+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast
Like Tree128Likes

Thread: 4/4 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Re: 4/4 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Yep, it's turned into Big Brother without the Big Brother house.
    holly71, Lil Bit and lopevian like this.

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    I can't think of many men's alliances, actually. There was the threesome of Butch, Rob, and Matt in Amazon around the F5 when it came to voting Heidi out. But Jenna won the last two immunities which quickly ended it. Then there was Fairplay and Burton, but that was only two people. Vanuatu had the Fat Five, but Ami's women alliance quickly overpowered them. There was the Four Horsemen in Fiji but they sucked so bad they can't even be called an alliance. Even though Coach in Tocantins did talk about taking the strongest to the end, he was in with Debbie later on and that didn't work either. And so on. None I can think of that really worked.

Edit: Oh and there was the Africa three with Lex, Tom, and Ethan. But that wasn't to take women out and two were outlasted by Kim J., the oldest woman that season.
    You blow my mind, kid.

I'd like to see a show where they drop different people off in the wilderness with just a cellphone and whoever didn't call for removal wins. Let them actually deal with things with a camera person and that's all.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Bear Grylls' Man vs Wild was close to what you're looking for except he went alone, with only a cameraman. (Unfortunately, it was revealed he didn't always brave the circumstances.) However, the show you'd enjoy is Les Stroud's Survivorman. It was the closest to your scenario. He went into survival situations alone. No cameraman! He shot all of the footage himself.

Of course, neither of these shows is a game show like Survivor. But then, that's a good thing.
    mom2 likes this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by mom2 View Post
    I'd like to see a show where they drop different people off in the wilderness with just a cellphone and whoever didn't call for removal wins. Let them actually deal with things with a camera person and that's all.
    Check out a show from the Discovery Channel called, "Out of the Wild: The Alaska Experiment". It's exactly like you're describing, except I think there was 10 people altogether. It's on DVD. I got it from Netflix.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I don't want to see them suffer. Well, maybe I do, a bit anyway.
    I'd rather see them issued tarps and blankets and stuggle with the food more.
    Me, too. The name of the show doesn't really fit anymore.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Well, the season where the survivors had to be given rice because they were literally starving, as I remember somebody mentioning, was the second in Australia. They had to give their tarps up in order to get the rice. Quite different back then. What was great about Australia was that it was a lot more about actual survival issues, unlike what we see today. The rice issue, the flood, and Michael falling in the fire being examples.

Here's that rice scene on Youtube, for anyone interested:

Survivor: The Australian Outback - Rice or Shelter? - 2x11 - "Let's Make a Deal" - YouTube
    Photobabe likes this.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

They look more like survivors of in Somali refugee camp rather than contestants on a game show.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    Well, the season where the survivors had to be given rice because they were literally starving, as I remember somebody mentioning, was the second in Australia. They had to give their tarps up in order to get the rice. Quite different back then. What was great about Australia was that it was a lot more about actual survival issues, unlike what we see today. The rice issue, the flood, and Michael falling in the fire being examples.

Here's that rice scene on Youtube, for anyone interested:

Survivor: The Australian Outback - Rice or Shelter? - 2x11 - "Let's Make a Deal" - YouTube
    Wow! I had forgotten how survivor used to be. I do remember Micheal falling in the fire. I remember feeling badly for him, he was hurt and had to leave. I had no such feelings for Colton when he was taken out of the game. Its all about backstabbing now.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Australia was probably in my top 3 favorite seasons! That was back before I despised Elizabeth... oh wait... probably because I hadn't seen here anywhere else at that point And now lookie there, I despise Colton for the pure and simple reason of who/what he showed himself to be on this show. No worries about me despising him more in the future since I would change the channel if I came across him somewhere else.

ETA: I just watched the clip from the link provided a few posts up and wow.. I didn't realize how I miss the OLD show. People (for the most part) pulling together for the common good and no repulsive personalities seemingly cast just for the sake of being repulsive. I miss that.
    Last edited by Marlena_M; 04-10-2012 at 11:34 PM.
    Lil Bit likes this.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

+ Reply to Thread