+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Like Tree369Likes

Thread: 5/2 One World Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Re: 5/2 One World Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

If only we could have seen the same with Colton, instead of having Bill leave.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    You know what disgusts me? Minimizing Christina's love for her father, and her obvious distress that he won't even live to the age of retirement. It's one thing to know that we may all go at any time, it another thing altogether knowing your expiration date. My family knows this first hand, and we can tell you that the amount of time doesn't make a damn bit of difference.
    Yes, thank you for saying this. I've been in both situations... watching a brother die, and having a child hit by a car (she was hurt, but no lasting injuries but we were hit hard by the reality of how we can go at any time). In any case, the true knowledge that we can go at any time didn't significantly change our perspective, but knowing the expiration date does.

Kat said something that actually made sense, and she didn't even know it! "If it works, cool beans, and if doesn't, touche." EXACTLY.

Well, actually, it was both cool beans AND touche.

I'm not understanding the Chelsea support. She defers to Kim on EVERYthing. She even asked Kim if she could jump out of the immunity challenge and waited for her permission! Also, Chelsea stated to Kim how she was nervous about voting out Sabrina because Chelsea, Sabrina and Kim have been allied since the beginning. Chelsea doesn't even see that if Kim is willing to do this to one of their three, Chelsea is also in that boat. Dumb, dumb, dumb.

I still see Kim in control and I think she did something this vote that showed she is really a great leader... she isn't stubborn about her power. She saw what her tribemates wanted and she went along to keep them happy. I agree with her though, Sabrina was a better choice. With one vote against her, I wonder if Sabrina will get wind of the fact that she was the other person considered for the vote... that may make for a dangerous Sabrina. Could be interesting.

One last note: Kim dropped the Rob Mariano smirky smile this evening, but if you watched a little earlier in the show, you'll see she gained his moustache! That's just plain mean, but I thought it was kind of funny.

Still Kim for the win on my part.
    march, mushybrain, Alexxxx and 3 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    Yes, thank you for saying this. I've been in both situations... watching a brother die, and having a child hit by a car (she was hurt, but no lasting injuries but we were hit hard by the reality of how we can go at any time). In any case, the true knowledge that we can go at any time didn't significantly change our perspective, but knowing the expiration date does.

Kat said something that actually made sense, and she didn't even know it! "If it works, cool beans, and if doesn't, touche." EXACTLY.

Well, actually, it was both cool beans AND touche.

I'm not understanding the Chelsea support. She defers to Kim on EVERYthing. She even asked Kim if she could jump out of the immunity challenge and waited for her permission! Also, Chelsea stated to Kim how she was nervous about voting out Sabrina because Chelsea, Sabrina and Kim have been allied since the beginning. Chelsea doesn't even see that if Kim is willing to do this to one of their three, Chelsea is also in that boat. Dumb, dumb, dumb.

I still see Kim in control and I think she did something this vote that showed she is really a great leader... she isn't stubborn about her power. She saw what her tribemates wanted and she went along to keep them happy. I agree with her though, Sabrina was a better choice. With one vote against her, I wonder if Sabrina will get wind of the fact that she was the other person considered for the vote... that may make for a dangerous Sabrina. Could be interesting.

One last note: Kim dropped the Rob Mariano smirky smile this evening, but if you watched a little earlier in the show, you'll see she gained his moustache! That's just plain mean, but I thought it was kind of funny.

Still Kim for the win on my part.
    but this is exactly how Chelsa will take the win from Kim IMO Chelsa reaps the rewards while Kim gets the praise and the blame..so she bids her time and kisses Kim's behind and will sneak up and stab her in the back in the end
    Footballmom likes this.
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    but this is exactly how Chelsa will take the win from Kim IMO Chelsa reaps the rewards while Kim gets the praise and the blame..so she bids her time and kisses Kim's behind and will sneak up and stab her in the back in the end
    It is possible. We saw that happen on Hantz's season. However, Russel Hantz was such a villian, it was easy for the jury to vote that way. Kim isn't playing by creating "chaos" and by being on a power trip. We've seen the power players win this game too. (Mariano, J.T, Tom Westman, Etc.)

Typically, we've seen women win by being the the one to "reap the rewards" of a stronger player playing the game harder. And typically, we've seen men take control of the game and make it to the end to be justly rewarded for their gameplay. The real question is, can a woman play this game as the leader throughout and win with a jury? I hope so, otherwise it reeks of something besides bitter jury.
    Midol likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    If only we could have seen the same with Colton, instead of having Bill leave.
    that would have been fabulous!!!
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I should add that women HAVE won who played strongly and powerfully (not UTR)... but rarely were they leaders from the beginning of the game, and never have they simply voted out the opposition (men) so deftly. This season is a unique situation.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I've noticed Kim's moustache for a few episodes now. I can picture her twirling it like a villain in an old-time movie when she's discussing her strategy. lol!

It's amazing how delusional this group of women are. They all think they're the one in control but unless your name is Kim, you are not the one calling the shots. I guess that's how Kim has been so successful at keeping the women from aligning with the men. Each one of them thinks they're running the game so they have no need to scramble when in reality, they're being played HARD.

Kim is definitely one of the most savvy Survivor players in a while. She really knows how to read people and how to get them to do what she wants without coming off as a threat herself or appearing to be manipulative. I don't see how anyone but her could win this season now and she deserves the money for her excellent gameplay. If Kim doesn't win, it will only be because of a bitter jury.
    Arielflies, spockwhat and Alexxxx like this.

Quote Originally Posted by maul52 View Post
    Living on borrowed time? He had a kidney transplant not terminal cancer! Didn't Christina say herself that he might only have 5 or 10 years left? Heck, any one of us might have fewer years than that. If he was so sick he would have been back home in the hospital like Jenna Morasca's mom during the All Star season.

This episode & people's reaction to it disgust me!
    People take others on their reward for all types of reasons. I think Kat looked at Kim as a sister ( it strikes me Kat doesn't have a great family life) so its possible she doesn't know what its like to be close to one's father( Like Christiana) she did say 5-10 years. I probably would have taken them I don't know. I wouldn't have taken Tarzan like Sabrina suggested! If Christiana was so worried about her dad, and how long he had to live, maybe she shouldn't have left him to play this game? .
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    Having a friend who has had a kidney transplant (BTW, he is now 82, got it at 76, and while this would DQ him from the show, he could hold his own otherwise if he competed), I can see why Christina says that. Kidneys have unfortunately a moderate amount of rejection, even if in good health and taking all the medicines properly.

And anyone who has experienced any family member with something like this - seen the suffering (again I saw this with my friend, his skin looked like cocoa powder before the transplant now it looks like Dove chocolate), and knowing that the odds of getting a transplant aren't as high as people would like to be, I can see why she used "borrowed time.
    Acute rejection occurs in 10%-30% of all kidney transplants, but 50-60% of all liver transplants. You can see the OPTN (Organ Procurement and Transplantation Network) Annual Report for 2010 at Adjusted Kidney Graft Survival, Kidney-Pancreas Survival - 2011 OPTN/SRTR Annual Report, Transplant Data, which covers kidney graft survival at various time periods.

Transplanted kidneys typically last 20-25 years. Because your kidneys filter everything, the drugs used to fight rejection tend to wear down the transplanted kidney.

(I'm on UNOS, waiting for a kidney. I haven't started dialysis yet...my doctor figures I have somewhere around 8 months before it becomes a necessity, although I underwent all the training for it over a year ago. And I keep getting "whiter" the sicker I get. Then again, I've had CKD for 33 years now, so I have a really slow progression. But I'd be really upset if someone told me I was on "borrowed time"...my time is just the same as everyone else's, I just take a lot of drugs :-).)
    Jaceegirl likes this.

I honestly think Kat's first reaction was "What? Drinks!? P-A-R-T-Y! I don't want to have fun with Dr. Poopy Pants and his old wife or useless Christina and her sick Dad! UGH! I'm gonna take Alicia cause she sure looks like she can party, and I'll take Kim cause she's the one telling me what to do even though everyone knows I'm in charge! Me! ME ME ME!! Drinks!! Cool Beans!"

Silly Kat.

I don't think anyone can truly comment on a situation like Christina's with her dad unless they have been there. We just don't know the situation well enough, although we can certainly surmise. Having had a dad die from cancer, I know how you feel like you're living on borrowed time, and I know how easily emotions can surface just imagining what could happen. I don't think she was worried about him dying while she was on Survivor, but sometimes just the thought of the future, of what could happen, of how plans and ideas get thrown out the window because of an illness, of how it can change a person and a family, who they are...well, I will give her a pass on this one.

That said, Kat can take who she likes. Her choice, of course, and I agree these people will see their loved ones soon enough so really there's no reason to HAVE to take someone EXCEPT game play. And that is where Kat got it wrong, IMO.

Her eyerolls and defensiveness at TC because it was "all about her" were so funny. She really is young, and I'm sure she's tired of hearing it. I thought Tarzan's explanation of how he wasn't offended that she didn't choose him was very gracious and pretty sensible. She is young. With age comes perspective. Give her 10 years (OMG, Ancient!!) and I think a lot of her choices and reactions would be different.
    spockwhat and ilja like this.

+ Reply to Thread