+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast
Like Tree369Likes

Thread: 5/2 One World Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 5/2 One World Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

She really is young, and I'm sure she's tired of hearing it. I thought Tarzan's explanation of how he wasn't offended that she didn't choose him was very gracious and pretty sensible. She is young.
    I thought Tarzan understood more than anyone.He has seen Kat, he has seen how young she is , the things she says. She has had no life experiences. I have kids in my life( not mine) a nephew , he thinks of nothing but to party. That wouldn't change if he were on that island .Thats what I think is sad, I don't know if she will come away with a different outlook on life, or an appreciation for the smaller things , like we have seen before.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion spockwhat's Avatar

That said, Kat can take who she likes. Her choice, of course, and I agree these people will see their loved ones soon enough so really there's no reason to HAVE to take someone EXCEPT game play. And that is where Kat got it wrong, IMO.
    I couldn't like this more.

I'm not sure about the age thing though... I know a lot of 18-24 year olds who don't act like that. To compare, my kids' school had a play this year... many tried out and didn't make it and handled it with class, (there's always another chance to be in a play!), and they moved on to other things. There was one spoiled 11 year old who sulked, cried and had a fit. That's who Kat reminded me of after she lost that challenge. She could have shrugged it off and vowed to herself to win the next one. Instead, she sulked. And it cost her the game.

If 11 year old girls can get it right, than a 22 year old also has the ability to do the right thing. It has more to do with character than age.

So true, spockwhat. With Kat I think I use the word young to mean immature. Age has little to do with it.

And yes, she sure was sulky. My goodness, I don't know if I could handle that all day.
    captain and Midol like this.

In her shoes I wouldn't have taken specific people because they needed to spent time with their family, but I would have taken the people who didn't get to go on reward last week. In part because it would seem like the decent thing to do, and in part because it seems like it would be more strategically advantageous.

And I could not be less impressed by her use of age as an excuse for being a d-bag. I work at a global finance firm and every year we have groups of interns her age come in to start the training for the long haul to a partnership. I have never met a single one of them who was half as self-involved as she is.
    spockwhat, jucamer, Midol and 1 others like this.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini View Post
    (I'm on UNOS, waiting for a kidney. I haven't started dialysis yet...my doctor figures I have somewhere around 8 months before it becomes a necessity, although I underwent all the training for it over a year ago. And I keep getting "whiter" the sicker I get. Then again, I've had CKD for 33 years now, so I have a really slow progression. But I'd be really upset if someone told me I was on "borrowed time"...my time is just the same as everyone else's, I just take a lot of drugs :-).)
    TripleGemini, I am so sorry about your health troubles. I hope everything turns out well for you.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    She is young. With age comes perspective. Give her 10 years (OMG, Ancient!!) and I think a lot of her choices and reactions would be different.
    I was with you completely, right up to this point. Kat seems to have an adolescent sense of entitlement, but I don't see that changing over time. At Tribal Council she kept lowering her head and shaking it while muttering something about how this isn't the way it's supposed to go. I think Kat is ill prepared for the roller-coaster of life. It's like God gave her a knife and sent her into a gun fight.

Kat is worried that people will remember her as 'the most naive person in the game'. I think she should pray that is the adjective people ascribe to her.
    sweetpea, GabbyG, Midol and 2 others like this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by mushybrain View Post
    TripleGemini, I am so sorry about your health troubles. I hope everything turns out well for you.
    I also hope everything goes well - you have such a great outlook on life TripleGemini
    TripleGemini likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    You know what disgusts me? Minimizing Christina's love for her father, and her obvious distress that he won't even live to the age of retirement. It's one thing to know that we may all go at any time, it another thing altogether knowing your expiration date. My family knows this first hand, and we can tell you that the amount of time doesn't make a damn bit of difference.
    Very well put, Uncle David. Yes, losing someone so special to you, and knowing when, is a pain that cannot be described. My heart goes out to you and your family.
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    Kat seems to have an adolescent sense of entitlement, but I don't see that changing over time. At Tribal Council she kept lowering her head and shaking it while muttering something about how this isn't the way it's supposed to go. I think Kat is ill prepared for the roller-coaster of life.
    You have a point, Uncle David. People can remain adolescent until they get old while others seem to be mature in their outlook at a very young age. I guess time will tell with her, but yes, her reaction at TC that it was all about her (her faces!) was very telling. I don't think Kat deals well with criticism, only praise. A lot of today's young people are like that, sadly. Not all, by any means, but a lot.

FORT Fan

While I can appreciate that Christina missed her Dad and Tarzan missed his wife, THEY choose to remove themselves from their families for at least 39 days. Christina knew her Dad's situation during her casting process and to pull a "borrowed time" card while you're playing the game seems disingenuous. IMO they do not deserve to see their family member any more than the next person. Everyone misses their family member and to say that because someone didn't choose them they were wrong (Sabrina) is incorrect. But that's just me.

I always thought the most fair way in that situation was to ask the contestants that were 2nd and 3rd in the race to go regardless of alliances (unless it was an obvious stupid move) because that seems the way to cause the least amount of friction.
    Hyper, Uncle David and ilja like this.

+ Reply to Thread