+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast
Like Tree372Likes

Thread: 5/13 One World FINALE and REUNION **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 5/13 One World FINALE and REUNION **West Coast Spoilers**

However, I would have liked to see someone else win fan favorite
    I wish there was rule, that said if the fan favorite has won the million( and this goes for all the winners) it then goes to the runner up.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    I can't call it a bad season, but it was....weird. Kim was a great player, I'll give her that. The one thing I'll never understand about this season was how all those alpha males let Colton lead them around by the nose for so long.
    That is definately mysterious and speaks to the very different living situation and how it affects peoples emotions and thought processes. Colton fractured the team on day one. It sent them spinning. And also they were pretty cocky about knocking out the women.
    Alexxxx likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I wish there was rule, that said if the fan favorite has won the million( and this goes for all the winners) it then goes to the runner up.
    But then it wouldn't really be about the fan favorite, would it? Why let people vote if their wishes aren't honored?

Probst said last night that it wasn't even close, Kim ran away with it. It wouldn't be right to give it to someone else, especially a distant 2nd place.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

I loved how Troy called the season for what it was: "Outdumbed"...it is so hard to get behind this winner when only one (1! ONE!!!!) person challenged her for the million dollars!
    How is it that Troy was the only guy in the game that was like "hey, why don't we vote off Kim?" How did they end up with such stupid players?! I'm almost tempted to try out for Survivor if all I need to do is show up and tell everyone they are going to the finals with me...seriously!
    No one discussed the fact that they thought they were F3 with Kim--what were they doing on the that island ALL day?
    When you think about the odds of everyone believing they were in the finals and only talking to one person about it (Kim) then this almost seems fishy (but you know if there was any footage where the other players actually discussed strategy we would have definitely seen it!).
    It just seems so impossible that it is boggling my mind--in ALL SERIOUSNESS, how did they find such dumb players!?
    march, Vonna and rfromp like this.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I'm almost tempted to try out for Survivor, too, because I could sure use a million dollars and I know how to fish and fillet fish. However, I hate camping outdoors and I would hate living amongst so many people and being on-camera all the time. I'm not a very social person, either, so I would suck at forming alliances.

I do wonder how they choose who to cast. You'd think they would want people with some survivor training (familiar with living in a tent or camping for extended periods of time, that kind of thing) but it shocks me how many contestants they get that don't know how to swim, are afraid of the outdoors, don't know how to fish or start a fire without matches, can't build a shelter, and haven't ever watched Survivor! Why would the casting department choose those people out of all the applicants for the show?? It boggles the mind.

I think they would get more real action on the show and less fake drama if they did a better job casting people more qualified for the Survivor experience.
    Last edited by pikachu; 05-14-2012 at 02:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx View Post
    But then it wouldn't really be about the fan favorite, would it? Why let people vote if their wishes aren't honored?

Probst said last night that it wasn't even close, Kim ran away with it. It wouldn't be right to give it to someone else, especially a distant 2nd place.
    I agree here - I think "Big Brother" actually does have a disclaimer that if the winner gets fan fave, then it goes to second most. Personally I don't like it because it could mean that we do not get the person whom we like as fan fave.

What would be cooler though is if the winner - if winner of both, declines it and says "Thank you, but I won so I want someone else to win this" then they give it to the second place person. Sadly, I do NOT see that happen. I think the only exception would've been possible Yul and Ozzy's season since both were liked so well and both were deserving (in their own way) of winning. I do think Yul would've deferred to Ozzy had he won the fan favorite.

I didn't even realize that Prince (formerly the artist formerly knows as Prince) was one of this season's contestants. Did you see him sitting next to Colton? Oh, wait... it was actually Sheila E, post-transgender surgery.

Other big laughs: Alicia's "question" to the jury, which was just a rant about how flippin' great a player she is (deluded is more like it); Troyzan comparing himself to Richard Hatch (laughable); and Colton trying to justify himself (and failing miserably.)
    rfromp likes this.
    Coach Ken: "Kid, you make this kick and you die a legend."
    Curt: "Can I pee first?"

Honestly, I'm shocked that the majority regard this season as bad! And it's not just here -- I like to peruse the Facebook comments made on the show's page just for kicks because sometimes I just have to laugh at what some people say. But yeah, they all say that this season was horrible!

Am I alone here with my sentiments that this was one of the best seasons in a while?

For one thing, the editing was way better than the most recent seasons because we actually got to know every single person. Just compare this season's F5 to last season's... Rick was given the shaft and people were just like, "Why is he there?" Of course he did something to get to that point! But we didn't see it because the people behind the show decided not to. I really hate when castaways aren't shown because it's like you're signing up for a chance of a lifetime, but when you watch it back on TV, you can't even look back on it because you're so damn invisible! And meanwhile, you have other contestants who get way too much airtime and hog it. Thank goodness TPTB that took Colton out because we were getting to that point once again.

I also thought that the game-playing this season was top notch. It may have seemed like people were just handing it to Kim, but I disagree -- this isn't the same case with JT in Tocantins. She was just that good; people trusted her that much to think that she was part of her main core when in actuality she always had her two girls (Sabrina and Chelsea) by her side the whole time.

And let's just compare this season to the last two god-awful seasons. I'm really glad Redemption Island is gone, for one thing. But are people forgetting the F3 of S22? When it seemed like a cakewalk for Rob? And let's not forget how boring they were! I was more entertained with this season, both premerge and postmerge.

I really think that One World was a top notch season... anyone else agree?
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard View Post
    Honestly, I'm shocked that the majority regard this season as bad! And it's not just here -- I like to peruse the Facebook comments made on the show's page just for kicks because sometimes I just have to laugh at what some people say. But yeah, they all say that this season was horrible!

Am I alone here with my sentiments that this was one of the best seasons in a while?

For one thing, the editing was way better than the most recent seasons because we actually got to know every single person. Just compare this season's F5 to last season's... Rick was given the shaft and people were just like, "Why is he there?" Of course he did something to get to that point! But we didn't see it because the people behind the show decided not to. I really hate when castaways aren't shown because it's like you're signing up for a chance of a lifetime, but when you watch it back on TV, you can't even look back on it because you're so damn invisible! And meanwhile, you have other contestants who get way too much airtime and hog it. Thank goodness TPTB that took Colton out because we were getting to that point once again.

I also thought that the game-playing this season was top notch. It may have seemed like people were just handing it to Kim, but I disagree -- this isn't the same case with JT in Tocantins. She was just that good; people trusted her that much to think that she was part of her main core when in actuality she always had her two girls (Sabrina and Chelsea) by her side the whole time.

And let's just compare this season to the last two god-awful seasons. I'm really glad Redemption Island is gone, for one thing. But are people forgetting the F3 of S22? When it seemed like a cakewalk for Rob? And let's not forget how boring they were! I was more entertained with this season, both premerge and postmerge.

I really think that One World was a top notch season... anyone else agree?
    I absolutely agree! This was the most enjoyable season I've seen in a while, and I didn't think it would be at the beginning. I was afraid with all the focus on Colton that he was going to stick around a lot longer and ruin the season. But, when he left it was great. It's funny, people hated when Colton was there, then when he was gone so many were bored. I wasn't bored at all. I love watching this game played the way it should be played. Kim deserves all the credit. And yeah, losing Redemption Island and getting more reward challenges was definitely a change made in the right direction.

Hey CBS, bring on more seasons like this one.
    spockwhat and CrossingGuard like this.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

Worst Survivor ever! No twists/Turns, in reality only 2 blindsides of dumb peopel which should be concidered a mercy outtage than a blindside. Pretty much new who was going to win it 1/2 way through, even had a good idea on the pecking order, the Jury questioning was sooooo lame... have a group of friends that get together religiously to watch this show, did it until about 1/2 through, didn't even care who won. Bad Job CBS, another season like this and you may as well shut it down. Maybe if they had exile Island things would have been better.
    Uncle David and M_shelll like this.
    Obama grew up in Hawaii not Chicago

+ Reply to Thread