+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast
Like Tree128Likes

Thread: 4/4 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Re: 4/4 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    A great strategy is of no avail without luck on your side.
    And they never seem to recognize that EVERYONE thinks they have a great strategy. You can have the smartest plans in the world, but you're in a competition with a bunch of other people who are trying to bump you off even more quickly than you can bump them off. All those great plans that each person speaks "privately" into the camera all conflict with the great plans that everyone else is speaking into the camera when it's their turn. Those PIs are some of the funniest scenes, especially for those of us out here in the western USA who have read FoRT and know before the show starts who's going to the Ponderosa. Mike was real confident in his strategy this week . . . right up until the second time he heard his name at Tribal Council.
    Uncle David and Midol like this.

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

My thoughts on this episode:

1. Jay, don't be a doofus, there are more women than men now. Of COURSE they're going back to their original alliance and turn on you!

2. Can anyone say "Product Placement"? And, aren't you just dying for a crisp, cool 7-Up?

3. Pretty boring episode in my opinion.
    Midol likes this.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Quote Originally Posted by RBmumsie View Post
    My thoughts on this episode:

1. Jay, don't be a doofus, there are more women than men now. Of COURSE they're going back to their original alliance and turn on you!

2. Can anyone say "Product Placement"? And, aren't you just dying for a crisp, cool 7-Up?

3. Pretty boring episode in my opinion.
    All that 7-up! sheesh. Remember the good old days where only a tarp and rice were a real treat! LOL
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I remember those Fanny Mare. I don't remember the season but once the producers had to give them rice because they were literally starving. I think they made them give up some blankets or something along those lines that they had won in a previous challenge for the rice. Now, they hardly even lose much weight during the time they are "surviving."
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

It's not the same show anymore.Lil Bit I know they lose weight, because of how different they all look when they have the reunion show.
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit View Post
    I remember those Fanny Mare. I don't remember the season but once the producers had to give them rice because they were literally starving. I think they made them give up some blankets or something along those lines that they had won in a previous challenge for the rice. Now, they hardly even lose much weight during the time they are "surviving."
    Some health problems probably resulted and a professional stepped in to figure out what a day had to look like as far as nutrition was concerned. I would not be surprised to hear they are given vitamin supplements, a daily protein drink and a power bar or two.

I don't want to see them suffer. Well, maybe I do, a bit anyway. It used to be so satisfying to see them win a food reward and watch them devour a buffet. We don't see them delight in a reward shower anymore either. Another health concern may have been bacterial infection allowing them to shower once a week or they are given bio degradable soap to use in the ocean. Their hair does not look that bad these days. We never hear them complain about either of these things. I'd rather see them issued tarps and blankets and stuggle with the food more.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    Some health problems probably resulted and a professional stepped in to figure out what a day had to look like as far as nutrition was concerned. I would not be surprised to hear they are given vitamin supplements, a daily protein drink and a power bar or two.

I don't want to see them suffer. Well, maybe I do, a bit anyway. It used to be so satisfying to see them win a food reward and watch them devour a buffet. We don't see them delight in a reward shower anymore either. Another health concern may have been bacterial infection allowing them to shower once a week or they are given bio degradable soap to use in the ocean. Their hair does not look that bad these days. We never hear them complain about either of these things. I'd rather see them issued tarps and blankets and struggle with the food more.
    They went a lot of seasons with these concerns Shoepie. I think some of them once they were out there complained( alot) But for a million dollars, the heartless wench that I am say yes they should suffer Seven up all around isn't suffering. At one time we never saw leftovers being taken back from a challenge(ahh the good old days) .Some kind soul would smuggle a few pieces back now and then. But a boatload of 7 -up?
    Lil Bit and Uncle David like this.
    -Andy Rooney-

I think before tribal they are allowed some modest cleanup because they look less dirty than usual. The girls hair especially looks clean.

I think the original premise of the show was to SURVIVE, on their own, in the wild. Now it seems the focus is only on the backstabbing and the crazy, off the wall antics of a few of the contestants. This is one of the reasons why I am such a fan of Ozzie. I think he is more comfortable alone, fending for himself in the wild than he is in society. I know there has to be a social game, and they have to outwit each other. That's still a fun aspect of the game, but this season especially... with Colton and Alicia's hatefulness, and the just plain weirdness of Tarzan... it's gotten to be almost too much for me. For me, the game has gotten too far from what I think it was originally meant to be in order to focus on the outrageous behavior of some people. Just my opinion though.
    holly71, mom2, sweetpea and 2 others like this.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

I think you are right Lil Bit .Its more like throw a bunch of loons on a beach, on a fairly isolated island- and see how they do.
    Lil Bit and sweetpea like this.
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread