out of his hole with his generously benign questions. "Are you really like that?"

5. Seating arrangement. Seating Bill next to Colton as to say, "See! It's all good!! They're sitting next to each other!!! Bill forgives him and so should you home viewer!" A little subconscious psychological warfare just for good measure.

All their efforts to redeem that guy blew up in their face.

1. Nobody cares what Blossom thinks.

2. "Random audience member guy" did what he was paid to do however, anybody who has been following Survivor for any length of time smelled a rat. I don't recall Jeff ever asking anyone in the audience about anything unless they were a celebrity, family member, or former Survivor. And the resounding chorus of "NO!" from the audience probably wasn't the answer they were hoping for.

3. Colton's Mother, bless her heart, tried to help but instead pointed out Colton wasn't sticking to the script. "That's not what you're supposed to be saying."

4. Jeff tried to deliver a repentant Colton but instead Colton's comments further proved he was remorseless, albeit his half-hearted semi-apology, which no one was buying.

5. Having them sit next to each other wasn't a good thing, especially with Colton's eye rolling and disinterest in what Bill had to say.

Some people are just jerks CBS, white people, black people, and yes, even gay people have their jerks. So stop trying to get into my head and let me have my own opinion and not the one you want me to have. Because Colton acted like an idiot doesn't mean I believe all gay people are like him, nor would any other reasonably intelligent viewer. I don't dislike Colton because he's gay, I dislike Colton because he's a despicable human being That's how he presented himself on the show and on live t.v. Attempting to contrive it any other way is insulting.
    waywyrd, Lil Bit, Shoepie and 6 others like this.

Just a note about #5 in both lists:

Quote Originally Posted by rfromp View Post
    5. Seating arrangement. Seating Bill next to Colton as to say, "See! It's all good!! They're sitting next to each other!!! Bill forgives him and so should you home viewer!" A little subconscious psychological warfare just for good measure.

5. Having them sit next to each other wasn't a good thing, especially with Colton's eye rolling and disinterest in what Bill had to say.
    Survivors are always seated in the order they left. Bill went out directly before Colton.

(This is also why I laughed when Jeff asked the person who went home the week before Bill why he voted for the men's team to give up their immunity and go to Tribal Council. That guy was already gone by then!)

Otherwise: yep, they tried to redeem Colton, and it didn't quite work.
    rfromp likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    I can't call it a bad season, but it was....weird. Kim was a great player, I'll give her that. The one thing I'll never understand about this season was how all those alpha males let Colton lead them around by the nose for so long.
    I've heard it was because he was so emotional and unstrategic. The randomness of his actions made them all afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini View Post
    Survivors are always seated in the order they left. Bill went out directly before Colton.
    The girl sitting next to Colton was voted out between them. The order went they voted out Bill, the tribes swapped and they voted out a girl, then Colton got sick and left. They weren't sitting in order back there which is why number 5 is an issue.
    rfromp likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Stump View Post
    The girl sitting next to Colton was voted out between them. The order went they voted out Bill, the tribes swapped and they voted out a girl, then Colton got sick and left. They weren't sitting in order back there which is why number 5 is an issue.
    Oh my gosh, you are right. Monica was eliminated before Colton and should have been sitting next to Bill. CBS is such a sneaky little devil. But this is one reason that I love coming on FORT to read all these comments. Some of this stuff goes right over my head...but not some of you!!!

Rfromp, I agree with everything that you said. But I guess that Bill didn't get the memo from CBS that he was supposed to act all chummy with Colton and was to never show any expression on his face that would come across as otherwise. And apparently Colton went off script and didn't say what he was supposed to. So this attempt to redeem Colton was a total FAIL!!! I actually found myself disliking him EVEN MORE than I already did while he was on the show. Imagine that!!!
    holly71, Shoepie and rfromp like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Stump View Post
    I've heard it was because he was so emotional and unstrategic. The randomness of his actions made them all afraid.
    But, but...emotional + unstrategic = unstable. To me, anyway. And I'd want unstable, untrustworthy people OUT. There appeared to be several strong willed, A type men on the cast, so why would they be afraid of this little twerp? So strange...

And yes, props to Bill for appearing as calm as he did sitting next to that turd Colton. I don't know that I could have been that gracious.
    Longhornfan likes this.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

+ Reply to Thread