+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast
Like Tree369Likes

Thread: 5/2 One World Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 5/2 One World Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Alicia or Kim could have said no, pick someone else for reward.
    Jaceegirl likes this.
    There's no place like home!

I think what was important about Kat's choices was that others had strong opinions about it, not really whether those opinions were justified. Some were strongly gunning for Kat because of it and that's something that can be exploited. (It's also possible some of the contestants were just sucking up to Tarzan and Christina.) It gave other folks a reason to join in voting her off. So if Kim makes it to F3, and Kat is bound to attack her on it, Kim can point back to the consensus at camp that Kat made the wrong decision and Kim didn't really have a choice about it.

Kim's whining on the first Ponderosa clip is amazing. At least to the extent I could understand it. I needed subtitles, LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    Alicia or Kim could have said no, pick someone else for reward.
    Alica would never to think to do that .Kim always says the same thing, I have to do damage control when I get back.As I said before, she is lucky to be stuck with such a dumb lot .jmho
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

If anyone is interested, here is a link to Kat being Kat at Ponderosa.

Survivor Video - Kat arrives at Ponderosa - CBS.com
    Uncle David, ilja and Jaceegirl like this.

Quote Originally Posted by realityfan778 View Post
    While I can appreciate that Christina missed her Dad and Tarzan missed his wife, THEY choose to remove themselves from their families for at least 39 days. Christina knew her Dad's situation during her casting process and to pull a "borrowed time" card while you're playing the game seems disingenuous. IMO they do not deserve to see their family member any more than the next person. Everyone misses their family member and to say that because someone didn't choose them they were wrong (Sabrina) is incorrect. But that's just me.

I always thought the most fair way in that situation was to ask the contestants that were 2nd and 3rd in the race to go regardless of alliances (unless it was an obvious stupid move) because that seems the way to cause the least amount of friction.
    Funny how the mind works. I immediately thought that perhaps Christina made the choice to leave Dad to play the game in order to possibly help finance medical bills.

So ... how does that fit into Kat's choices? I think leaving her and her Dad behind garnered more sympathy for Christina, at least with some as evidenced by opinions here. That can be good or bad as some might keep her (Christina) around to help inflate her monetary gains ... and others might worry that at the end, the jury might vote for her out of sympathy. I think this will absolutely get Christina some Fan Favorite votes.

to say that because someone didn't choose them they were wrong (Sabrina)
    Sabrina disagreed with Kat's choice and her mind set was the compassionate choice(s) even before the challenge began. The consensus seemed to be not so much that it was wrong but that it was selfish, and it did present that way. Sabrina also said she was playing for Tarzan.

Had Kat chosen Tarzan and Christina, she doesn't have the finesse to have explained it to the rest of her "alliance". She has not heretofore demonstrated that she is a compassionate and caring person so they might find it suspect. Further, it is not just Kat's choice, but more how she did it and explained the pick, and later justified it at the family picnic and TC that put out her torch..
    sweetpea and Midol like this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

If I were Kat I would have asked the 2nd place person if they want me to select them or they can choose whoever they want to come with me in their stead. Then ask the 3rd place person to do the same. Put the pressure on them. Turn the tables around. That way I do not have to hurt people's feelings. It is a very strategic move as people will not know your true alliances but it puts the 2nd and 3rd place finishers into a tougher situation.

I'm not sure about the age thing though... I know a lot of 18-24 year olds who don't act like that.
    Last night's episode and watching Kat actions really struck me personally. I could not help, but compare what I was doing at the age of 22. I know all people are different as well as everyone having different life experiences, but for me I had buried my own dad at the age of 19. I was responsible for the planning of his funeral and assuming the financial costs associated with it. I had only been working for a year at that time and certainly did not have money. I had to grow up at a very young age because of what life dealt me. I was married and a mom at the age of 22. I really do think it has so much to do with the character of a person and not the age. I don't know if Kat will ever have character. She seems to have a long way to go.

I have to say to TripleGemni that I am sorry about your health issues and hope that everything turns out well. To Uncle David I am deeply sorry for what you and your family are going through and my heart goes out to all of you.

As far as the game is concerned I admit to being surprised that it did turn out to be Kat as it looked like it was going to be Sabrina for awhile. This season has been so different for me. I keep flip flopping as to who I would like to win the title of sole survivor. I am not understanding why all these chances are given to make some bold moves, but it never seems to happen. Kim is definitely the leader and all the puppets seem to follow. In any other season with other players I don't know if she would be as strong as she appears to be on this one. Why people seem to be okay with her winning and the placement of themselves just does not make sense to me. What were their motives when wanting to be on Survivor? I would think each and every player came there to win, but I am not seeing anything that really shows that with the exception of Kim. So far the rest of them seem like they just wanted a chance for a vacation. Will we see some bold moves emerge? That for me is the million dollar question.
    Uncle David, ilja and Midol like this.

As far as the game is concerned I admit to being surprised that it did turn out to be Kat as it looked like it was going to be Sabrina for awhile. This season has been so different for me. I keep flip flopping as to who I would like to win the title of sole survivor. I am not understanding why all these chances are given to make some bold moves, but it never seems to happen. Kim is definitely the leader and all the puppets seem to follow. In any other season with other players I don't know if she would be as strong as she appears to be on this one. Why people seem to be okay with her winning and the placement of themselves just does not make sense to me. What were their motives when wanting to be on Survivor? I would think each and every player came there to win, but I am not seeing anything that really shows that with the exception of Kim. So far the rest of them seem like they just wanted a chance for a vacation. Will we see some bold moves emerge? That for me is the million dollar question
    I think that's why I am bored, the puppets as you say, just follow along. The funny part is, a couple of them think they are pulling the strings

I know what you mean about Kat and age, I was married at 18 and I immigrated to another country.

I didn't know until this morning, that Kat has had open heart surgery, and will have to have it done again. Maybe she knows more about health and living after all.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

In a game where the goal is to "Outwit, Outlast, Outplay" . . . Kat was handicapped going in because she HAS no "wits." And she seemed to think that the definition of "play" in Outplay is to take all your drinking buddies to a reward challenge so you can party regardless of the repercussions.

The young lady has some serious growing up to do.
    sweetpea, Uncle David and jucamer like this.

Quote Originally Posted by mushybrain View Post
    If anyone is interested, here is a link to Kat being Kat at Ponderosa.

Survivor Video - Kat arrives at Ponderosa - CBS.com
    I hate it that I can't see this in Canada. Why do they allow me to see other clips but not the Ponderosa? We used to be able to see them but not for the last few years. Ponderosa gives you an idea of the real people and how the jury might vote. Plus, it is usually fun. CBS does this for the Amazing Race too. We can't see the teams who have been kicked out anymore. I really don't understand since ABC will let us see the clips of kicked out Bachelores/ettes but not CBS. Dumb a**e*!!!
    sweetpea, Rattus and Jaceegirl like this.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

+ Reply to Thread