Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
Like Tree128Likes

Thread: 4/4 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 4/4 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

This is such a frustrating season.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    You are only helpless while your nail polish is wet. Even then, you could pull a trigger if you had to.
    I posted that on my FB yesterday, too. And as a 65-year-old woman with a concealed carry, it rings true.

I really don't get the idea that Kim is using the all-girl alliance idea to hide behind, or because she is acting the victim. I honestly think she made the initial alliance with the girls because that's the hand they were dealt with the way the tribes were decided. That initial alliance remains a viable and strong path for her to take, if she chooses. Why does she have to be deemed weak or insecure if she chooses to stick with her initial alliance? I honestly don't understand.

It's not like they have spent their time cackling with each other and miming the 'stir the pot' scene from Macbeth like Parvati's all girl alliance did. If anything, I really think Kim is thinking hard about what path is the best one to take. We'll see, I guess, whether she makes the right choice.
    spockwhat and Midol like this.

At this point in the game I see that Kim is thinking multiple possibilities and she is able to get people do to what she wants after all Jay voted Mike out and he didn't want to.
    spockwhat and Midol like this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    At this point in the game I see that Kim is thinking multiple possibilities and she is able to get people do to what she wants after all Jay voted Mike out and he didn't want to.
    You might see it that way, but I'm not sure Kim does.

To Sabrina about the Final Three... Kim: "It HAS to be all girls!"
    To Sabrina about the next Tribal Council... Kim: "We get rid of Mike, and then we've got six girls and four boys... and we just annihilate them."
    To the producer... Kim: "The girls are already in the majority, so, if we can get a united front and come together we can start sending these guys home."
    After the Immunity Challenge to the producer... Kim: "Right now I'm straddling two alliances. I have an all women's alliance, and I have my Salani alliance with Troy, Jay and Mike. But now, I feel like it's time for the girls to take over this game.
    To Chelsea and Sabrina about Tribal... Kim: We cannot send a girl home tonight.

In her final confessional she made noise about options, but we all know that's just for the producers so they can try to edit some drama into a foregone conclusion.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Personally, I could care less if it's an all-girl or all-guy alliance. I often wonder why that seems to be an idea so many of the women on Survivor think, in a lot of seasons.
    I don't think it's good or bad, just beyond me.

And to AZChristian, you're so lucky to have a concealed weapon certification. Heck, here in Calif, they're making it more and more difficult to even get a gun, let alone get a concealed weapon permit. Such a different country than when I was young.
    AZChristian likes this.

FORT Regular

Said it before and I'll say it again: women are generally deemed to be weaker in survivor, and more worthless. So if a few girls go to the end with a strong and likable guy, they will not win unless they did something freaking exceptional. On the other hand, guys aren't going to view women as a threat unless they're strategizing like crazy. So they will pull a russell and take those weak little girls to the end.

And this is why you see girls trying to stick together while the guys ... Well, either they show their loyalty to the brotherhood (BB is famous for the bros before hos line, but it certainly happens on Survivor too) or they play strategy by taking along someone who did next to nothing. Generally a woman.

But when the guys pick all the girls off and play the "sorry these guys were in my alliance forever so I have to vote you out" game, no one questions their actions or says it has anything to do with gender. And of course it does. Just as much as when women vote out the men they didn't bond so well with. But no one says it's a boy power thing. It just becomes, of course the strong guys deserve it! Of course they should stick together!
    Brooks likes this.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, 7up Pinball Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    I really don't get the idea that Kim is using the all-girl alliance idea to hide behind, or because she is acting the victim. I honestly think she made the initial alliance with the girls because that's the hand they were dealt with the way the tribes were decided. That initial alliance remains a viable and strong path for her to take, if she chooses. Why does she have to be deemed weak or insecure if she chooses to stick with her initial alliance? I honestly don't understand.

It's not like they have spent their time cackling with each other and miming the 'stir the pot' scene from Macbeth like Parvati's all girl alliance did. If anything, I really think Kim is thinking hard about what path is the best one to take. We'll see, I guess, whether she makes the right choice.
    It actually irritates me that people are taking away from Kim's game... deeming her weak and insecure.
    When Rob kept droopy drawers around to take to the final three, it was decided it was smart. When Kim makes the decision to stay with the people she has trusted from the beginning of the game, she's weak. She's playing a smart, solid, and strategic game... she proved it when she was able to take out one of the other tribe last week and he was one of the men.
    There's definitely a gender bias here, but it's not Kim who's guilty!

As for convincing Troyzan that Mike was turning against him... she knew about how the men's old tribe was fractured and took advantage. Troyzan did not trust Mike because of their previous relationship and Kim saw that and gave herself two very viable options.... she chose the one that she believed would take her to the end.
    Yes, the one she chose happens to be all women and she emphasizes gender to her other female tribemates, because she must emphasize their solidarity... underlining the trust they have between them.

Next week is a pivotal week. If she could have convinced Jay and Mike to take out Leif or Tarzan, I think she should have done that first. However, she drew her line, and has an idol to back her up. It will be interesting to see what goes down next week. Alicia is particularly dangerous... she wants to align with men and prefers to, and has said so. Just because. Now that's a woman who is weak and INSECURE!
    Last edited by spockwhat; 04-06-2012 at 08:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    Shane and his fake Blackberry. And HIS stump. What a nut he was.

Annnd here goes Tarzan on one of his rants...the game is afoot! Again!
    I can't even imagine Tarzan operating on me (he says he's a plastic surgeon). Wonder if he will even have any business at all once he's done with Survivor???

Quote Originally Posted by Holly in SoCal View Post
    I can't even imagine Tarzan operating on me (he says he's a plastic surgeon). Wonder if he will even have any business at all once he's done with Survivor???
    He's quite the people person. Maybe he'll go into counseling. ;^)

+ Reply to Thread