+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree158Likes

Thread: 4/25 One World Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 4/25 One World Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by holly71 View Post
    Kim wishes she had 1/10th of BR's charisma! She just lucked out that she got cast on a season full of morons. If she had to play with people that had more than 1 lonely brain cell to share among themselves, they would have ousted the queen from her throne weeks ago!
    As much as I personally love him, Boston Rob's bunch weren't exactly rocket scientists either, but I do agree that he has more charisma than Kim seems to. He had much better sound bites and showed more humour than Kim has thus far, but you never know with edited shows.
    jucamer likes this.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

Every week when I see everyone declare that Christina must go or shouldnt even be there, I have to ask myself am I missing something? Christina seems nice enough--certainly nicer than Colton Tarzan or Alicia--so why this flat out dislike for her?
    And to hear the mighty mouth Alicia patronize Christina with talk of being like her 'special needs' students, makes me want to see her gone immediately!

Ugh, I don't even like to hear Kim's name mentioned along with Boston Rob, who IMO is the best Survivor contestant ever. Kim is just going to be another forgettable pretty-face winner, like that chick who won Russell's first season (whose name I cannot recall for the life of me) and, for that matter, Amber - who no one would remember if not for her hookup with Rob. At least Parvati had some personality...even if I didn't like it. Kim reminds me of Amanda, who I remember only for her multiple appearances.
    sweetpea, Midol, Jaceegirl and 1 others like this.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by Megatron View Post

How can Alicia be THIS fat, this last in the game still? I think it's clear that people are WAY too healthy and well fed in survivor still because in past seasons, you had fat people have loose skin.
    I have to defend Alicia for a moment. She's in no way "fat". She has pretty generous thighs but I would never describe her as overweight. Chelsea has a fake rack and is a size that teen girls aspire to but shouldn't be an ideal. (Kim, on the other hand, has the figure of a 12-year-old boy). I totally agree that in the last few seasons the contestants are not "surviving" and it shows in their body size as the weeks go by. It's become a camp-out version of Big Brother.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    Ugh, I don't even like to hear Kim's name mentioned along with Boston Rob, who IMO is the best Survivor contestant ever. Kim is just going to be another forgettable pretty-face winner, like that chick who won Russell's first season (whose name I cannot recall for the life of me) and, for that matter, Amber - who no one would remember if not for her hookup with Rob. At least Parvati had some personality...even if I didn't like it. Kim reminds me of Amanda, who I remember only for her multiple appearances.
    Kim seems to be walking through the game. Maybe its the editing. I wish they would blindside Alicia - she is far too smug and bitchy
    sweetpea and Midol like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by holly71 View Post
    Kim wishes she had 1/10th of BR's charisma! She just lucked out that she got cast on a season full of morons. If she had to play with people that had more than 1 lonely brain cell to share among themselves, they would have ousted the queen from her throne weeks ago!
    Well, let's be fair here, Rob Mariano also lucked out in this way. With Kim, at least she had a couple people trying to play the game against her (Troy put up a big fight) and odds were still stacked against her since day one with the troubles in the women tribe, until the men's fumble of giving up tribal immunity turned things around for her, but she still had to work for it. Rob Mariano lucked out in that the extremely few people who actually tried to play the game in RE were voted out the first couple of tribal councils, and rather similarly in AS too, though it did take a bit more time, andd I very rarely ever saw him actually do something strategic. The times he actually played against people who were really putting effort, he didn't even make the merge. That's why I see Kim as a better player in just one season than that overrated Mariano tried to show in four seasons. And personally, I never saw why people find him so charismatic, I've hated him since Marquesas.
    captain, march, scoot13 and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rembrant View Post
    I very rarely ever saw him actually do something strategic.
    I thought the most strategic thing he did, and one of the funniest moves ever, was conning them into the buddy system so they would rat out anyone who attempted a coup.
    Moontat, JavaJo and Midol like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
    I thought the most strategic thing he did, and one of the funniest moves ever, was conning them into the buddy system so they would rat out anyone who attempted a coup.
    I loved BR. Hubby and I cheered him on every single time.
    sweetpea, Moontat, Midol and 1 others like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
    Ironically, that was one of the parts that really resonated with me as to those people being the absolute stupidest group of people ever to play Survivor. People say this current cast are stupid, but those people just went into full mental hibernation. At least this is Kim's first time playing, but that was Mariano's fourth time playing, and it made me want to bash my head on the wall to see these people allow him to order them around and walk all over them.
    march and Arielflies like this.

I like Kim's game, just because the people playing the game are not doing what we want them to do, does not make them dumb....We are arm side quarterbacks who see what they don't see, it's takes a good player to have such mind control of a group of people who all thinks they are that person's F3 or F2........
    Alexxxx likes this.

+ Reply to Thread