+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree143Likes

Thread: 4/11 One World Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 4/11 One World Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    You need to get out of my mind.....I was just thinking about all the comments and we do not want a boring season, but when the drama starts we complain about it. We cannot have it both ways. It is just not Survivor with this problem but all reality tv shows.
    Folks were nit picking Once Upon A Time so much that I am staying away a bit from that thread. I mean the show has only been on the air for not one season and folks are dissecting each episode like it is a case for CSI. I do understand that in a 22 episode season not every episode is going to be brilliant or further your favorite story arc. But people just can't sit back and enjoy the journey/season. There recently was an article in one of the many sites I visit that mentioned that cable seems to be better quality because they can put pure story into a shorter amount of episodes. That being said even broadcast networks are considering shorter seasons for series with "very famous stars" so they aren't contracted to regular TV series 9 months out of the year. I for one would rather have a series do 10 very good episodes then a 22 episode season with half the shows kinda crappy.

That being said I rather sit back and simply enjoy a bunch of folks starving ( I do wish it were harder for then food wise) and conniving on a beach far, far away. The only thing that would really make it perfect if it was on a really hot evening, Swinging on my front porch with a nice vodka cooler in my hand.
    captain, Shoepie and Megatron like this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by mountaingirl70 View Post
    I totally agree, Fanny Mare! It was as if the men did not respect the game, hence the essence of survivor was lost. They boiled it down to a popularity contest led by a bigot, under the pretense of a "betrayal". Wow, these last 2 seasons have been a bust for me.
    Yup! completely agree
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

PWS
    FORT Fogey

For those who haven't seen Kim as in control, they've been showing her being in charge of who to evict for weeks now. But she does not make a 'deal" of being the boss, like many of the past "leaders" (mostly male) did. She's kind of an UTR leader, to avoid being set up as a target. She doesn't show herself as an immunity threat...but the person she wants to leave, leaves, and she understands how to avoid having a blindside backfire due to a HI. I think that last explains some of the odd minority votes in the past... those were in case of an HI, and I bet t hose folks were following her instructions.
    As you can tell, I"m impressed with her game.
    While logically the people at the bottom of the pile should rally the other bottom dwellers to revolt while they have the numbers I imagine that none of them want to be seen as a troublemaker and be the next one out. For example, this coming week if Troyzan wins immunity someone from the bottom dwellers is going home. No one wants to be that person, so they go along.
    Kat was smart this week.
    My F3 of worthy people would be Kim, Sabrina and ???. Another woman, not Alicia. Kat and (what's her name, the woman I have trouble telling from Kim, who won immunity this week) conribute in physical challenges, Christine in puzzles, so I'd be ok with any of them.
    I agree that Sab's giving the idol to Colton caused disruption and the expulsion of strong men far beyond Sab's wildest dreams... but she did foresee something like that happening.
    I wish they would show why people don't like Christina and Leif...they have no problem showing what is wrong with Tarzan. I like both C and L. Leif gives every challenge his all. In fact I wouldn't mind if he were in the F3 except that it might wreck Kim's plan. So far I'm thinking Kim should win, but her minions could still turn on her.
    sweetpea and Alexxxx like this.

I'm enjoying this season. We had the bickering, the villain drama nd now the scheming game play. For me, this season has elements I haven't seen in the past several seasons. All I'm missing is a revolt and I feel that might be coming soon.
    NFL1, Shoepie, Arielflies and 1 others like this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

I'm one of the people who said this was a boring season. I LOVE drama believe me but Colton was in a class all by himself (well sometimes with Alicia as well). I thought Courtney from The Bachelor had the crown but IMO, he is the most vile & disgusting human being on any reality show I've ever seen. Since he left the show (and I am SO glad he did) it has been a snoozefest. I keep hoping for someone to switch alliances or do something to backstab and/or blindside. Maybe the reason I find this season boring is I really don't like anyone enough to root for?

I think my problem is, I was so invested in BRob winning his season (love that guy!), then really didn't care for anyone last season (even Sophie ticked me off by the end) and now this season, I'm just meh on pretty much everyone.
    jucamer and Jaceegirl like this.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    I think my problem is, I was so invested in BRob winning his season (love that guy!), then really didn't care for anyone last season (even Sophie ticked me off by the end) and now this season, I'm just meh on pretty much everyone.
    Rob has that smile and that twinkle in his eye. This lot are jut meh for me
    sweetpea and Jaceegirl like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    That being said I rather sit back and simply enjoy a bunch of folks starving ( I do wish it were harder for then food wise) and conniving on a beach far, far away. The only thing that would really make it perfect if it was on a really hot evening, Swinging on my front porch with a nice vodka cooler in my hand.
    I strongly agree with this last part. Before, they rarely had food challenges until the merge and then individual reward. You almost never saw this pre-merge. Back then, the mere choice of people to take on Food rewards caused enough anger to break alliances.
    Shoepie likes this.

FORT Fogey

The show has changed in many disappointing ways but I like this season, so far. I think there is promise for some interesting dynamics.
    Megatron and Photobabe like this.

I hope Troy manages to stay in for awhile, as I see him offering up the most challenges to Kim and her group. We also might get a split between the women at some point, which could be interesting. I wish Leif and Christina were more dynamic players. Leif doesn't seem to have a strategic bone in his body, although he does give his all at the challenges.
    jucamer likes this.

+ Reply to Thread