+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617 LastLast
Like Tree369Likes

Thread: 5/2 One World Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 5/2 One World Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx View Post
    Last night's move benefitted Kim as much as anyone else on the tribe, and Kim doesn't have to take the blame.
    In the Ponderosa clip Kat made it very clear she considers Kim to be the reason, so Kim will take the blame whether she should or not since only Kat's opinion about that matters. For one thing, Kat has found a soulmate in Troy who is also actively gunning for Kim.

Last night's move benefited Kim as much as anyone else on the tribe, and Kim doesn't have to take the blame.
    On the way to Ponderosa, Kat was asked who she felt most let down by and she sobbed "Kim".
    She also blubbered about Kim to Troy on arrival and he said "we talked about this".

Kim is worried about the ones who can "express" themselves at the Final TC, and who is "well liked". I think she may be in for some surprises.

ETA: Ooops ! In sync. with Brooks
    Uncle David likes this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by mushybrain View Post
    If anyone is interested, here is a link to Kat being Kat at Ponderosa.

Survivor Video - Kat arrives at Ponderosa - CBS.com
    Thanks for this mushybrain. I did not know about this before and all this time I had no idea where they went after being eliminated. I learn something new all the time.
    sweetpea likes this.

mushybrain, Fanny Mare, and Jaceegirl: Thanks for the well wishes! I'm hoping I can find a live donor before I need to start dialysis, just so I'm not beholden to the dratted machine. But we'll see :-) (My mantra is "Playing the hand I was dealt". This is part of who I am, just like my blue eyes. I choose to have a good attitude about it because the alternative sucks and would make life miserable for anyone who is involved with me. I've seen people like that, and I don't like being around them.)

Back to Survivor...I keep thinking that all those who think they are in charge will get rid of Kim at some point. She has to be considered a threat. That said, it could be part of the reason that Kim went along with Christina in voting Kat out...Kim can't be considered to be the true leader if Christina controlled last night's vote.
    spockwhat and Jaceegirl like this.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
    I think what was important about Kat's choices was that others had strong opinions about it, not really whether those opinions were justified. Some were strongly gunning for Kat because of it and that's something that can be exploited. (It's also possible some of the contestants were just sucking up to Tarzan and Christina.) It gave other folks a reason to join in voting her off. So if Kim makes it to F3, and Kat is bound to attack her on it, Kim can point back to the consensus at camp that Kat made the wrong decision and Kim didn't really have a choice about it.

Kim's whining on the first Ponderosa clip is amazing. At least to the extent I could understand it. I needed subtitles, LOL.
    Kat's not going to call her on it! All Kat is going to do is whine "why did you vote me off?????" thru her crocodile tears! She is beyond pathetic. I do not, to this day, understand WTF the producers were thinking when they cast her in the first place!!!
    Last edited by Critical; 05-13-2012 at 05:33 PM. Reason: removing color text tags
    Alexxxx likes this.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M View Post
    Kat's not going to call her on it! All Kat is going to do is whine "why did you vote me off?????" thru her crocodile tears!
    What I meant is I doubt Kat will vote for Kim because Kat holds Kim too personally responsible for her having been booted. Kim isn't likely to convince Kat that she had no option last evening, if Kat even bothers to ask her.
    Midol likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaceegirl View Post
    I did not know about this before and all this time I had no idea where they went after being eliminated.
    Ponderosa is only for the jury. Everyone before that is at some other Loser Lodge. No one is allowed to go home early because that would signal too much about boot order.

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    Maybe I'm hard-hearted but this close to the end, I wouldn't take someone on reward just to spend time with their loved one, no matter what their sob story is, because time is running out and they'll all be with their family members again pretty soon. I would take the people on reward that I want to go to final three with to keep my alliance with them solid.
    I think Kat made a big mistake here, and maybe Sabrina played a good bit of game in there, too. They've already mentioned to Troy, and it still stands, that if you want the jurt to vote for you, you also have to be somewhat likeable. Sometimes it's good to be selfish, at other times it's good to show compassion. Sabrina was very clear that she would have allowed Tarzan and Christina to go to the reward and would even give away her spot for them, and even Chelsea agreed with her. This can work in endearing her to both Tarzan and Christina, allowing for a possible alliance, and possible jury votes in a final TC. Note also that she was the first to point out at TC that she and others wanted Tarzan to go on the reward. The jury had so far been all men, so showing good will towards Tarzan could also play to them seeing her with good eyes. Honestly, if she did all that on purpose, then I'm impressed.

I think knowing who to take on a reward can be of great strategic advantage if you play your cards right. Remember in Fiji, when Cassandra won the same type of challenge they did last week, the "what your tribe thinks about you" challenge, by answering every question correctly (thus showing that she kept her ears open and knew what was going down)? She was allowed to take three people in the reward, and she chose Yau-Man for being in her alliance and feeling he deserved a good time, then Boo in hopes of gettig him to join their alliance, and then Dreamz to keep an eye on him and try to get a sense of just where he stood, and all the while Earl completely understood that the main reason she did not take him was so he could stay behind and keep an eye on things at camp. To me, that's a great example of strategic thinking in regards to taking people along on rewards, something that both Kim and Kat completely failed at, the difference being that at least Kim understood that she messed up, whereas Kat did not.
    sweetpea, spockwhat, ilja and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe View Post
    If I were Kat I would have asked the 2nd place person if they want me to select them or they can choose whoever they want to come with me in their stead. Then ask the 3rd place person to do the same. Put the pressure on them. Turn the tables around. That way I do not have to hurt people's feelings. It is a very strategic move as people will not know your true alliances but it puts the 2nd and 3rd place finishers into a tougher situation.
    My thoughts were the same. I was surprised that Kim especially did not do that. She decided to do damage control later and that resulted in her going against her initial instinct of voting Sabrina out. She wanted to take Kat to the end so she would have a greater chance at winning. It may not matter in the end, but it does change what her initial plan was in the beginning.

What a big blindside. As that she did not see that coming at all. And just really took it hard!
    Happy New Year 2015!

+ Reply to Thread