+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree161Likes

Thread: 3/28 One World Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Re: 3/28 One World Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

At this point Christina and Troyzan are my favorites too, I guess. Oh, and Leif.

Tarzan I am not much of a fan of anymore. At least I can say that Tarzan Vanilli are still together.

What a bunch of total idiots! I can't believe these people are even thinking. Why Jonas but not Tarzan??? Doesn't make sense. At first, I like Jonas...until he went to TC. I kept saying, "keep your mouth shut" but did he listen to me? no!!
    First these dummies keep Colton (and Alicia) and then Tarzan. Has any of them even watched this show before? I'm lousy at strategy but I do think I'd be smart enough not to follow Colton or Tarzan.
    I also think all underwear and speedos should be outlawed on Survivor. I've had enough of seeing them and now I have to realize that Tarzan has hidden smears on his!!!
    I don't care that the microbes are dead in boiling water. I wouldn't want my clothes anywhere near his "dirt." Lordy, he must smell even more than the rest of them who just haven't showered for awhile.

FORT Fogey

Taran is no threat to win so I get voting off Jonas. Too bad, nice guy.

If that team sticks together and aims for someone else the men are not dump and will aim for Alicia being able to count. It will be interesting to see how this goes. There are so many ways!

FORT Fan

I'd want that crazy, poopy ass loon sitting next to me at final tribal council.
    Brooks, mesachick and Midol like this.
    Trust Me!

FORT Regular

As far as the "girl power" thing, it makes sense. I've watched enough Survivor to know that any time a woman makes it to the end, everyone says she rode coattails or kissed up to someone to get there. If you have all girls in the finale, the chance of that is much smaller. The game is just tougher for women in general because they're seen as weak. Who gets voted out first? The weak-and-skinny girls and the older ladies. They have to scramble like mad to make some kind of alliance that keeps themselves safe, and then that strategy is deemed illegitimate because they didn't Chuck Norris their way to the end.

So I can't fault the ladies for taking the route that historically the guys (and the peripheral ladies who cling to the guys in hopes of winning) generally take. And often out of a sense of "I'm better than these women because I get along with the dudebros." Which is ... often misguided. I see it as less "girl power" and more "I have a better shot at winning and being seen as a legitimate winner if there are no alpha males at the end."

Getting off my soapbox ...
    Midol likes this.

As for Jonas, part of the reason he is gone comes down to just bad luck. Not only was he put on the tribe with Colton, Alicia and Tarzan when they reshuffled the tribes, he was unfortunately put on the same team with Tarzan at the reward challenge. Since Tarzan is not good physically during the challenges, he got teamed with Jonas to work on the puzzle. And Tarzan even had the audacity to snap at Jeff during that challenge, and Jonas had to tell him to stop talking!!!! For the life of me, I do not know how Tarzan was able to make the cut and be a part of this season on Survivor. He obviously is not physically fit, and we see how he is when it comes to the social part of the game. Too bad for Jonas but luck was not on his side - right from the very beginning.
    Midol and Jaceegirl like this.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

There are times when the women have bigger numbers that I've wondered why we didn't see them saying to the guys, "We're going to vote you off one by one, and there will be 3 women standing at the final tribal council." But I don't recall ever seeing that yet, although other alliances have been as forthright in speaking with non-alliance members. Honestly, if it were down to what it is now - 6 women and 5 guys, the women could let it get to 6 and 2, and keep the two guys who would bust their butts to provide food, etc., to try to stay in the game. The women could vote it down to 3 and 2, then dump the guys.
    Midol and Jaceegirl like this.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    There are times when the women have bigger numbers that I've wondered why we didn't see them saying to the guys, "We're going to vote you off one by one, and there will be 3 women standing at the final tribal council." But I don't recall ever seeing that yet, although other alliances have been as forthright in speaking with non-alliance members. Honestly, if it were down to what it is now - 6 women and 5 guys, the women could let it get to 6 and 2, and keep the two guys who would bust their butts to provide food, etc., to try to stay in the game. The women could vote it down to 3 and 2, then dump the guys.
    You are right it should be very simple now since there are more woman. I don't know what it is about this season, but I have not gotten to know anyone well enough to even make a decision of who to even root for to win. We saw more of Troyzan this week because he went looking for the Idol and he won immunity. I don't know if it is the way this season has been set up that just does not work for me or what. For weeks it seemed like all we saw was Colton and then Alicia. This week the main characters now that Colton is gone seemed to be Tarzan and Troyzan. As far as the girls I have not gotten to know any of them well enough that has stuck out as a true leader. Maybe it is just me. I just find this season hard to figure out. I really hope that we do see someone that finally emerges as a true leader, someone who has a plan and sticks by it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaceegirl View Post
    You are right it should be very simple now since there are more woman. I don't know what it is about this season, but I have not gotten to know anyone well enough to even make a decision of who to even root for to win. We saw more of Troyzan this week because he went looking for the Idol and he won immunity. I don't know if it is the way this season has been set up that just does not work for me or what. For weeks it seemed like all we saw was Colton and then Alicia. This week the main characters now that Colton is gone seemed to be Tarzan and Troyzan. As far as the girls I have not gotten to know any of them well enough that has stuck out as a true leader. Maybe it is just me. I just find this season hard to figure out. I really hope that we do see someone that finally emerges as a true leader, someone who has a plan and sticks by it.
    It's not just you, as I feel the same way. I really don't know much about any of them and certainly not enough to really root for any one person. At this point, I really like Kim and Chelsea and I liked Jonas, but I couldn't tell you a personal thing about them or any of the remaining people, except Tarzan. And he makes the pink underwear guy from a couple of seasons ago look downright normal. Hell, I don't even know some of their names. The tall, banker guy....I do know he's my ex sister-in-laws banker...but that's about it. Who's married? Who has children? I don't even know. It's been a weird season.
    Midol, Midol and Jaceegirl like this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

The author of The Hunger Games has compared her books to The Wizard of Oz and Alice in Wonderland. In a blog I read, the blogger says she would describe it, ". . . as having bits of those swirled with the edge-of-your-seat action of a Tom Clancy novel and peppered with a healthy dose of several seasons of Survivor.

PERFECT description. I thought of Survivor a lot while reading the book and watching the movie.

+ Reply to Thread