+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast
Like Tree373Likes

Thread: 5/13 One World FINALE and REUNION **West Coast Spoilers**

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Re: 5/13 One World FINALE and REUNION **West Coast Spoilers**

I don't know what you two were smoking but I wish I had some this season so I could have enjoyed it as much as you did!

In the beginning, Colton and Alicia's nastiness made me very uncomfortable. Plus, I didn't understand why everyone was sitting back and letting them call the shots. Everyone seemed intimidated by Colton possibly using the idol but the way I saw it, he could only use it once. If they blind-sided him, he might go out without playing the idol. Or worse case scenario, if he saved himself one week, they could get him out the following week.

After Colton left and the guys were being sent home one by one, I kept hoping some of them would wise up and fight back but none of them except Troyzan did.

The main thing I really disliked about this season was that I felt that most of the contestants weren't playing to win! They seemed content to be played as pawns and sent home when their usefulness was gone. When the prize is one million dollars, I want to see people kicking, scratching, crawling, deceiving, manipulating, and pulling out all the stops to win, not just rolling over and playing dead. The game is about survival, not surrender.

I'm at least happy about the outcome. Since Kim put the most effort into the game, she deserved to win. I would have been ticked if a coat-tail rider had won.
    march and Uncle David like this.

Happy Thanksgiving! Passepartout's Avatar

Colton and Alicia both need to grow up. As glad that Colton did not make it to the end. Alicia really is a bitter woman. Kat I felt was going to give the three women, in particular Kim a nasty lashing. But did not, which was surprising!
    Happy Thanksgiving!

They need to restructure the prize money. Those people were waaaaay too content in being voted off 4th, 5th, 6th & 7th.
    holly71, march and Uncle David like this.

Quote Originally Posted by rfromp View Post
    They need to restructure the prize money. Those people were waaaaay too content in being voted off 4th, 5th, 6th & 7th.
    I agree- they all seemed to just give up.That's why it was snooze-fest for me
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, 7up Pinball Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion spockwhat's Avatar

CrossingGuard and Alexxxx, I'm with you. And I'm not smoking ANYthing! :p

This season was, first of all, made so much better by the jerks being kicked out nice and early.
    Matt? Loser, you gone.
    Colton, fate gave you a smack.

Far too often we see the people in this for the drama and exposure make it far too far. That didn't happen this time, and then, a truly AMAZING thing happened! Instead of a final three with one leader and two crazy or unikeable people (ala Rob Mariano or Brian Heidik or so many others) we saw Kim stick with her alliance and take who she considered to be her two biggest threats. That was awesome... and a big part of why I lked this season so much.

It was what I would call, classic Survivor, and it could have backfired on Kim, like it did for Colby, so I did find it interesting to watch. If I want idiots to make things interesting, well, I'd watch Big Brother (I don't) and if I want crazy I'd watch Celebrity Apprentice (I do!). But I love Survivor the GAME, not the entertainment show, and I was glad to see a classic season without all the putting them on solitary island and redemption bs and bringing back 'dramatic characters'.

And not one Hantz as far as the eye could see! Classic.
    Last edited by spockwhat; 05-14-2012 at 11:45 PM.

Just a few of my thoughts re Survivor finale:

Troy-zan's hair - didn't notice the transplant signs but was surprised at the dye job for hair and beard....altho he did look much younger w/o the grey hair.

Kat - If there's a scar, it's really hard to see. I'm not saying she's lying because that could be easily found out...but something just didn't sit right with me when she was going on about her surgeries...her quote: "I survived my tragic open heart surgery twice when I was little. They had to replace it with a pig's valve." Just sounded odd for her to say her "tragic" surgery.......don't know why...possibly because I'm become somewhat suspect when people use their "tragic" circumstances...everyone has tragic situations. I may just be a bitter old woman in a bad mood.

Why would anyone care what Mayim Bialik (Blossom) thinks about Survivor? Does she have a new show coming out and that's why she's being seen? That's the only thing I can come up with.

I couldn't stand Colton during the game and now, at the reunion...he is definitely who he showed himself to be. And don't give me any nonsense about some of his family members don't accept his ways......That's supposed to give him a pass for being cruel? Does it excuse him for not accepting others for their ways?? Not buying his stuff either. Seemingly nice mom but don't moms contribute to how their their children act?

Tarzan should have won Fan Favorite....such a personality, background, and the stand-out guy in the whole game.

I think Kim deserved to win...she played the game really well....but I disagree about Fan Favorite.

That's all I got...mostly unflattering comments about these people...but it's been a long, hard, difficult day.
    march and rfromp like this.

WARNING: long post ahead full of quotations and stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx View Post
    I absolutely agree! This was the most enjoyable season I've seen in a while, and I didn't think it would be at the beginning. I was afraid with all the focus on Colton that he was going to stick around a lot longer and ruin the season. But, when he left it was great. It's funny, people hated when Colton was there, then when he was gone so many were bored. I wasn't bored at all. I love watching this game played the way it should be played. Kim deserves all the credit. And yeah, losing Redemption Island and getting more reward challenges was definitely a change made in the right direction.

Hey CBS, bring on more seasons like this one.
    Hey there! Glad you agree! And judging by the amount of likes my previous post received, we are not alone with these sentiments. Glad people see that this was a good season -- just speak up next time!

And glad you mostly agree about the fact that the focus shouldn't be on one person most of the time. I really hate what Survivor has become, creating characters with its edit rather than letting the characters shine on their own. Just the fact that Russell is popular amongst casuals says something: if he had been on an earlier, better-edited season, he would have been universally hated. But the editors gave us no other characters -- during Samoa, especially -- that casuals had no one to root for, and when the time came for Natalie to win, people would accuse her for doing nothing, even though she deserved to win the game and only had the edit to blame. I was really afraid we were getting to this point again, but thankfully we didn't!

Quote Originally Posted by StageHand View Post
    Worst Survivor ever! No twists/Turns, in reality only 2 blindsides of dumb peopel which should be concidered a mercy outtage than a blindside. Pretty much new who was going to win it 1/2 way through, even had a good idea on the pecking order, the Jury questioning was sooooo lame... have a group of friends that get together religiously to watch this show, did it until about 1/2 through, didn't even care who won. Bad Job CBS, another season like this and you may as well shut it down. Maybe if they had exile Island things would have been better.
    I don't mean to single you out, but I got really disappointed when I read your post. Twists and blindsides are not what this show is about. Yes, they're fun but if they happened during every single show, do you think they would have that same shocking effect? Hell no. They would get old after a while. Speaking of twists specifically, there really should be no dependence on twists to run the game. Most of the time, they ruin the show. Let's think back on Survivor's greatest twists: Redemption Island, bottle twist in Cook Islands, have's vs. have not's in Fiji, the most random tribal swap in China... I can go on and on. I even hate the HII, even though I've gotten used to it at this point. And Exile Island would not have made this season better. That was the worst twist ever before RI came along.

(I'm midway through this post, but I have to clarify something that I'm noticing that I'm doing... everyone, please excuse my abundance of bolding the word "not." )

But like I said, Survivor isn't about those twists and turns and blindsides -- at the end of it all, it's a social experiment. This was another great characteristic of this season: it had more footage of camp life. I loved seeing the way the castaways reacted, starting from being put on one beach (now this was a great twist) to the ending of all women. Yes, it's a game show at the same time, and these guys are playing to win a million bucks. The game is fun to watch also, but seeing the interaction between the people is what is most fascinating. That's why this show became so popular, starting from Richard sitting in a tree. Yes, sometimes this season got uncomfortable, such as with Colton and Alicia. But I was still fascinated with people's behavior, whether it was the instigator or the victim (Christina, Bill).

And this is the reason why I liked the jury this year. They shouldn't have to be bitter all the time. Seeing people actually form relationships and seeing those relationships reflected in their jury speeches was a nice change from previous seasons. Not saying that all seasons should have a happy-go-lucky jury all the time, but with this specific season, it was an appropriate change.

So yeah, this was a top notch season. I'm disappointed that most aren't able to see that, but to each their own.

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    I don't know what you two were smoking but I wish I had some this season so I could have enjoyed it as much as you did!

In the beginning, Colton and Alicia's nastiness made me very uncomfortable. Plus, I didn't understand why everyone was sitting back and letting them call the shots. Everyone seemed intimidated by Colton possibly using the idol but the way I saw it, he could only use it once. If they blind-sided him, he might go out without playing the idol. Or worse case scenario, if he saved himself one week, they could get him out the following week.

After Colton left and the guys were being sent home one by one, I kept hoping some of them would wise up and fight back but none of them except Troyzan did.

The main thing I really disliked about this season was that I felt that most of the contestants weren't playing to win! They seemed content to be played as pawns and sent home when their usefulness was gone. When the prize is one million dollars, I want to see people kicking, scratching, crawling, deceiving, manipulating, and pulling out all the stops to win, not just rolling over and playing dead. The game is about survival, not surrender.

I'm at least happy about the outcome. Since Kim put the most effort into the game, she deserved to win. I would have been ticked if a coat-tail rider had won.
    Quote Originally Posted by rfromp View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I agree- they all seemed to just give up.That's why it was snooze-fest for me
    I'm not smoking anything, thanks. I'm in college now (hence the lack of posts from me throughout the year), but I refuse to resort to drugs for fun.

With that said, I really disagree with the sentiments stated above. I do not believe that people were laying down their torches for a Kim win. It was just that they believed they actually had a chance to win the game against her. If there's anything people should take away from this season, it's the realization that what we see on TV is not what they experience out there. For one thing, the other girls made some moves of their own that they possibly did not get credit for. Kim even thought she got most of the credit when she didn't necessarily deserve it. The other girls probably hoped that the jury would take into consideration their gameplay. Plus, with most of the credit can possibly come bitterness. What the others were perhaps counting on was a jury who credited Kim for their ouster and didn't want to vote for her for that reason. It didn't turn out that way, but it's not like there was no chance. Kim was even nervous coming into it.

Yes, you can bring up someone like Christina, who seemed to give at 4th. But that girl has some tenacity! Did you not see how much she fought for that final immunity? I have never seen Christina do that well in a challenge. And I truly believe that she had no chance to squeak into the F3 when she lost. The other three girls have just been too close for them not to take each other, especially compared to Christina who was in the bottom four girls when Salani first started as a tribe. So when push came to shove, Christina accepted defeat like a champ. And c'mon, who expected her to make it that far? You don't need to win to win -- I see her F4 placement as just much of an accomplishment.

But I truly don't believe that everyone gave up. Throughout it all, I can see where the players' heads were at: premerge, both tribes had understandable approaches: there was the main four girls, and then there were the alpha males. On the guys' side, the misfits noticed this and formed an alliance. I don't think Colton was in control; he was just the loudest voice. He did bring up the idea of going to TC when they won immunity, but at the end of the day, it was a decision made by the whole tribe. Fast forward to the merge and Colton gone, the misfits lost their glue: even though he was a PITA, Colton was one of the main people to rally those guys together. Those guys just couldn't work together after that... Jonas and Tarzan, anyone? Plus, people like Jay and Troy had really trusted that Kim was on their side. Little did they know that they were getting fooled. Then when it came down to women + Tarzan, two sides had formed: Alicia/Tarzan/Christina & Kim/Chelsea/Sabrina. Alicia had made the wrong decision to take out Tarzan, leading to the F3 of Kim-Chelsea-Sabrina. So moves were played by everyone all throughout the season. But Kim made the best decisions at the end of the day. Because of that, it may have seemed like she was the only one playing. But that definitely wasn't the case.

And to respond to pikachu's first point directly, like I said before, it was uncomfortable seeing the bullying happening. But I can't help but admit that it was fascinating to watch. Let's bring up Christina again: I was shocked that she just took it like that. But her words at the reunion made sense, how she had to change her real-life personality and take on a passive role in order to make it far. So even though I would have wanted to see her speak up against Colton and Alicia, it was interesting to watch that interaction amongst the three of them. And it was a nice ending to that subplot of the whole game, how Christina ended up placing farther than both of them.

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    CrossingGuard and Alexxxx, I'm with you. And I'm not smoking ANYthing! :p

This season was, first of all, made so much better by the jerks being kicked out nice and early.
    Matt? Loser, you gone.
    Colton, fate gave you a smack.

Far too often we see the people in this for the drama and exposure make it far too far. That didn't happen this time, and then, a truly AMAZING thing happened! Instead of a final three with one leader and two crazy or unikeable people (ala Rob Mariano or Brian Heidik or so many others) we saw Kim stick with her alliance and take who she considered to be her two biggest threats. That was awesome... and a big part of why I lked this season so much.

It was what I would call, classic Survivor, and it could have backfired on Kim, like it did for Colby, so I did find it interesting to watch. If I want idiots to make things interesting, well, I'd watch Big Brother (I don't) and if I want crazy I'd watch Celebrity Apprentice (I do!). But I love Survivor the GAME, not the entertainment show, and I was glad to see a classic season without all the putting them on solitary island and redemption bs and bringing back 'dramatic characters'.

And not one Hantz as far as the eye could see! Classic.
    Yay, another one that agrees! Love your last point, too! Perhaps my petitions for no more Hantzes worked! Okay, I didn't make an actual petition, but hopefully the producers finally realize that the show does not need that family to prosper.

And I loved Kim's decision as well. I mean, I would loved to have seen Christina there because she was my favorite. But Kim's response to Jonas' question about not taking Christina made total sense. You never know with the jury: they could have voted for Christina since she had absolute no chance at the beginning but then somehow squeaked her way to the end. It was a respectable decision for Kim to stick with her main allies from Day One.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    Just a few of my thoughts re Survivor finale:

Troy-zan's hair - didn't notice the transplant signs but was surprised at the dye job for hair and beard....altho he did look much younger w/o the grey hair.

Kat - If there's a scar, it's really hard to see. I'm not saying she's lying because that could be easily found out...but something just didn't sit right with me when she was going on about her surgeries...her quote: "I survived my tragic open heart surgery twice when I was little. They had to replace it with a pig's valve." Just sounded odd for her to say her "tragic" surgery.......don't know why...possibly because I'm become somewhat suspect when people use their "tragic" circumstances...everyone has tragic situations. I may just be a bitter old woman in a bad mood.

Why would anyone care what Mayim Bialik (Blossom) thinks about Survivor? Does she have a new show coming out and that's why she's being seen? That's the only thing I can come up with.

I couldn't stand Colton during the game and now, at the reunion...he is definitely who he showed himself to be. And don't give me any nonsense about some of his family members don't accept his ways......That's supposed to give him a pass for being cruel? Does it excuse him for not accepting others for their ways?? Not buying his stuff either. Seemingly nice mom but don't moms contribute to how their their children act?

Tarzan should have won Fan Favorite....such a personality, background, and the stand-out guy in the whole game.

I think Kim deserved to win...she played the game really well....but I disagree about Fan Favorite.

That's all I got...mostly unflattering comments about these people...but it's been a long, hard, difficult day.
    Troyzan's hair was gross and unflattering.

I couldn't see her scar well either, but if you watch the Ponderosa videos, the things that she wears there show it a little bit more. You can see a definite line in between her breasts.

Thank you! Why the hell did Jeff focus SO much time on Blossom, Colton, and that f***ing random guy!?!?! I don't care about them! I want to hear from everyone, so it made me sad to gave Kourtney and Nina get the shaft. Especially Kourtney, who had a tumor taken out of her after her ordeal with her wrist. Jeff, you are not ready for your own talk show. And as for Colton, I agree... I do think that the way he is treated has something to do with his personality, but at the end of the day, his nastiness is only attributable to him. He's a nasty person inside and out, and I don't think the way people treat him should be to blame. Don't get me wrong: I find his non-acceptance just as nasty, as gay people should not have to suffer for who they are. But Colton is just a piece of work who I cannot feel empathy for.

And hope you feel better!

Alright, my long post is done! Let's see if anyone actually reads this.
    Last edited by CrossingGuard; 05-15-2012 at 04:27 AM.
    MomAt40Pls and Hyper like this.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

He activates my yummy!!!! yourefired's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I don't buy Colton's, so called, "apology". I didn't but much of what his mother was saying, either.
    I know I'm in the minority, but I still believe a lot of what Colton said was for shock value and good TV. I really think he was trying to play a character. Some of it was definitely him, but as someone who does speak sometimes for shock value, I know the type.

I also agree with Blossom that he went out too early because it would have been fun to watch him get his due. I don't think he could have won, and I don't think I would have wanted him too. But for me he was entertaining and nothing more.

I honestly wish he'd stayed in to see how it would have played out. The girls would not have made it to the end. It would have been more evenly matched I think. Kim was a good player, but I didn't warm up to her at all. In fact, I wanted Sabrina to win because IMO it was Sabrina who really did a lot to try to keep the women together and focused. When Colton gave away immunity, the first thing she did was get the women together and reiterate that there would be none of that foolishness with her tribe. She wasn't as athletic, but I think she kept them going when they were at their worst. I think if it wasn't for her, the women would have just rolled over and died.
    Geisha Ninja Sparkle Dance
    Twirling Ninja Sparkle Dance

He activates my yummy!!!! yourefired's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    Did anyone mention the girl who went out with the broken wrist at the beginning of this season?
    What? You mean the chick who thought so highly of herself that she said she'd be the butt of jokes for years to come? I'd forgotten all about her until the remember walk.
    spockwhat likes this.
    Geisha Ninja Sparkle Dance
    Twirling Ninja Sparkle Dance

I thought about applying for Survivor once but I can't they won't let you take your meds with you and while most of them I could do without for a month and be alright I have to have my thryoid med and my high blood pressure med

I sent Jeff a tweet and pleaded with him and begged him to please listen to the fans this one time and that the majority of them DO NOT want to see Colton on their screens again..I know he doesn't make the decisions but I just asked that he kept it in mind if the subject comes up...I encourage others to do the same...
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

+ Reply to Thread