+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617 LastLast
Like Tree369Likes

Thread: 5/2 One World Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Re: 5/2 One World Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Darn - Ponderosa video won't run here at work - all I get is the "mayhem, like me" commercial and a blank screen. Guess I'll have to wait until I get home for the fun.

I have to say that this was one of the few episodes this season that I really enjoyed. I guess Kat doesn't think blindsides are all that funny or exciting when it happens to her.

I'm very neutral about this season though. As long as it isn't that vile Alisha, I don't really care who wins. I think this is the first time I've watched Survivor that I didn't have a strong favorite. It's been kind of strange for me. Maybe the shine has worn off.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

I'm very neutral about this season though. As long as it isn't that vile Alisha, I don't really care who wins. I think this is the first time I've watched Survivor that I didn't have a strong favorite. It's been kind of strange for me. Maybe the shine has worn off.
    I feel the same way .I think Alicia will hang in there until the F4. I do not think she could win this. I also don't have a favorite, although if I had to choose one player - it would be Tarzan.
    Last edited by Fanny Mare; 05-03-2012 at 07:13 PM.
    Uncle David and Coco46 like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I thought it interesting that Kat was upset because she thought she was voted out because the others didn't "like" her. She seemed unable to understand that Survivor is a game with a $1,000,000 prize. At this point in the game who you "like" is no longer relevant.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

Quote Originally Posted by mushybrain View Post
    If anyone is interested, here is a link to Kat being Kat at Ponderosa.

Survivor Video - Kat arrives at Ponderosa - CBS.com
    Wow. Hers was the biggest blindside ever? She has a lot of growing up to do.

Kat reminds me of a girl that used to work for me. She is 24 and a single mom. Her attitude is one of whatever makes me happy is good but if you do the same you are bad. Gets mad at her boyfriend and goes out with an ex but if he friends a female on facebook, she freaks out on him. The only way I see her growing up is the real world smacking her in the face....I think it will be the same for Kat.
    Kocky_Kamikaze and Midol like this.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Kat was getting very arrogant thinking she was running the ship. You could literally see her smirking during tribal council. So glad she was blindsided. Her Ponderosa clip reminds me of a little kid having a temper tantrum.

Alicia is delusion thinking she is running the ship.

So, glad Kat was auffed before Tarzan and Christina. Hope the same happens to Alicia.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Christina knew her Dad's situation during her casting process and to pull a "borrowed time" card while you're playing the game seems disingenuous.
    That's the thing though. She didn't use that excuse as a way to influence Kat to take her, she mentioned it in a PI.
    Midol likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood View Post

Kat reminds me of a girl that used to work for me. She is 24 and a single mom. Her attitude is one of whatever makes me happy is good but if you do the same you are bad. Gets mad at her boyfriend and goes out with an ex but if he friends a female on facebook, she freaks out on him. The only way I see her growing up is the real world smacking her in the face....I think it will be the same for Kat.
    I think she'll have to try and explain to cemetary worker James (2 HII's and voted out), Erik (blew his final four shot by giving away his immunity), Ozzy and a few others who have had a HII on them that her blindside was bigger than theirs.

Because honestly, I think all of them were truer blindsides, and unlike her, all of them were upset, but then went "Well, it's my fault" or even a "well played" attitude. (In particular, I think James' humbled attitude at being ousted with the two HII's - and he admitting it - is why I wasn't too upset that he won fan favorite that year, same the following time because he took his being medically evac'd in stride too).

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood View Post

What killed me was that she completely disregarded Jay when after she was wailing about her blindside he said something like what about MY BLINDSIDE?? And OF COURSE she didn't even consider that she had a hand in voting out all those guys as well! How dare she seek and take sympathy from them! He should've humbled herself.

When she mentioned that living on the island felt home to her and that she didn't want to go back to reality made me wonder how from from reality was she?? Reminded me of the old Tom Hanks movie, Dungeons and Dragons. He lost touch of reality when he was playing the game. I have a feeling she'd be a cult leader's dream follower.
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kocky_Kamikaze View Post
    What killed me was that she completely disregarded Jay when after she was wailing about her blindside he said something like what about MY BLINDSIDE?? And OF COURSE she didn't even consider that she had a hand in voting out all those guys as well! How dare she seek and take sympathy from them! He should've humbled herself.

When she mentioned that living on the island felt home to her and that she didn't want to go back to reality made me wonder how from from reality was she?? Reminded me of the old Tom Hanks movie, Dungeons and Dragons. He lost touch of reality when he was playing the game. I have a feeling she'd be a cult leader's dream follower.
    Mazes and Monsters?? I can see your feelings about Kat in her own little world.. look how she was with her cousin, to me that was all sorts of odd. I am glad she was blindsided, she needed a kick and a dose of reality. She needs to grow up.. and think out side her bubble.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

+ Reply to Thread