+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast
Like Tree129Likes

Thread: 4/18 One World Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Re: 4/18 One World Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    . . . someone who has been burned bad by a woman and doesn't seem to hold a very high opinion of them. They were stupid to cheer and scream for anyone but him, obviously making him feel like an outsider . . .
    When Troy made his comments, I turned to my hubby and said, "Wow . . . that must have been some bitter divorce." Maybe the planning and scheming and shutting him out by the women are bringing up some VERY difficult memories that's battling, on top of the stress of the game. He may still be a jerk for all we know, but he could also just be reacting to something very hurtful in his past.

I like the fact that he's not giving up. He knows that sneaking around to the weaker tribe members isn't enough, so he's laying it all out to the strong women that he's not conceding anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Frankly ,he took up a space of someone that wanted to actually play the game. If he wanted to sleep under the stars he could have pitched a tent somewhere
    I still think Leif's problem was getting too close to Bill and then letting the others know that. By the way the others reacted to it, it destroyed any chance at a social game for him. Plus he was actively bullied by some of them. No one put in more effort on the physical challenges than he did and he was a real work horse. I think he had to go UTR and as such he was still much more of a player than so many other UTR survivors.
    Last edited by Brooks; 04-20-2012 at 09:35 AM.
    Shoepie likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
    I still think Leif's problem was getting too close to Bill and then letting the others know that. By the way the others reacted to it, it destroyed any chance at a social game for him. Plus he was actively bullied by some of them. No one put in more effort on the physical challenges than he did and he was a real work horse. I think he had to go UTR and as such he was still much more of a player than so many other UTR survivors.
    I didn't see him bullied but I do agree his friendship with Bill damaged his credibility with his alliance eary on. That said, I think the outcome would have been the same. The division on the men's team left them powerless.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I didn't see him bullied
    Colton treated him with incredible disdain - what was that horrid term he used (that conjured up little orange/green men)? Tarzan bullied him both physically and emotionally - there was a scene where he hovered over Leif menacingly and demanded loudly that Leif vote a certain way. I think there were other situations as well.

While I do think Troyzan was over the top with his comments and such after winning that immunity, I can understand it with all the comments made about him.

That said... he will have to hope now that if he makes the final three that it's majority men, because he's hurting his chances at the million. The people he's still playing with - many will end up on the jury. You don't want to totally PO potential jurors.

There are still enough men that if the women do manage to wise up, they'll realize that they will need to vote out a few women in order to have enough on the jury who will vote a woman no matter what happened to win.

If a guy makes final three save probably Tarzan, they will win over just about any woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
    Colton treated him with incredible disdain - what was that horrid term he used (that conjured up little orange/green men)? Tarzan bullied him both physically and emotionally - there was a scene where he hovered over Leif menacingly and demanded loudly that Leif vote a certain way. I think there were other situations as well.
    Leif was a floater who did what he was told .We have them every season. I doubt that his friendship with Bill had any impact on is leaving.I never saw him bullied though
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I doubt that his friendship with Bill had any impact on his leaving.
    I think it limited his options for a social game after that. It wasn't just that he warned Bill, he carelessly admitted to having established a special friendship with Bill, the enemy. When Tarzan learned that it looked for sure as though Leif was going home that night, because that kind of traiter behavior simply couldn't be tolerated! (I believe that was another instance when Tarzan used his vertical superiority to try to physically intimidate Leif, which is a form of bullying and not the only time he did it.) Leif stayed because he wasn't Colton's target that night.

Colton referred to Leif as an "Oompaloompa" I believe.

Perhaps watching Charlie and the Chocolate Factory is about as close as Colton has gotten to someone of Leif's stature.

The nice thing was, as UTR as he was around camp and with strategy, I'm confident Leif could kick Colton's butt in any physical challenge.
    AZChristian and jucamer like this.

I'm confident Leif could kick Colton's butt in any physical challenge
    I could as well
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I could be wrong, but I doubt that Tarzan was thinking about anything other than saving himself when he wrote down Leif's name. They both knew going into TC that unless both Christina and Alicia flipped and voted for Kim that one of them was the next to go. Therefore, Tarzan wrote down Leif's name. I also think that Tarzan had been told before TC that Leif was going next. They may have promised him a few more days if he would go along and vote for Leif as well.

I assume that it was Kim who told half of the women to vote for Tarzan and half to vote for Leif. If she made a deal with Tarzan for him to vote for Leif, then in essence his vote is the one that sealed Leif's fate. They probably also split the vote just in case either Leif or Tarzan played the HII. I don't think that Tarzan ever seriously considered joining with Troy to write down Kim's name. His strategy seems to be "anyone but me". He just bought himself a few more days on the island.
    Shoepie and rfromp like this.

+ Reply to Thread