+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree161Likes

Thread: 3/28 One World Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 3/28 One World Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    Jeff does a Q&A every week with Dalton Ross of EW after the show and he answered this question. He said they would have had the merge the next day, but because Colton was evacuated out they did not have to vote anyone off at tribal so they moved up the merge 10 hours and did it at tribal so they would have something to show at tribal and partially, because they just wanted to freak them out a bit by having them all come to tribal wondering what was going on.
    I read Jeff Q&A every week and didn't see one last week or this week. Do you still have the link?

Found this though:

Will

TV BlogSearch: Search
    enhanced by Google Will ‘Survivor’ Villain Colton Be Invited Back? Host Jeff Probst Answers…
    by Gordon Holmes | March 28, 2012 at 12:24 PM | Survivor, TV News

Jeff Probst and Colton Cumbie (CBS)
    What a difference an episode makes.

Over the course of one hour, “Survivor: One World” lost its reviled bully to a medical concern, cemented a new power alliance with an idol, and brought both tribes together with a last-minute merge.

So, with all of that going on, it seemed like the perfect time to check in with “Survivor’s” 74-time Emmy-award-winning host* Jeff Probst.

*Not mathematically accurate.

Watch Full Episodes of ‘Survivor: One World’

Gordon Holmes: The show just lost one of the most hated villains of all time last Wednesday when Colton Cumbie was removed from the game. Did you realize at the time how big of a bad guy was being carted off?
    Jeff Probst: I had no idea how ugly Colton was being at camp. I saw one display at Tribal Council when he talked about “I have a black friend, a housekeeper, who I pay.” I didn’t realize how aggressive he was in treating people and how poorly he treated people. Colton is one of the few people I can recall where the audience just has a true dislike for. He’s different from Russell (Hantz) who you just might love to hate.
    Holmes: Think we’ll see Colton again?
    Probst: Russell you bring back. Colton, I don’t think you do. I can’t imagine celebrating Colton and bringing him back. But, I could be wrong on that.
    Holmes: Some people love Russell, some people hate Russell. This Colton hatred seems pretty universal.
    Probst: On one hand, Colton is honest. This is where he comes from, this is his truth. But, that doesn’t excuse it. And I think it would be hard to root for him to win the game ever. And I had no idea when he was evacuated how much people despised him. So, it’s always a little weird for me if I had known. Would I have had an attitude with him?

Holmes: I’m going to give you a quick compliment. Don’t be alarmed. But, I think one of your strong points is when it comes to racially charged Tribal Councils like with Bill and Colton this season or Phillip (Sheppard) and Steve (Wright) in “Redemption Island” you don’t take an attitude with people. Rather than breaking it down from your point of view and being, “You’re right” and “You’re wrong,” you seem to embrace the old writers’ adage that, “No villain ever thinks he’s wrong.”
    Probst: Thanks.
    Holmes: We’re twenty four seasons into this social experiment; do those put-it-all-out-there moments still excite you?
    Probst: Any time somebody brings up differences in how they live or how someone looks or their race or their sexuality and they’re willing to talk about it, I get very excited. That’s the fabric of our society. That is what it’s all about, all of our differences. You think you’re right and I think I’m right and the truth could be somewhere in the middle. I don’t know, sometimes the truth is over on the left. So, I like having those discussions. It never surprises me.

Holmes: I’m at risk of having my “Survivor” press badge taken away for two reasons. First, I make Dream Teamers cry.

Note: Dream Teamers are the crack crew of talented, athletic youngsters who practice the show’s immunity and reward challenges.

Probst: Why?
    Holmes: Because I beat them in challenges too often.
    Probst: (Laughs)
    Holmes: And second, I have no idea what’s going on with these twists. You bring out Redemption Island and my first instinct is, “There’s no way anyone can come back into the game and win.” Then it almost happens twice. A challenge goes a different way and Ozzy Lusth is a champion.
    Probst: Yup.
    Holmes: Matt Elrod and Andrea Boehlke could’ve been serious spoilers too. Then, you announce One World and my first instinct is, “This is great. We’re gonna have all kinds of inter-tribe mingling. I can’t wait.” Then, the exact opposite thing happens. One minute you have Michael stealing a pick axe and the next these two tribes won’t even share fire.
    Probst: It’s crazy!

Holmes: What were you anticipating when the One World idea came across your desk?
    Probst: We’ve talked about two tribes living on one beach for ten years. We were never sure we could pull it off. There were issues about identifying the tribes. Another concern is that it would be one big love fest and they’d make one big fire, one big shelter and we’d have this mess of twenty people living together. Fortunately, Mike decided to start stealing stuff off the bat and it was game on.
    Holmes: So for the sake of one pick axe, the whole season became cutthroat central.
    Probst: I never understand that. Stealing? When you need votes to win the game? How does that work long term?
    Holmes: If I’m a Manono guy and I witness that? I’d put that in my back pocket and happily rat Michael out when I needed to.
    Probst: You need to be on this show.
    Holmes: Sign me up. The only problem there is I’m not good looking enough to be a good-looking guy and I’m not quite nerdy enough to be a nerdy guy. You need to keep the show going until I’m old enough to be the cranky geezer.
    Last edited by Bearcata; 03-29-2012 at 01:38 PM.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
    So Jonas is the first one at Ponderosa. I predict he organizes the kitchen and cooks for all the staff. ;^)
    Close he did cook with the chef.

Found the EW article:

Jeff Probst on episode 7 of 'Survivor: One World' | Inside TV | EW.com

Mar 29 2012 09:58 AM ET

Jeff Probst on episode 7 of 'Survivor: One World'
    by Dalton Ross
    Tags: Reality TV, Survivor, Television

Each week, host Jeff Probst answers a few questions about the most recent episode of Survivor: One World.

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: Judging by the fact that the first post-merge reward challenge had people dividing into two teams, I’m guessing that the original plan was to merge them either right after that challenge or right before last night’s immunity challenge, but that you accelerated the merge to Tribal Council once Colton was taken out of the game. Can you share some behind-the-scenes insight as to how you guys adjusted things once Colton was evacuated?
    JEFF PROBST: When Colton was taken out it meant we had nobody to vote out at Tribal Council. Since the merge was planned for the next morning, we decided to bring them to Tribal Council (putting a bit of fear in them) and merge them that night instead. We just needed something to happen at Tribal so we moved up the merge by about 10 hours.

You’ve had a few classic out-of-context quotes while doing challenge play-by-play, and last night’s “Michael, with balls hanging on both sides of his disc,” was right up there. Do you realize right after you say stuff like that “Oh, that idiot Dalton is going to have a field day with that one,” or are you simply too in the zone to notice until it shows up on TV?
    Well, at this point I’m fairly aware of the fun opportunities to be had when you have a challenge involving discs and balls! So yes, I’m aware of what I’m saying as I say it! And I’m aware you’ll have fun with it the next morning. It’s one of the things I like about your writing. You never miss an opportunity for anything! I’d have to say though my favorite of the night was “Tarzan’s balls haven’t moved in a long time.”

Tarzan’s underwear — dirt or poop? What’s your take and what’s the proper underwear washing etiquette here?
    I wasn’t there so this is just based on the facts that I saw play out on the episode — I’d say poop. In fact I’d bet quite a bit that it was poop. Proper etiquette is to wash them in the friggin’ ocean. I don’t care if the boiled water rids the parasites, it’s the image in my head that is most concerning. Every time I’m drinking water I’ll be thinking…. Tarzan’s poop is in my water. Man, even writing it is disgusting. Doesn’t mean I don’t love Tarzan, cause I do!

'Survivor' Central: Get the latest news, photos, and more

Tease us up for next week, sir!
    A shocking blindside eradicates any sense of security in the Tikiano tribe
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by mountaingirl70 View Post
    Yes, what the heck was Jonas doing at tribal?? I was yelling "shut up" at my tv..... jeez Jonas.... do NOT reveal much at tribal.... certainly do NOT stir the pot..... and I really liked Jonas!!! play your moves close to your vest... loose lips, sink ships. But, he was going anyway.
    I was sad to see Jonas go, and I also thought that he shared a little too much at TC, but apparently Troyzan gave him the heads up warning so that he could at the very least try to save himself. I was so glad that Jonas did not tell those at TC that Troy had told him that his name was being brought up for elimination. Anyway, Jonas probably was not going to be able to save himself since he was being viewed as the most "dangerous" - between Tarzan and Leif that is.

Someone used the word mercurial to describe Tarzan, and that is the perfect description!!! He is moody and quick to anger. There is definitely something very "off" about him, that's for sure. Him dropping his dirty drawers in the pot with Chelsea's clothes just showed how out of touch he is with reality. I would like to see him off the show, but I would also feel sorry for Jonas having to deal with his once again. However, if the women plan to pick off the men one by one, then Tarzan could be around for a while.

I am having trouble rooting for anyone this season. All I know for sure is that I don't want either Tarzan or Alicia in the F3....of that I am certain!!!
    jucamer and Jaceegirl like this.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, Bejeweled® 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Well, I think Kim ran this vote, and I actually think it was quite a good choice. I guess I'm the only one!

Here's why: she's keeping her options open, either stick with her current tribe, or go back with the girls. Considering those two options, she had to vote out someone from the other tribe, and it had to be a guy. That would leave Leif, Tarzan, and Jonas. Of the three, Jonas is the most dangerous for her, or her tribe. Leif isn't trusted by anyone, and Tarzan is a fruitcake and would be perfect to have in the final three. Jonas, as the tribe admitted, is universally well-liked... he actually has a brain in his head and he could make some moves in the game. Jonas's best bet may have been to point his finger at Tarzan or Leif (rather than Mike) but he gave it a try.
    I think, overall, it was a good choice for the girls.

It seems next week the girls have to make their decision... whether to stick to with the girls of old or to stick with their new tribe. I think it may be a little early to make the "all girls" play. Perhaps take out Tarzan or Leif first so Christina flipping isn't a possibility for messing things up. They should also remember there is an idol out there and that could be a problem if their numbers aren't firm.

As for the "girl power" thing, I feel it's less about girl power (Kim herself said she hates that) but just sticking with those you trust and taking out threats like Mike and Jay... even Troyzan. I don't think I'd mind being a final three with Alicia and Kat. They seem pretty beatable.

So overall, I don't think Kim and Chelsea and their alliance are playing a poor game at all. I do think the guys are being short sighted by simply voting out guys at this point, but maybe Jay, Troy and Mike feel very safe with the girls. Good job, girls, then!
    Alexxxx likes this.

If Kim is running the show. I am okay with that. I thought one of the guys were. I had no fondness for Jonas. although I wish Alica had gone She will turn on Kim
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    If Kim is running the show. I am okay with that. I thought one of the guys were. I had no fondness for Jonas. although I wish Alica had gone She will turn on Kim
    She would turn on her own mother if it was to her advantage. This is NOT a nice person.

Jonas, wtf? Man, cut his own throat.
    At this point, my favorites are:

Troyzan - (whos facial features remind me of Jesse James with long hair) He seems relatively smart, likable, and knows how to play the social game.
    Chelsea - Again, relatively smart and likable. Although, her interaction with Tarzan could be a precursor to her screwing up her social game, in the future.
    Christina - Similar to Chelsea, but, cant seem to get on board with an alliance
    Jay - I cant help but stereotype him as the stupid young pretty-boy, but, I really dont think hes stupid. Hell, he was one of the few that spoke out against Coltons idea of giving up their team immunity. Hes also likable.
    Sabrina - Likable and playing a smart game thus far

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

Very glad they finally played the full opening theme song. I miss that!

The skid-marked shorts was too gross for words. Anyone who would lie about something like that...and a Doctor no less. I'm disgusted by everything about this slob. He's making Judd from Guatemala look positively refined.

I'm kind of liking Christina and Troyzan. So far, a bizarre season. As always, I hope for a nighttime challenge. I miss those, too!

Which reminds me....why in the world did they send Leif out first to retrieve a bag? If just one larger person had preceded him, he could have just shot through and started digging. That made no sense to me at all.

Which reminds me....why in the world did they send Leif out first to retrieve a bag? If just one larger person had preceded him, he could have just shot through and started digging. That made no sense to me at all.
    Jeff pointed that out right away, they send the smallest guy out to dig a hole for the rest of them.Duh! not the brightest lot are they?
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread